Thorpe Park Resort - The Future

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
nickhutson

I wish they'd provide a FREE bus between Thorpe and Chessington - and let you buy a one day two park ticket... I often do Thorpe on a quiet day in the morning, hop over to Chessington and enjoy my day a lot more there!  :lol:
Nick Hutson
Presenter - The Season Pass Podcast and Nick\'s Season Pass ERT
http://www.theseasonpasspodcast.com
Producer and Co-Presenter - MusicalTalk - The UK\'s Musical Theatre Podcast
http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk
DiogoJ42

:shock: Did you just seriously suggest M£rlin provide something for free???
Adz
Admin
Admin

Funnily enough in the original Tussauds plans for the hotel at Thorpe Park a bus running to Chessington is indeed mentioned.

If that is still the plan I can imagine it being free to hotel guests and with a small fee for regular day visitors.
John

DiogoJ42 wrote: :shock: Did you just seriously suggest M£rlin provide something for free???
Well, if they were to do a park hopper ticket you'd expect them to cover it in the ticket price.  I'd imagine anyone else (probably including AP holders) would have to pay.
BigAl

I wouldn't be too bothered about a fee for those that wouldn't be staying at the hotels as long as it's reasonable (i.e standard bus fare price). As we all know, Merlin aren't a charity but they would know themselves that people will opt for the cheapest mode of transport and if they could offer that then they wouldn't have a problem filling buses up of people travelling to and from the parks and hotels.

:)
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

So... I was goggling this rumored new attraction and came across this.

http://www.totalthorpepark.co.uk/featur ... warm.shtml

The website name 'Total Thorpe Park' shows reliability. The article's all about the Swarm but that's not relevant. However, note the Marketing picture at the start of the article under the sub-title ride concept.

Yeah, and remember Thorpe have done this before (SAW and SAW Alive)!
Last edited by Benjy Alton Towers Kid on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
dominoes

^Oh yeah, I see that. Hope it is a flat ride though. Hate mazes and stuff...
djtruefitt

I think Saw Alive shows that Thorpe wouldnt do another all year round maze attraction, if after only two years Saw alive is now closed till October. I suppose we could see another "sub terra" type attraction. By this I dont mean the same ride as Sub terra, but a ride that uses the brand and story.
SwEDEN

Ok, here's an idea, it may not be a very good idea, yet it's only an idea. I know the whole "Thorpe Park getting a top spin is unlikely because if they had wanted one they would of installed one years ago" topic is true to an extent. Yet with the arrival of the swarm, I could see them building a Talocan like Top Spin which partially covers the ride, with the remains of buildings that have been destroyed by the swarm, and underneath have a couple of vechicles and debree where the water shoots rise with the addition of fire effects, what does everyone think about this, could it work for Thorpe?
Dingerbell

I'm not denying it would be a good idea- because it would work- but it won't happen for a number of reasons:
Alton already have one (in Ripsaw)
Thorpe have quite a lot of similar "white knuckle" flats (such as Samurai, Vortex and Slammer- which are all fairly similar to a topscan)

Anyway, where would this go? There is not a lot of space.
SwEDEN

I saw a post a few days ago on Thorpe's Facebook page and it said Thorpe maybe considering going for a Gerstlauer Sky Fly like Air Meeting at Nigloland for there 2013 flat, do you think it will work?, is it intimidating and powerful enough to live up to the expectations of Thorpe's other flat's (i.e Slammer, Rush, Samurai)?
Dingerbell

It looks amazing... but it's way to similar to the top scan (Samurai) to be built imo. Maybe at AT  [-o<
Jiminy Cricket

SwEDEN wrote: I saw a post a few days ago on Thorpe's Facebook page and it said Thorpe maybe considering going for a Gerstlauer Sky Fly like Air Meeting at Nigloland for there 2013 flat, do you think it will work?, is it intimidating and powerful enough to live up to the expectations of Thorpe's other flat's (i.e Slammer, Rush, Samurai)?
They could place it on the swarm island and theme it as fighter jets attaching the swarm , would be pretty cool
SwEDEN

that's what I thought initially :cry: I love the fact that you can to some extent control your ride experience, I would love more rides where you are able to self control what happens, to be manufactured, they could, and probably will turn out to be a hit with the general public.  ;)
Dingerbell

That's why is should be built in the Dark Forest for 2014
Jiminy Cricket

when do you think we will see planning permission for the the 2013 ride?
SwEDEN

Do we have any knowledge on where the flat will be placed, and yes I have looked at the MTDP so I know all the possible locations, but are we sure the fence near nemesis inferno is the start of construction for a new flat, or what a lot of people are saying which is, it's just an extension to the shop. In vice versa do we know that the proposed flat for 2013 will be located on, or behind the The Swarm's island?
Dingerbell

The may be two flats (mentioned above), one thrilling one family friendly. Although this would probably not happen.
SwEDEN

I would rater have a very well themed, well reliable, and good flat ride then have 2 flats, with no theme, and that are generally boring.
Dingerbell

I think M£rlin disagrees with you :|

... Unfortunately