worlds best wet ride!

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
oneads

dudley do right, ripsaw falls, (IOA) whoo great ride! no the logs have not changed they still remain the same the drop has not changed as such there are still 2 drops its the bunny hop hill in the tunnel under the shack on the final drop that has slightly been decreased this is so that is does not throw passengers around as much. i did notice that i left the seat going over that great feature. but here is the great news people say its still the same, still fast, thrilling and wet-wet-wet! whoo get to ride it again at the end of may.
suzip

[quote=""Renegade""]On journey to atlantis im sure that second small drop got me more wet the the major one , it kinda like plunges deeper so lots of water flows in. Ripsaw falls, popeye river rapids and jorney to atlantis are amazing water rides, in england i would say Valhalla :)[/quote]

They've got that there on purpose i think so you dont expect it but yeah. you get absolutely drenched!
If Your Parents Never Had Children, Chances Are You Won\'t Either!!!
Rory

ive got to say popeye river rapids at IOA if you are going for laughter, because everyone gets absolutely drenched and its so funny watching a wave cascade right at someone.

I also think Jurassic Park (IOA) is very good and so is Journey to Atlantis, however im not sure about all the pre-drop stuff on JOA
Fantasmic

Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom) ALL the way for me!
AstroDan

You guys liking Journey to Atlantis, pfft. It's nothing compared to Poseidon :-D
Fantasmic

Poseidon in IOA ?
That is good, although not really a water ride lol
AstroDan

Poseidon at Europa Park!

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1891.htm

Mack's pride & joy water coaster!

2 lift hills, mega theming, ultra-cool.

Poseidon is one of my favourite ride experiences of all time - the station looks like the Acropolis for gods sake :shock: i don't know how to describe it, it is sensational: far more coaster track than Atlantis and the theming is even better.

I suggest you read the review: Coaster Kingdom give this ride 5 stars and the review can be found here:

http://www.s104638357.websitehome.co.uk ... n_main.htm
http://www.s104638357.websitehome.co.uk ... oughts.htm

The music is equally amazing. orchestral and wonderful.

10/10
Last edited by AstroDan on Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasmic

That looks fun, if a bit exposed !
AstroDan

Poseidon is ultra-amazing! In fact, they even built the station from real stone! SOrry to harp on, i'll shut up about it now :P
Anonymous

Best wet ride in the whole world? Ripsaw when Im operating it :P
Tom M

I have decided to change my vote, since riding Valhalla at BPB I have decided that no other water ride can beat it, even the ones I haven't ridden or haven't been built yet. Does anyone have a video of it because I want to ride it again and again!

Tom. :)
AstroDan

Even the ones you havent ridden?! :P How can you say Valhalla is better than rides you haven't ridden? :shock:

Although granted, when working, Valhalla is the UK's best water ride.
Matt 125

Mine has got to be the Jurrasic one at IOA. Can't remember name now but o well. . . closely followed by Hydro- haven't ridden it though since the restraints have been put in!

Matt :D
Anonymous

I really can't choose between three. Certainly all 3 are a quantum leap ahead of anything in the UK

1. Popeye's Bilge rat Barges, IOA. Best themed rapids ever. Never go through a carwash in a convertible!

2. Dudley Doright's Ripsaw Falls. Awesome theming. Best log drop of them all.

3.River Quest, Phantasialand, the Steroid filled Rapids oddyssey, all from a site as big as a shoebox.

I like Valhalla, butit is just too much of a compromise because all of the effects are never working. it's also a bad location due to it being grim up north, weatherwise.

I like Stormforce 10, Its certainly original but lacks rerideability.

I like Tidal Wave, but on a warm day, when a ride is needed, up comes the Tussauds 'stuff the punters, a 90 minute Q is perfectly acceptable'.

I can really name any other UK water ride worthy of any positive comment although I hope to be riding Hydro for the first time soon.
Tom M

[quote=""AstroDancer""]Even the ones you havent ridden?! :P How can you say Valhalla is better than rides you haven't ridden? :shock:

Although granted, when working, Valhalla is the UK's best water ride.[/quote]
I was joking about but you have to agree it is an amazing ride, you can really feel the heat from those fire explosions at the end! And the big viking head at the top of the lift, I think it's called 'The God' someone said, what does it actually say because it was very quiet when we went. And does anyone have any videos or photos of the inside of the ride?

Tom. :)