Under 1m, get in free!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
towersart

[quote=""-Danny-""]Nice idea.

However this may sound shallow, but what about disabled guest's?

They could be under 1m however still be abel to ride the main attractions.

Thanks[/quote]

If the guest was under 1m then they would get in free? Doesn't matter if they are disabled or not. If they were only 1m then they would not be able to ride the major attractions as they are all over 1.2m.
Shent

Took the words right out of my mouth :shock:

Team Oblivion scum :roll: only joking! :W
......The one and only... :sus:
towersart

:-? says you. . . Team Rita = S.H.I.T (Sat morn briefing joke)

No seriously, the encouragment for rivalry isn't doing any good.
MostMagicalCat

now my wife is pegnant, we are going on the 7th april/woo hoo

why does she pay, i sent an email to alton towers asking if they has any special rates for pregnancy, but they got back, quite rudly saying FULL PRICE

not that im a cheapskate but she cant ride anything, she`s always hungry so will be munching her way thro park, so they will get thier cash, even a reduced rate would be better.
its not like i can leave her in the car all day(not that i would), but surly, sent the same email to drayton manor and they are the same.
perhaps that puts off pregnant woman coming to the park, who may come if there was a reduced rate.
[
haydn!

Yeah I totally agree there, pregnant people are unable to ride the majority of Alton Tower's rides for health and safety. This goes for some disabled people. They get a discount, so why shoudn't pregnant people? Afterall, some women do compare the constraints of being pregnant as a tempary disability (That was not a sexest, demeaning comment btw).

I think the same should apply for the elderly. Do Alton offer an OAP rate? Afterall, there would be many a grandparent that may want to take thier grandchildren to Alton Towers but paying £30.00 to sit and watch your grandchildren have fun is bit of an hefty fine, and cuts deep into the pension. A reduced rate should apply here, as I think they would attract more elderly guests, those that would enjoy a stroll around the gardens or something?
towersart

Yes OAP's can get in at the same price as Disabled Guests - £14.75. Although my granny wouldn't pay that to walk around the gardens. It's still alot to ask for.
haydn!

Yeah, that still is alot. At the American Adventure it use to be £15.00 standard entry and about £2.99 for OAPs. We use to get them coming in for a stroll around the lake and a cup of coffee! lol
Anonymous

Thing is, most women can't really prove they're actually pregnant till around halfway through their pregnancy.

I agree though, they should have a reduced rate. But unless a woman is obviously pregnant, how can she prove it?
MostMagicalCat

Thing is, most women can't really prove they're actually pregnant till around halfway through their pregnancy.
you get pregnancy note from your doctor, or a letter from the midwife, that should do, mind you, one can use thier friends cards and fake it, hmmmmm, ah a document(like letter or doctor notes)produced with photo id, perhaps
[