Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

hursty wrote:I wonder why they've done "People per boat", rather than "Maximum people per boat".

I could potentially see that causing some confusion
Seems the interchangeable panels say "maximum" before the respective number:

Source: TowersStreet Facebook
Justin

I'm not to keen on the plank vinyl. It doesn't look right.
AltonOperator

Justin wrote:I'm not to keen on the plank vinyl. It doesn't look right.
It definitely looks dodgy at the top of the word maximum
Thanks Jack
Justin

Yeah, it just doesn't work :(
hursty

lewis97 wrote: Seems the interchangeable panels say "maximum" before the respective number:
Ah, I guess that's one way of doing it!
It seems an odd way of writing it, doesn't scan well; "People per boat maximum 7"

Still does the job though!
Swarm Chris

Maybe they also have some panels that say minimum?
streetmagix

I was thinking that too, they could have signs thats say 'Maximum, minimum, average' for any eventuality. 
Dan

As reported by TowersTimes Facebook; Alton Towers have unveiled their latest addition to the entertainment in CBeebies Land with Andy's Prehistoric Adventures!

The meet-and-greet features Andy's team aboard their Dino-Mobile, as they make their way from the top of CBeebies Land, down to the plaza in front of The Furchester Hotel.

The educational show sees the gang stop off for songs and photos on their adventure, as well as unveiling some special friends.

Robert.W

Always great to see how committed Alton Towers are to keeping CBeebies Land fresh and up to date with regular new additions and entertainment like this. If only they could see the benefits of keeping the rest of the park as fresh and up to date as this...

Now, talking about the new signage that keeps appearing around the resort... well, what can I say... I imagine Leek Signs are doing well for business at the moment! In seriousness though, I'm getting a little bit bored of flat vinyl signage now... they're not particularly creative or inspiring to look at. Okay, in some instances it works fine – the new signage around the entrance plaza for example. But it becomes a problem when the majority of rides are plastered with flat, boring vinyl signage. The sheer quantity is very excessive, and makes the park look and feel very cheap.

Dan

This Coca-Cola recycling machine has appeared on the plaza at Alton Towers. If you recycle a plastic bottle in the machine, you receive a 50% off voucher that can be used on an individual attraction entry ticket to any UK Merlin attraction.

Source: TowersStreet
Bert

I saw this on Facebook earlier. 

Seems like a joint PR stunt between Coca-Cola and Merlin. Interesting to see how long it lasts.
[Insert Signature Here]
Robert.W

It's due to last until mid October. Does seem interesting. I've heard speculation that Coca-Cola might be bargaining on an increase in sales if people know they will be able to get half price admission to Merlin attractions by recycling their used bottles... 

Robert.W

Alton Towers seem to be testing new boats on the Congo River Rapids recently. They look to have their own gates and bars around the edges of the boat. TowersStreet have some images, but Twitter is being a pain, so you'll have to go find them yourselves if you want to see them :P

jackf1tz

Here you go.
Credit TowersStreet Twitter
LittleReidy

Not sure if there is a thread for this but has anyone had an Alton Towers themed birthday cake?
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Robert.W

Never had an Alton Towers themed cake myself, though I have seen some pretty impressive ones online.

Justin

I've had a few and they are very nice!
Dan

As reported by TowersTimes Facebook, Alton Towers have updated their Theme Park opening times on their website to show the operating hours until Friday 14th September.

As expected, the Theme Park returns to what has become their standard off peak hours, opening 10am-4pm on weekdays from Tuesday 4th September, and 10am-5pm on weekends. As previously confirmed, the Theme Park will be Closed on Wednesday 5th September, then on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays the rest of the month.

streetmagix

Expected but still disappointing. Are staggered openings still expected to return after the summer holidays?
Dan

streetmagix wrote:Expected but still disappointing. Are staggered openings still expected to return after the summer holidays?
It hasn’t been confirmed anywhere, but I would imagine so.

It’s a real shame, as the park operates so much better when pretty much everything opens at 10.