RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.
Pennywise

[url=" target="_blank][/url]

Just a competition entry I did on another website... what do yous all think? :)
Corkscrewed

What we need, is a 3D RCT2. Less with the Cartoony crap, and more realism needs adding to it.

I do love RCT3, but the game is crap =[
DiogoJ42

I wouldn't say it's crap. just seriously flawed.

But then it is the bigest drain of my time, so maybe I'm biased!
Russell

Right so I've never shown any of my creations online before and after spending the week end looking at, and playing around with other peoples parks and downloading a hell of alot of CS (which im new to) I have decided I want to create a park and show it online.

This is where you guys come in....

If you guys are interested I want you to help me choose what goes into this park! :) I have nothing designed so far apart from some rough ideas.

What im suggesting is if I ask you guys to pick some options for the first rides and areas and I'll try and get this part, entrance area and the landscaping done by sat/sunday.

Quick little backstory set in present day so full range of coasters available....
Joe Bloggs (name to be decided) has inherited a very large fortune from a distant relative and has purchased a plot of land to develope a theme park. He has approached the council and received a general planning order for the park and may build anything up to 120 ft in height.

The options he is looking at for the first coaster and areas are...
Eurofighter
Vekoma Looping Coaster
Launched Coaster

Areas
Abandoned Mine
Industrial Area
Lost City

Any other suggestions will be considered for themes and supporting rides plus anything else you can think of!
Last edited by Russell on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since April 2008
AdamJ

I'd suggest maybe a nice medium sized EuroFighter, running off the way Fluch von Novgorod (See Here) was built, with a launching system & small lift hill. It could be a good idea, maybe include only 2 inversions, but also use a lot of ground hugging effects, some near-head choppers and a few tunnels. Using the Lost City idea, I'd say something around the size of Colossus (Thorpe Park), but still keeping the ride under 3,000ft, and using maybe 1 or 2 block brakes to allow multiple cars on the ride per time.

Hope that helps you :)

EDIT: For this area, supporting rides such as an Enterprise (maybe use theming so you can hide the big box round the edge, making the back half of the ride like a curved house?) and maybe a Top Scan in the same idea as the Enterprise, but this time giving near misses to the actual coaster track and/or supports, still leaving it H&S friendly.
Russell

I'm loving the look of that Eurofighter :)

Thanks for your input I'm thinking of giving it till thurs to see if any one else puts forward ideas and see what gets the most 'votes' :D
Since April 2008
DiogoJ42

Sadly, the RCT Eurofighter is pants. Very limmited track. You can mimic it with the Extended Coaster, but that can't do vertical lifts.

What kind of launch are we talking about? Intamin? Moterbikes? Air powered?
Something crazy is always a good first ride to get the punters comming.
Russell

Yeah the vertical lift is something that unfortunately is missing but I have downloaded a CTR for the eurofighter so at least the cars look spot on :)
Regards the launch coaster it will likely be similar to Rita but with inversions and quite ground hugging. Unfortunately the track wont look like intamin tho as the Lim coaster doesnt have this kind of track :(
Since April 2008
DiogoJ42

The Storm Runner is your best bet for an Intamin launch.
I'v not tried a CTR yet, is there a good site for those?
neontrix

I Like It...
The industry thing sounds coool

I've got a cool enetrace thing i can send...
If you want
"We are entertainers. The fact we use concrete and steel to do our entertaining, as apposed to a piece of Shakespearean text or whatever, is... is immaterial" - John Wardley, 1997
Russell

[quote=""neontrix""]I Like It...

If you want[/quote]

Yes please :)

best site for CTR I found is http://www.dasmatze.de/rct/news.php

EDIT : the basic entrance and ticket booths are done - this is my first park with major CS so be nice! :) The rest of the park is flat desolate ground that the owner plans to shape as the park progresses. If I new how to put images up I would! :(
Since April 2008
Trooper

Here's a great tutorial for taking screenshots.
[url=http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=606836" target="_blank]http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=606836[/url]

To get them on here, sign up at photobucket.com and upload your shots. Then copy and paste the IMG code that appears under the picture. If it's too big for the forums simply delete where it says IMG in the brackets and type shot instead.

As for this park, I would suggest you build what you want to. Story and community aided parks are hard work, especially if you're new to the game possibly.

Haunted Mine theme has been done so much lately, I'd give that a miss. Lost city is fairly easy but not amazingly original so I'd go for the industrial area if I were you. DasMatze's industry age set and even his Mine set can be useful for that theme.

It also might be easier to alter the land before you begin building heavily as the auto-tunnelling feature on RCT3 (if you have the Wild expansion) will make your park look like crap if you start making hills where you've built nearby. Here's another really good tutorial for landscaping, or terrforming.
[url=http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=621860" target="_blank]http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/sh ... p?t=621860[/url]

Hope this has helped and good luck with the park.
Show some pictures if you get a chance.
Maybe join AtariCommunity if you haven't already, some of the best players post on there regularly. :)
Russell

Thanks trooper I new how to take screens just not how to get them up on here! With regards to doing a story park I was mainly looking for help with ideas as I have been building a lot of similar thing recently. Im not new to the game just new to CS :) I have posted this on Atari Forum aswell but people seem friendlier on here!

After thinking bout this more last night and your suggestions I'm definately going to lanscape the park before I install any rides. I think its almost certain to be the industrial theme for the first area but what about the first coaster?

EDIT : Actually Trooper I didnt know how to get rid of the toolbar so this was very helpful :D
Last edited by Russell on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since April 2008
neontrix

[quote=""Russell""][quote=""neontrix""]I Like It...

If you want[/quote]

Yes please :)

best site for CTR I found is http://www.dasmatze.de/rct/news.php

EDIT : the basic entrance and ticket booths are done - this is my first park with major CS so be nice! :) The rest of the park is flat desolate ground that the owner plans to shape as the park progresses. If I new how to put images up I would! :([/quote]

Yeah he does some amazing rides.
Ive sent it
"We are entertainers. The fact we use concrete and steel to do our entertaining, as apposed to a piece of Shakespearean text or whatever, is... is immaterial" - John Wardley, 1997
James

If you want to put images on the forum you can either just link them off with the URL or use this: [img]type%20url%20of%20image%20here[/img]

I don't really have any advice for you for a park as I'm not that great with RCT although I find that parks look better with landscape, I usually do the landscape as I go along.

Good luck with your park anyway :) .
Russell

OK heres the entrance and basic park overview foliage and lanscaping will be added as park progresses but will remain fairly flat.

Ok so it seems as though I will be heading down the Industrial root but what about the coaster and supporting rides?
Since April 2008
DiogoJ42

nice entrance dude.
Most flat rides work well with industrial themes. Somthing big and hardcore like a Giant Frisbee or Huss Jump could work well.

For a coaster I recomend a Tilt Coaster. I once did an industrial/post apocalyptic area in a park that was doomed to crash (I get that alot :roll: ) :roll: , which had a tilt coaster.
Use the lift, go as hig as you can on a hilltop, and dive into the ground Oblivion style.
Joe Koopa

Nice start to the park. For the industiral theme I recommend a tilting or a corkscrew coaster. :)

BTW, can anyone explain how to download the car's in the above website? Where do you put them?
mattbailey

If its this website:

[url=http://www.dasmatze.de/rct" target="_blank]http://www.dasmatze.de/rct[/url]

Then:
The new version 0.75 of the CTR Creator is released. I updated all the CTRs. They all have custom Icons, texts and descriptions so they are much easier to find. The new Creator version has also the ability to install the CTRs in the right place which might come in useful for you.
How do I install the files?
CSOs belong to the Style/Themed/ of your RCT3 directory. CTR-Cars needs to be in the Cars/CoasterCars/ and normal CTRs in Tracks/TrackedRides/ folder of the RCT3 directory. Parks belong to the Parks folder at my documents/RCT3/. In the same directory there are also the folders "Structures", "Coaster", "Peeps", "Fireworks", "FireworkEffects" und "Pools". In those folder comes (in the same order) buildings, tracks, peepgroups, fireworks, firework rockets and pools.
Joe Koopa

Thanks for that, but I don't seem to have a Cars folder in my RCT3 directory? :x