The Smiler - Other Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
AltonTowerfanatic

Hey no matter how bad this sounds haha does anyone know of any construction pics or the barcodes on the banners I can scan to unlock the things f he game with put going to AT as its hard to get there at the moment my aural pass is going too waste haha :/ but yeah like any photos in here or on google I can scan?? Many thanks has :D
I'm ready to Smile!
Bexbunce

I finally got the phone case and I'm really impressed with it. For an iphone5 case with thermal colour change on the back, £8 is really good value. Love it already :)
AltonTowerfanatic

Bexbunce wrote: I finally got the phone case and I'm really impressed with it. For an iphone5 case with thermal colour change on the back, £8 is really good value. Love it already :)
Cool story bro, haha jokes but what does it have to do with this?? Anyway never mind it's nice to shares:D where from sounds good?? ;)
I'm ready to Smile!
getothing

Heyyy!! The smiler bedroom is open now!! Where is the pics!
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡
ilyAlton

AltonTowerfanatic wrote: Hey no matter how bad this sounds haha does anyone know of any construction pics or the barcodes on the banners I can scan to unlock the things f he game with put going to AT as its hard to get there at the moment my aural pass is going too waste haha :/ but yeah like any photos in here or on google I can scan?? Many thanks has :D
I think I read somewhere its based off GPS, so you actually have to be there to scan it, however that may have been speculation.
AltonTowerfanatic wrote:
Bexbunce wrote: I finally got the phone case and I'm really impressed with it. For an iphone5 case with thermal colour change on the back, £8 is really good value. Love it already :)
Cool story bro, haha jokes but what does it have to do with this?? Anyway never mind it's nice to shares:D where from sounds good?? ;)
The phone case is smiler merchandise, here's a picture from towersnerd:

getothing

getothing wrote: Heyyy!! The smiler bedroom is open now!! Where is the pics!
its posible :)
MatthewR1990

Someone grab me a smiler iPhone 5 case and send it to me... I'll PayPal you the money and everything... I just really want one lmao!
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
getothing

MatthewR1990 wrote: Someone grab me a smiler iPhone 5 case and send it to me... I'll PayPal you the money and everything... I just really want one lmao!
The same !!! Jajajaj
getothing

is there any way for me to bring home the 2013 map and a sticker?
undeadarmy

getothing wrote: is there any way for me to bring home the 2013 map and a sticker?
Quick question, if you live in Spain are you going to travel here to ride The Smiler or are you just watching Construction for fun?
Liam.buckler

ilyAlton wrote:
I think I read somewhere its based off GPS, so you actually have to be there to scan it, however that may have been speculation.
No location privileges are requested on the Android version of the game, so the *current version of the app can't use GPS..
ilyAlton

Liam.buckler wrote:
ilyAlton wrote:
No location privileges are requested on the Android version of the game, so the *current version of the app can't use GPS..
Then it must have been speculation, wasn't sure. It would be a good idea though.
Owen

ilyAlton wrote:
Liam.buckler wrote:
ilyAlton wrote:
Then it must have been speculation, wasn't sure. It would be a good idea though.
Not for those with larger devices  ;)
ilyAlton

Thrillmad wrote:
ilyAlton wrote:
Liam.buckler wrote: No location privileges are requested on the Android version of the game, so the *current version of the app can't use GPS..
Not for those with larger devices  ;)
Very good point, actually.
getothing

undeadarmy wrote:
getothing wrote: is there any way for me to bring home the 2013 map and a sticker?
Quick question, if you live in Spain are you going to travel here to ride The Smiler or are you just watching Construction for fun?
im traveling to alton towers on summer¡I Really like alton towers ,i think is better than porta aventura.
MatthewR1990

I would also like to add that the Smiler iOS app also doesn't use location services at the moment. So without an update all scannable items can be scanned from anywhere in the world as long as you have the scannable item in front of you.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
dylan.tempelaars

you know how china copied colossus at Thorpe park, do you think anyone will copy the smiler?
some people call me insane, you are right!
temleh

dylan.tempelaars wrote: you know how china copied colossus at Thorpe park, do you think anyone will copy the smiler?
Not really copying, as it is a standard 'off the shelf' layout from Intamin. Thorpe 'copied' the design from another park anyway (coaster named Avalancha which opened the same year as Collosus), the only difference is Thorpe added 2 more inversions and came to an exclusivity agreement with Intamin! Now that agreement is over, these things are being built everywhere, from China to Brazil! :)
Last edited by temleh on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Instagram! @v05mattclay
TomL

temleh wrote:
dylan.tempelaars wrote: you know how china copied colossus at Thorpe park, do you think anyone will copy the smiler?
Not really copying, as it is a standard 'off the shelf' layout from Intamin. Thorpe 'copied' the design from another park anyway (coaster named Avalancha which opened the same year as Collosus), the only difference is Thorpe added 2 more inversions and came to an exclusivity agreement with Intamin! Now that agreement is over, these things are being built everywhere, from China to Brazil! :)
Plus.... In some cases, Alton get exclusivity of their world first sometimes from the manufacturers... So they could hold on to the worlds first title
Phild94

Do you think anyone is insane enough to reconstruct this ride????

Admittedly I imagine in 5 years or so it will be copied but it won't have half as many head choppers and near misses because it won't have the marmaliser stood over the track...... And it won't have any of the spark that Wardley gave to it

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D