Rollercoaster Restaurant

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
towerslover

Have booked a table at the new restaurant and I can definitely say I'm looking forwards to it! The sample menu on the website looks like it offers a wide range of dishes to keep a family satisfied, probably be at the top end of prices but I think it will be worth it!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Alton Towers posted this image on Instagram showing some of the Rollercoaster Restaurant dishes. They look quite appetising, although I can't imagine that dessert will look quite like that once it reaches your table. The loop pattern on the burger bun is also a nice touch.

Ryan.B

I want to see a lid fall off on the loop and someone's chicken dinner ending up on their head. Then I will be impressed :lol
NeoXIII

Ryan.B wrote:I want to see a lid fall off on the loop and someone's chicken dinner ending up on their head. Then I will be impressed :lol
If I remember correctly, the very first dishes in Europapark didn't quite make the loop and fell down...:D
In other news, just booked a table for June, really looking forward to go there!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There's a media preview for the Rollercoaster Restaurant today. Here are a few images from Towers' social media accounts.

Robert.H

Wow, that looks cool.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Birmingham Mail have published a fairly comprehensive article about their experience in the Rollercoaster Restaurant today. It does offer some insight into the pricing, with main meals cost £10 upwards (highlights that a Fillet Steak & Chips costs £25), while the kids meals come in a bit cheaper. This pricing fits with the Resort's intention for this to be their most premium dining option.

It does seem like it's going to be a (perhaps surprisingly) popular addition to the Resort, and it's nice to see some of the more geeky touches such as the ride plans and concepts that line the walls.
stevewollaston

Hi all.

If anyone wants to see a piece I wrote yesterday from the press event of the Rollercoaster Restaurant, they can here.
It's great fun and has some very good theming for enthusiasts, including images of original ride drawings and plans.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-o ... u-11279688
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's another nice review which also includes some more images of the restaurant's interior.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]
ShadowTD

A few pictures of the pathway from the FV side, courtesy of this obliging workman who was too 'busy' to notice me:

JonDoesTT

It looks amazing, can't wait to try it out and see it in action.

Credit to NemesisRider
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Towers have released a video of the winners of the Kids Tasting Panel experiencing the restaurant, which also features some more footage of the restaurant's interior. Judging by some of the reactions, I do think this is going to be a very successful investment for them.
Robert.H

This restaurant looks so cool can't wait.
Morgan

I will admit I wasn't too fussed about it until I saw this video. It looks really cool and unique.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

TwitCelebGossip have released the full menu with prices:

Owen

Considering that most reports are suggesting the food quality is quite standard to other Merlin restaurants, you have to question if the resort are getting a little steep with their prices. After experiencing the Crooked Spoon which is slightly cheaper, I can say that if the food quality is similar to that I wouldn't be satisfied personally. It may be a unique experience, however right now from my point of view it all seems a bit of a waste of money to eat here. On the other hand, I have not currently been here and so I will wait until I have at least tried something small here before posting full judgement. :)
JSMarsden

Booked a table for Sunday! Just hope its good, 2 of us going so hopefully they don't book us with a table full of kiddies! Its a shame that they only do tables of 5/6 as I hate wagamamas (sitting with randoms when I just want to eat!) But i suppose thats 1) the only real way of doing it 2) my own fault for treating the other half!
Liam.W

Have any of the people who have tried it so far mentioned the wait times (getting seated to finishing meal)?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

theparklifekid

I've just reserved a table in August! Can't wait to try it!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Aidan Lowe

Seems there is another preview tonight ahead of the Friday opening.

From about 3 minutes into this video you can see the walkway which people will use, lights on & audio playing.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc