Triple Ride Promise

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Anonymous

This was on the radio last week they were saying about getting a free ticket lol i still cant see how it works then again people arnt going to want to spend time riding Rita,Nemesis and oblivion 3 times just to proove that they can get on it 3 times if you get me lol? but if you do say you didnt manage to get on the 3 rides 3 times over i reckon they will come up with some excuse then again maybe not its a free ticket theres no skin of there nose maybe its only valid if you buy a full price ticket sorry i havent read the topice fully im gettig confused best shut up lol :|
slickmick

the staff in our area were confused about this in our brief the other day. basically, you have to post your tickets back to a certain address, with a letter explaining everything. Hardly anyone will do it, and alton towers will bear in mind gate figures and ride throughput and queuetimes - all of which are recorded every hour on the rides paperwork.
daboywunda

I noticed at Thorpe on Monday that they keep a record of how many guests have passed through the ride every hour. maybe Altons staff are doing the same too.

I can pretty confidently say that Alton won't make such a claim if it'll leave them out of pocket. It's a very clever campaign!
slickmick

Alton towers have always kept ride throughputs, its on the rides paper work, some poeople don't realise how much work operators have to do, its not just pressing buttons and having fun. A head count sheet is completed on every dispatch of most rides.