Making Alton Towers A Resort

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Skumfidus

why a third hotel? why why why? ATH and SL are doing fine as they are, they don't need another sister to spread guests out, that would be pointless. AT won't need another hotel for a long time, but the area for a hotel could be used for park space. But there is a lot of space on park for other things, we don't need to eat into the car park just yet
james0507

i think it could only be a couple of years before a third hotel is needed alton towers is growing fast and the hotels are becoming more popular!
Skumfidus

growing fast! with all that space filled with hotels, the parks growing no-where!
james0507

it is, just think 10 years ago it was a small park attracting thousands of visitors each year now 10 years later its britans best torist attraction with millions of visitors per year.
steve

I've been visiting Alton Towers for years and only stayed in the hotel for the first time last year! I would certainly stay there again if the price was right! They need to cater for people without families as well as those with!
Redcoat Jase

It was still pretty big ten years ago, that is why they built the hotel?!? :?
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
steve

You also need to think about all the B&B's who will go out of business. It is the local community which will suffer!
Skumfidus

a group of people AT don't want to agitate more
Anonymous

Very much true. i think a thrid hotel is totally a bad idea until either the park has a new area with new rides. New flat rides are needed, A new water ride and maybe another coaster. however the park needs improving before another hotel is even thought about. Glad to say they are making the park better and better every year since 2004 :lol:
steve

I would agree that new ides especially flat ones are needed, but I still think a third hotel would take business away from the local community. Maybe they should open a 'budget' hotel where single people don't have to pay for a room that sleeps 4 people!
Crazy Mike

I understand that Alton Towers needs to imporve the theme park before resort. Thorpe Park has the advantage of lots of thrill flat rides, whilst Alton Towers has the advantage of more coasters. If Alton Towers can manage to get several new flats in the next few years, but not go over the top like Thorpe Park, then the park will be even more successful. I also understand that if any further hotels were created then the local B&B business will be badly affected. Yet I see no other way around the situation, if Alton Towers wants more profit they need more people at the resort, to get these people they need more attractions to really have the hotels be needed, yet then more people mean more hotels are needed. To grow, the resort will have to develop a lot further. Lots of people say the hotels are overpriced, yet this is because the resort has little going for it. A kids water park and spa which is not particularly family-friendly. If they were more options for a family, they would see the point of the hotels.