Pleasurewood Hills

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
amcmaster1

interesting to read about this park - i think i went to the park once but when i was like 5 so really cant remember anything about it.

are there any new additions this year or is it just the refurb of the log ride
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean
Khanage

Just the refurb for the log flume for 2009. I think next year they are hoping to add a new ride. I emailed the park and they said it depended on gate numbers for this year. What they did say is they would be going for a family type ride.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

amcmaster1

Thanks it will be interesting to see what they get next year.

Is there much space for expansion in the park or is it really quite small?
Khanage

The park is quite small but there is actually loads of room at the park and a lot of unused spaces with just grass. Pleasurewood Hills do have a lot of problems with planning permission due to there being houses so close which can cause problems when building a new ride.

A lot of people who have worked there seem to think the next ride will be a rapids type ride.

[url=http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 6&t=h&z=17" target="_blank]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 6&t=h&z=17[/url]

[url=http://www.multimap.com/s/WifCdZqG" target="_blank]http://www.multimap.com/s/WifCdZqG[/url]

These maps show the land around the park. Bear in mind that in the middle there now stands Wipeout. These photos are pretty old.

amcmaster1

Thanks for answering my question and for the links.

- i see what you mean the park seems very flat with a lot of open grass.

I think a rapids ride would be a great attraction there especially if they landscape it well. Ive added the unofficial site to my favorites so im gonna keep an eye on it.
Khanage

Some rumours are starting as to next year at Pleasurewood Hills.

Apparently there will be a long overdue overhaul of Enigma. Enigma has been running on one train for a few years now and the throughput is horrendous! At the moment it gets through about 120 people an hour! Hopefully this overhaul will mean the reintroduction of a second train. I would also expect this to include a rename and a retheme. (Thanks to Datman over at Unofficial Pleasurewood for this info)

As for new attractions at the park I have it from a park source that the park is looking to invest in a new ride next year but it all depends on gate figures for this year. All being well they said they would be looking towards a ride that can be enjoyed by the whole family. I personally would hope this to be a rapids ride in some form.

More park news as it comes.

AstroDan

120 an hour!?

That cannot be good on the queue!
Khanage

It's horrendous. When I went last year it was very quiet but we still ended up queueing for ages!

The RCDB page says it can run 1200 an hour. I wish! :x Hopefully they'll get it sorted for next year. It's not a bad coaster but at the moment it looks horrendous with weeds growing through the base and painted an awful red colour! Absolutely no theme whatsoever! It is however the only one of its kind in the world!
Last edited by Khanage on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bote

So the list everyone thinks for next season is done lol

A rapids ride with good landscaping and theming

And a revamp and additional train for Enigma

We'll have to see what they decide to do. I've not been yet but from what people have told me now is one of the best times to visit as they are starting to get their act together.
amcmaster1

Although ive not been to the park since i was like 5, from the pictures ive seen of it quite a lot of the rides seem fairgroundy as in temporary structures so a well landscaped rapids would be excellent.
Bote

Maybe that's what the new owners plan to do. Bring in newer more perminant flats and phase the old ones out.
amcmaster1

Yh that would be good - i really think that the park is quite underdeveloped as in its in quite a good location to become a more prominent park
Khanage

I went yesterday and the park has improved a lot. There are still a lot of fairground type rides as opposed to more permanent structures but the park are really making an effort with theming and the park is really neat and tidy now.

I emailed the park and they said they weren't 100% sure what they are going to be doing with Enigma, but from yesterday something definitely needs to be done with it. It is still only running one train and the throughput is still awful. There is also zero atmosphere down that end of the park.

Check out my trip report for pictures from yesterday in the trip reports section.

Bote

I might need to go for a visit some time. I've never been but have heard fairly good things about it. Or would you recomend to leave it a bit and see if anything new comes in 2010.
Khanage

I'd say go anyway. It's not 100% certain that a new attraction will arrive in 2010 and at the moment there is enough there for a really good day out. I would recommend to go for sure.

Anonymous

The idea of Rapids ride sounds really good for the park- hopefully (like they did with the amazing Wipeout) they will give it some good themeing and a good atmosphere! I really think Pleasurewood Hills are taking much more care of there rides and really putting in an effort with there new ones!
Khanage

Pleasurewood Hills have been putting a great amount of effort into their Halloween celebrations this year. Read the spooky tale below on Pleasurewood Hills official site:

Pleasurewood Halloween Part 1

Pleasurewood Halloween Part 2

The is also going to be a fireworks event on Saturday October 31st when the park is open until 6pm! :D
Last edited by Khanage on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WoodyBear

Some mysterious footage has been found on a video camera, abandoned by the railway line deep within the woods at Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park, Suffolk.

Two employees have recently gone missing and are feared dead...Something is seriously wrong.

The footage has been uploaded to YouTube [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]. Can anyone shed any light on what's going on? Locals fear the legendary murderer Stitch has returned...and believe he is after revenge...
Bote

Naturally when they say lanterns will be provided to guide you to the lake what they mean is. Health and saftey stress that a responsible adult (18+) can only use the safe tested electronic lanterns (A torch in a special case) as a means of fun. The path shall be flood lit and marked out with hazard tape, redering them useless. All guests must remain at least 50 metres from the lake (which will be fenced off) and 1 mile from the firework launch zone (which will have a 50 foot wall around it). For more info visit

[url=http://www.we'reabunchofbloodyspoilsports.co.uk/how_to_be_overly_safe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.we'reabunchofbloodyspoilsports.co.u ... verly_safe[/url]
WoodyBear

The radio ad can now be listened to on the spooked up homepage of [url=http://www.pleasurewoodhills.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.pleasurewoodhills.co.uk[/url]