The Next SW!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
$t£v£

Alton are going to change it so X-Sector becomes more of a family orientated area,
Family with oblivion there?
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.
SW-Dave

[quote=""wolves for europe""]See this page....they do!

http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... c&start=20

But anyway, i think they are working on a 4d coaster, the potential is huge, but back to my original post, what do you think the next SW will be?[/quote]

showing where the argument has already taken place dosent prove they exist or are being developed. I scowered the internet after the first time you insisted they exist and all I found were forums with people speculating about it.
fanm

[quote=""entwistlesjd""]
Alton are going to change it so X-Sector becomes more of a family orientated area,
Family with oblivion there?[/quote]

2 Options-
1)Alton win the appeal case with ropers-X Sector remains unchanged and Ug Land has a mix of thrill rides with family rides.
2)Alton loses appeal.
i) Oblivion goes. X Sector have already got rid of the black Hole, so could have to get rid of Oblivion, and move rides about until the former X-Sector becomes a (quieter) family area, while Ug Land becomes a thrill sector.
ii)Oblivion stays. Other rides moved, X-sector becomes an area like Ug Land/Thunder Rock Rally (ie A big ride and other family rides).

Also, I heard SW1 was called off because Arrow went Bankrupt.
Argh! REVISION
Anonymous

Alton Towers won't have to remove Oblivion. Quiten it down abit, and job done.

And I object to them making it a family area!!! The theme is just not "family"... actually serving for the most hardcore thrill theme in the park. And little kiddies running around the Oblivion drop, it just wouldn't be right.

:firebounce:
plasticboy

No, i dont think AT will have to remove oblivion. But if they do, i think they will hang on to it, and it will reappear in a differnt area of the park years later. It is just a too big attraction to simply get rid off.
$t£v£

It is just a too big attraction to simply get rid off.
Do you mean size or success?
ToWeRz 4EvA

both it wud cost millions to remove it and fill up the hole and then redo it again sumwer else and its too popular to remove just becuase of some moaning mardybums
macny1

Yeah moving oblivion to another area of the park would not be econmical and because the hole took up a large cost of the whole oblivion project. but oblivion will not need to removed, just quietened somehow. as for the SW series i hope it continues as it adds a bit of magic the the project and in obliviopns case kept people guessing for a long time. it is a complete myth that an SW comes every 4 years it just turned out that way but it was not planned that way sw1 & 2 were planned before 1994 meaning the pattern would have been broken before it even started. what the next big rollercoaster will be is obviously a mystery and i hope they keep it that way for as long as possible or do somethig like what they did with oblivion so complete mystery surrounds it. but i dont reckon it will come until at least 2008 as we are getting CATCF next year and AT really needs some new flats before they even consider adding to their coaster selection
Josh

[quote=""SW-Dave""][quote=""wolves for europe""]See this page....they do!

http://towerstimesforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... c&start=20

But anyway, i think they are working on a 4d coaster, the potential is huge, but back to my original post, what do you think the next SW will be?[/quote]

showing where the argument has already taken place dosent prove they exist or are being developed. I scowered the internet after the first time you insisted they exist and all I found were forums with people speculating about it.[/quote]
Yes its only speculation at the moment.
And quite frankly, after what happened with arrow after their attempt im not sure if B&M will even try.
Fanta

The 4D design was successful in that it gave riders a new ride to ride. However because of the absolutely terrible loading/unloading procedures and the reliability of the thing, Six flags sued Arrow Dynamics, who were then bought out by S&S. A B&M 4D coaster is entirely possible. They are masters of coaster engineering, and it would be nice to see them have a go at the genre.
Ash

It would be interesting and there have been many rumors around the coaster community that they are attempting such a ride. And we all know where B & M like to test their new rides?!

However I cannot see where the ride wood go because there is not enough space in GW due to the fact that the gardens boundary takes up to much room. The only place it could go was on the car park near FV! Theres plenty of room there!

This ride could perhaps start a new area of the park from FV and maybe be the quantam leap?Two new flats could also be added to the area.With all the new money from DIC.We could even see a ride with 11! real or (not so real) inversions.

This would push Alton to the definite forefront with a new coaster, 4D, 11 looper! 2 Worlds first flats! Thats a quantam leap! But would take two years to complete!
fanm

I don't want a 4d coaster. I don't know why, but it looks 'messy', kind of like the Vekoma Flying Dutchman. That was the reason that John Wardley didn't get a vekoma FD as Air in the first place-It started off on your back, then twisted you over. A 4D is overtly complicated. Alton are best at doing a simple idea, but doing it to the best it can be.

But perhaps a B&M 4D could change my opinion...
Argh! REVISION
SW-Dave

[quote=""fanm""]I don't want a 4d coaster. I don't know why, but it looks 'messy', kind of like the Vekoma Flying Dutchman. That was the reason that John Wardley didn't get a vekoma FD as Air in the first place-It started off on your back, then twisted you over. A 4D is overtly complicated. Alton are best at doing a simple idea, but doing it to the best it can be.

But perhaps a B&M 4D could change my opinion...[/quote]

I agree here infact, 4D's do look unsitly, though thats probably in part due to to the nausiating pink and yellow paint job.

I dont doubt that B&M would take on the project of redesigning and perfecting the 4d idea, its certainly there style, look at Inverteds, Dive machines and Flyers, all are ideas that have been tried before. My point is though that the rumours are silly because its pure speculation nothing more. Believe me ill be as excited as anyone else if B%M actually do develop a 4D.
Dave

maybe somehtign to rival Colossus in terms of invertions?

everyone is saying "it wont be a B&M 4D. they dont exists." but didnt they say that about dive machines. flyers and inverted costers at one point?

also about SW1 and 2 they were abandoned after the team tested the prototype wernt they? and they desided it wasnt as thrilling as they thought it wud be?? or did i dream that one?
Coasternut

No, Arrow had financial problems the first time for SW1 and then the B&M Inverter appeared and they decided they would rather have that than SW2 I think. Arrow did recover however X, their 4D coaster pushed them into bankruptcy and they were bought out by S&S Power in 2002.

I think the next major ride will not be an SW as I think that has been abandoned, but something on a similar or larger scale. I think Alton needs three things especially, a 4D Ride such as Spiderman or DaKastle (could be two expensive), a woody (we all know about the problems facing that) and a better selection of flats (this would not be an SW style project but something gradual).
$t£v£

look at Inverteds, Dive machines and Flyers, all are ideas that have been tried before.
B&M were in fact the first to attempt the inverted coaster the rest were suspended and were unable to travel through inversions.
SW-Dave

[quote=""entwistlesjd""]
look at Inverteds, Dive machines and Flyers, all are ideas that have been tried before.
B&M were in fact the first to attempt the inverted coaster the rest were suspended and were unable to travel through inversions.[/quote]

My point was that it wasnt B&M who first came up with the idea of the train being below the track. B&M simply refined an idea that was already in existance, Same with Verkomas flying coasters when they developed AIR.
Rita_05

Sorry, i'm probably being stupid but whats CATCF. i'll kick myself when i know.[/quote]
latest alton trip (2nd april 2006) went on:
Rita: 2 nemesis: 1 Air: 2 Oblivion: 4 Spinball: 1 Corkscrew: 1 Ripsaw: 1
notts nat

Charlie And The Chocolate Factory the catcf is the first letter from each of the words