Black Hole Finally Going

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ash

Hmmmm i know, i dont know wether It should go as its quite thrilling and the area is more family/thrill.
towersart

God, this forum is full of Bull!

daboywunda - No track has left the site as of yet, infact its still all in one piece! No crane has yet arrived on site.

As to the Submission op comment, "God, I can't wait till they have both arms working again" A) Why would you have heard the op say this in his cabin? B) Both sides do work, however we only tend to use one

Oblivions throughput is higher than any other in the park, hence why it normally has a shorter queue, however it totaly depends on which way the crowds move through the park. It is still very popular and is regarded as the 'Big Challange' by many guests.

Timmy152005 - As previously said, no track has yet left!

titler121
- Submission is not moving, whoever you've been listening to is a good lier.

Stop making things up, its stupid!
Ash

I wasnt saying it "IS" moving, just that its been considered as an option. Surely you in X-Sector would know that. And it came from a good source
Shent

Why would they move Submission, no point, its not in the way, it looks good in its current location, so whoever started that roumor is an idiot :lol:
......The one and only... :sus:
Nick

No track being removed from the tent today, just looked like they were removing the metal structure on the side of the tent facing the Oblivion tunnel exit.
daboywunda

if no crane has arrived on site, then what was that big blue thing that was at the back end of the black hole on monday?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Cherrypicker. :)
Nick

There was a cherry picker and what looked like some giant fork lift thingy. Haven't a clue on the real name for it :P
Anonymous

lol. The dome isnt being taken away. However the huge rectangle bit is. SO expect a huge whole lol. The dome is staying where it is.
smeg_head

I still don't understand what a cherrypicker is needed for on the removal. The purpose of a cherry picker is to elevate people to heights so they can do things like change bulbs, inspect things, clean things etc without needing loads of scaffolding. (One has previously been used by Oblivion to change bulbs on the drop.) Black Hole is a ride removal - which takes place withihn in a large tent. What is the cherry picker needed for externally?
Wes

Do they not need to Cherry Picker to remove the "huge rectangle bit", They wouldn't need to get a huge crane to do that really.

As for taking it down inside, surely a full sized crane wouldn't fit in, so I presume they'll be getting a smaller one in there?

Mugz x

:rock:
Ash

They can use it to dismantle the side of the tent. Also pieces of track.
scottjenkins

I think they need a new spin and spew ride. Think how amazing a Mondial Topscan would be in total darkness. Chuck it inside the tent, add some strobe lights and that would easily be the best dark ride ever!

MMMMM samurai in the dark >>>>>>>>>> heads for the kleenex
Phil

[quote=""titler121""]Couldnt say, It will be interesting to see what replaces it and how soon.

There has been talk of moving Submission to Forbidden Valley by the way. Which is why i mentioned it. Also wouldnt Enterprise be good on the Ug Swinger site?[/quote]

'Submission moving to FV' has been rumoured every year since it opened!

Enterprise would be good on the Ug-swinger site, but with ug-swinger recently being placed there and even altered so that it can fit there, i really don't think it will be moved. Enterprise has a bigger footprint and a bigger ceiling height so i doubt it could fit in that small area anyway. Especially with the close proximity of Rita and the sky-ride.
buggy

[quote=""smeg_head""]I still don't understand what a cherrypicker is needed for on the removal. The purpose of a cherry picker is to elevate people to heights so they can do things like change bulbs, inspect things, clean things etc without needing loads of scaffolding. (One has previously been used by Oblivion to change bulbs on the drop.) Black Hole is a ride removal - which takes place withihn in a large tent. What is the cherry picker needed for externally?[/quote]

contractors don't like using ladders much anymore, the little cherry pickers on wheels will be replacing the need for ladders and scaffolding to dismantle track i'd guess with it being taken out by a crane.
Adam

The Cherry Picker has been used to clean the tent. Its looking really nice at the moment, which i think proves its staying, why clean it otherwise.

Yesterday, the whole exit side of the tent (opposite oblivions tunnel) was open and peeled back, but i could see no work being done, i guess thats because it was the weekend.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Anonymous

[quote=""towersart""]God, this forum is full of Bull!

daboywunda - No track has left the site as of yet, infact its still all in one piece! No crane has yet arrived on site.

As to the Submission op comment, "God, I can't wait till they have both arms working again" A) Why would you have heard the op say this in his cabin? B) Both sides do work, however we only tend to use one

Oblivions throughput is higher than any other in the park, hence why it normally has a shorter queue, however it totaly depends on which way the crowds move through the park. It is still very popular and is regarded as the 'Big Challange' by many guests.

Timmy152005 - As previously said, no track has yet left!

titler121
- Submission is not moving, whoever you've been listening to is a good lier.

Stop making things up, its stupid![/quote]

OK Matt, can we tone down the aggressiveness, please - you may know everything, but a little more politeness may be needed towards those who perhaps think they know everything, but don't. We can't all be as knowledgeable as you. ;) But seriously, can you tone down the rudeness.
buggy

[quote=""Adäm""]The Cherry Picker has been used to clean the tent. Its looking really nice at the moment, which i think proves its staying, why clean it otherwise.

Yesterday, the whole exit side of the tent (opposite oblivions tunnel) was open and peeled back, but i could see no work being done, i guess thats because it was the weekend.[/quote]

They could just be cleaning it for it being sold, i'm sure they'd get more money for a clean tent than a dirty one :P

I think something more exciting could be done there instead of just walking by a big huge blue tent, not that i wouldn't like a dark ride on that space, but not in the current tent.
Sir John Talbot

Well, unfortunatley it's staying.

I also think a big blue tent is rather "Bultins" and not Tussauds aswell.
Ash

Oh no i like the tent where it is. I hope it does say and is used well.

I wonder if samurai would fit in there?

And Kaycee Matts not always right sorry to say! As my post was clearly not read as it said it was "Considered" on moving Submission not that it would! Oh well people should really pay more attention sometimes.