Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
timmy1372

Going to BPB for the first time in April (just after AT, should be a good week :D ) all looks and sounds pretty good so far, Lookin forward to Valhalla i like dark rides (rip BH). Roll on the new season 8)
haydn!

That new logo is hideous, much preferred the older one.
smeg_head

I give it a season before mr funshine returns. These 'trendy' corporate makeovers never seem to work. Look at Abby National's recent relaunch - a complete flop.
Redcoat Jase

You may already know this, or you may not, but Blackpool Pleasure Beach have this year decided to scrap smiley My Funshine for a rather dodgy looking logo.

CLICKY

Personally, I'm sad to see him go, but just like our beloved AT things change. :-(

What do you think?
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Anonymous

Absolute cr*p of a logo!

Funshine was practically a trademark for BPP and they've replaced it for something that looks like it was done by someone on Work Experience using paint!

Sunshine may be a little cheesy looking, but heck its a theme park! And that is just a poor replacement.
Williscroft

Although im sad to see Mr Funshire go i do actualy like the new logo, i think it looks rather smart and fresh and im glad the pleasure beach are going for a more snazzy look. The only thing i would of done different was have the dot as the Mr Funshine logo as it would of added a bit of detail and colour to it. :)
Nathan

I like the new logo as its clean, crisp and easy recogniasble. Anyway Mr Funshine wont be gone for good, there will always be some sign about showing his face and there moulded on the lamposts outside :D
Sazzle

I heard this ages ago - I would have posted it but I though it was already here :lol:.

Apparently they're having it as neon lights and stuff, so will look pretty ace when lit up.

Also its no longer Blackpool Pleasure Beach, its Pleasure Beach, Blackpool.

Doesn't have the same ring, I find. . .
Crofty

Its also the nations number one tourist attraction with over 6 million visitors last season :D

Don't like the new logo much although I didn't really like the old one either :P

:D :D
robbeal

To be fair, Mr Funshine wasn't really the logo, more of a mascot, and from what i've heard, may still pop up around the park. Its just that this is becoming the official logo.
james0507

although Mr Funshine was bad thats horrile. It looks to logoish (if thats a real word)
robbeal

Fortunate really, considering its a logo.
Jnewcombe

both logos look shoddy , i think they should stick with my funshine , cause its still plastered round the park anyway.

Jon
42% of Statistics are made up on the spot!
sammie04

I think both logos aren't brilliant but I much prefer Mr Funshine because its more of a trademark for Blackpool Pleasure Beach :) .
Redcoat Jase

Get it right Sammie! lmao - It's Pleasure Beach, Blackpool now! lol :D :P
Adam

You can see the new logo and new site online now. . . http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/

Reminds me of a simple version of Alton Towers' site.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Wes

The old Logo is TACKY with all Capitals, becuase it really is. It belongs with . . . . Dare I say it, Butlins :lol:

The new logo is very Modern and has been put into the shape of a . . . ! . . . Which is trying to set a statement and it really does.

Seems they are edging away from the rest of blackpool and getting with the Modern times.
Redcoat Jase

BUTLINS LOGO IS NOT TACKY! :evil: lol

There's loadsa tacky logos about, you only said Butlins because it winds me up! lol

I really don't like the new logo! - As someone quite rightly said, It's high graphics made with the latest MS Paint!
TenZero

I really hope for their sake they didnt get a graphics company to do that. A four year old could do that in paint! There old logo was so much better! Oh and crap website to go with that logo!
james0507

yeh, on the website it didnt even say the opening date! so i had to call up