Thorpe Park - SAW: The Ride

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ram737

Ah no, if Thorpe got a Flyer it would just be awful, just out of all the rides they could possibly build they choose the same as AT.

I would like to see a Stand-up or Floorless.
TenZero

[quote=""Ram737""]Ah no, if Thorpe got a Flyer it would just be awful, just out of all the rides they could possibly build they choose the same as AT.[/quote]

But most people down south don't go to Alton Towers and a lot of people up North don't come down here for Thorpe Park so it doesn't matter really. Some variety would be nice but a flyer would be excellent.
Sir John Talbot

[quote=""Mått""][quote=""Ram737""]Ah no, if Thorpe got a Flyer it would just be awful, just out of all the rides they could possibly build they choose the same as AT.[/quote]

But most people down south don't go to Alton Towers and a lot of people up North don't come down here for Thorpe Park so it doesn't matter really. Some variety would be nice but a flyer would be excellent.[/quote]

Thorpe getting a flyer just screams 'inferno' to me. It would be really nice to see some originality from Thorpe as, to me, they're cheating a little bit with their ideas. 2 very nearly clones, and one ride with heavy inspiration from another - and the trend looks to continue.

Thorpe could really pull off what other UK parks can't. I'd love a high Intamin mega/hyper/whatever type structure, or generally something Stealth attemtped, to bring the type of ride structures we see in America to the UK - a flyer just sounds like a cheap guarantee of a good ride, but it'd be nice for the park to stop playing 'safe and predictable' and take some risks that result in world-class rides, as opposed to done before copies.

Not saying a flyer would be bad. It'll quite obviously pawn Airs behind (which, as an AT fanboy, is a bad thing :P), but it's soooooo safe and just - ugh!
TenZero

[quote=""Sir John Talbot""][quote=""Mått""][quote=""Ram737""]Ah no, if Thorpe got a Flyer it would just be awful, just out of all the rides they could possibly build they choose the same as AT.[/quote]

But most people down south don't go to Alton Towers and a lot of people up North don't come down here for Thorpe Park so it doesn't matter really. Some variety would be nice but a flyer would be excellent.[/quote]

Thorpe getting a flyer just screams 'inferno' to me. It would be really nice to see some originality from Thorpe as, to me, they're cheating a little bit with their ideas. 2 very nearly clones, and one ride with heavy inspiration from another - and the trend looks to continue.
[/quote]

Stealth was planned way before Rita, if your implying that Stealth 'copied' Rita.
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""Sir John Talbot""]a flyer just sounds like a cheap guarantee of a good ride[/quote]

I wouldnt gaurantee that if you base that on Air :lol:

No flyer, hyper or twister :)

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Sir John Talbot

Stealth was planned way before Rita, if your implying that Stealth 'copied' Rita.
No, I realise this. If anything, Rita took 'inspiration' from Stealth especially theme wise. I was implying Stealth took heavy 'inspiration' from Xcelerator and Kingda Ka, using the same statistics and layouts as the latter two and using Xcelerators layout on all the formal plans given for planning consent.

Danza :P. But Air is one of the most popular roller coasters in this country and thus Thorpe could quite easily impliment this success via a massive shortcut of ideas. Very clever planning I must admit, but it's all a tad safe and doesn't show what Thorpe can do to become a special park, because it has so much potential. As I said, it screams 'Inferno' to me.
TenZero

Thing is though, why not? What's wrong with taking inspiration from another ride. Nemesis and Nemesis Inferno are both great rides, so what if they share the same first part of the name and they are both the same model? I like Nemesis, but I also like Inferno and I don't have a problem that they are similar.

The same goes for Stealth and Rita. I don't have a problem that they share the same bits of themeing and they are the same ride model. I like them both in their own different ways.
Matt 125

So am I right in saying that no final designs and plans have been chosen yet? Is it all just speculation still or are Thorpe just keeping it quiet??

Matt :D
Nick

A manufacturer and design is probably already though of and all planned out by now. Its just nobody apart from a select few will even know about it!
TenZero

I'm pretty sure everything has almost been finalised and all that's left to do is submit the plans to the local council. But this wont be for a while yet.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Planning permission will most likely go in towards the end of the year. Hopfully it will fly through the planning department nice and quickly.

Planning permission for the 2008 addition(s) will be submitted around the same time.

In addition, keep your eye out for other bits of planning permission other than rides. There is usually a few submitted a year.
TenZero

[quote=""Adz""]Planning permission will most likely go in towards the end of the year. Hopfully it will fly through the planning department nice and quickly.[/quote]

Haha! I hope it does :D
Nick

Yes Adz....just what are you trying to suggest! :rolls:
Danzaw*nk

Saw this land fill by the lake today. Tells ya Thorpe have decided what they want then! It's in motion!

Why the T? :?

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Sir John Talbot

Perhaps a denser part of the infill for purposes of foundations for this apparent flyer.

Stab in the dark...
iriderides101

What are the 2008 additions? anybody know?
I hope its not a flyer.
Something more original please
Ash

Well i dont think your hoping will help to be honest :D
Con

[quote=""iriderides101""]What are the 2008 additions?
[/quote]
I thought the Roller Coaster was put back until 2009.

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
Nick

Yes it has. Rumours of a flat ride though for 2008
Danzaw*nk

[quote=""iriderides101""]
I hope its not a flyer.
Something more original please[/quote]

What's wrong with it? Just because there is one at Alton? Oh yes definately copying. Considering if it was to be a flyer it's being built next to the lake and lots of trees - just think what you can do to make that original.

Just because it's the same model doesn't mean it won't be original :roll:. Nemesis Inferno is original IMO. Totally different track layout - fairly unique IMO. Stealth is original when you compare it to Rita, faster and different layout.

It's Tussauds so you're bound to find the same model at two different parks... Looks at Six Flags and Batman.

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3