world record

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Anonymous

[quote=""titler121""]One more in X-sector, one in UG land and one more on the car park behind FV which I think will happen.
[/quote]

Where in X-Sector?!
Car park? Seriously?! That car park gets full!
UG Land, they probably will be able to squeeze one in.
Jay12

Alton Towers have broke a world record.

Most Naked People On A Roller Coaster a once member of this forum Kylies Kitty was involved with this.

The ride being Nemesis.
Sig made by Craig - Gashead.
Kaz

[quote=""Bigdave_15_1985""]Id do the skyride one lol. Erh I think he means as far as rides go, what record could the next new ride try and break? I think we should go for worlds first 2-in-1 coaster. Werid idea I had that if you got an intamin 4 tube box track and used the top 2 for a sit down caoster and use the bottom 2 for an inverted coaster.[/quote]

But what about the supports hey?

I think they should see how many windows they can smash on the Ropers house in 30 seconds.
Ian

Kat we don't 'do' Roper bashing here so no more please. :D
Kaz

Have a sense of humor you fart. :lol:
Anonymous

Kaz, I assure you Ian has a huge sense of humour, but as Roper bashing reflects badly on this forum as a whole, you'll have to excuse him, as our head mod, for not 'lmao'ing (publicly ;)) at what you said...:P
Ash

Anyway back on topic you lovely Mods and Head Mods.

I think the car park near cariba creek would make an interesting new area extending the boundaries of the park and could perhaps be themed in a jamaican way continuing on with the theme of the hotel! Perhaps doing jurrasic park esque safari trips. Could make for some interesting back down stories on rides.

There are many other places within the grounds of the park the car park could be situated and I feel that this is required and reomve the car park completely from this area and using it only for rides and better staff use. Perhaps building a small building for a staff and a new small staff car park for those working in this area.

I feel this would be much more of a benefit to the park putting a worlds first coaster and perhaps one indoor ride and 2 flats in this area and then a staff car park/building and moving the car park infront of the hotels perhaps onto the overflow car parks? Always a possibility?

It seems a very logical move for the park given tall buildings and rides already being there and the possibilities for park intergration into the hotels are outstanding becuase Im sure the guests would prefer to over look an interesting jungle than a car park? Its much easier for the park to use land for car parking space than it is to get more land for rides it seems at the current time?

Discuss please.
Shent

How about, rita standing up :shock: That would be pritty cool :o
......The one and only... :sus:
Peterwittland

heres an idea that could work, Make Rita the fastest coaster in the world by making the launch longer, then instead of having it turn at the end of the launch, get it to dive down into the valley, through a few turns (and inversions?) then to brake with some tree's blocking the view of the next part of the ride.

You sit there for 20 seconds when a tannoy echoes "Rita queen of speed is experiencing technical difficulties, please remain seated until." whilst the riders think this is a real announcement, its actually fake and half way through it at an unexpected moment the train is launced from 0 - 90 MPH and up a vertical hill back to ug land floor level, you complete the current ride circuit and then the ride is over.

Could be done but it depends on how noisy it would be.
FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP!
nancarrow

How about a stand up wooden rollercoaster?
nancarrow

son of beast is the first wooden rollercoaster with a loop.

http://www.rcdb.com/id584.htm

When alton towers do their wooden rollercoaster why not have a Double Corkscrew added to the ride!

Can it be done.
haydn!

It probably can be done. But I think anything over than air time hills on a wooden coaster would take away its novelty. Wooden coasters with loops have been labbled as extremely painful, and to be honest Alton would be better off just building a world class wooden coaster with your standard features.
Ketchup

[quote=""nancarrow""]son of beast is the first wooden rollercoaster with a loop.

http://www.rcdb.com/id584.htm

When alton towers do their wooden rollercoaster why not have a Double Corkscrew added to the ride!

Can it be done.[/quote]

From what i've heard its one of the most painful coasters on the planets partly due to the appalling trains. The loop is apparently the smoothest part of the ride and thats only because the loop has steel track unlike the rest of the ride!

I don't like the idea of loops on a wooden coaster, wooden coasters are supposed to feel traditional not high tech like the modern B&M and Intamin designs are, I think they should just stick to hills and twists not to more modern elements, which will wreck the nostalgic feel of a wooden coaster.
John

Wooden rollercoasters tend to be rough. Alton towers already has one very rough coaster with a doulbe corkscrew so they don't need another.

Again the roughness of a woodie would probably make a stand up wooden coaster very unpleasant to ride - interesting idea though, maybe one will get built someday - I don't think I'll go on it though!