Quick Questions 2008

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Justtracy

:wave: Thank you so very very much. I have been watching for you being on line. I just knew you could sort me out :D
Tom M

Anybody know of any Hotel promotional offers anywhere at the moment? I remember seeing some 50% off rooms not long ago, anymore about?
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

When do the park fully open in 2009?
NF2

Well, according to the recorded announcement when you call the park, March 28th, which is a Saturday as usual, however it has been speculated that it will open the previous Sunday, nobody is actually sure :lol:

Oh yeah, and selected rides open during Feb half term, however it isn't all the rides, Air and Rita are closed but Nemmy and Blivvy are on :D
Thom

[quote=""Tom""]Anybody know of any Hotel promotional offers anywhere at the moment? I remember seeing some 50% off rooms not long ago, anymore about?[/quote]

I think the Woolworth's 50% off lasts until the end of November. Enter 'wool' on the website.
Problem is you'll have to try and find the actual voucher for it though since they often ask for it at check-in.

Thom...
Khanage

Ok quick question, more of a general wonderment really... Me and my mate were talking today and the question arose of how much it was cost to run a theme park per day - you know taking into account staff, electricity etc etc? I would imagine coater are pretty power hungry...
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

SAM93

sorry to bother you all, but I was wondering where I can download the full Mutiny Bay theme? thanks.
NF2

It isn't currently online at the minute unfortunately for download, this recording via youtube is the best i can think of :(

[url=" target="_blank][/url]
SAM93

Aw well, thanks anyway. I will stick with the short version for now.
Crazy"Alton"F

Will there be a closed season page this year? Thanks.
AstroDan

I am sure there will be. However, it is still very early. I was going go take pictures today, but my batteries died. Of course, anyone popping up to AT and able to get any images, I am sure Squiggs would be grateful!

:)
badger

I'll try on Tuesday, but it will be dark when I'm there.
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

a silly one

I am going to the ath on 2nd/3rd April my AP runs out on the 15th of march if I book now will I be able to get 20% discount?

Will I need to phone to get the discount?

And when is the Skyride due to open?
Tom M

How much is Flambos these days? And does the price go down during closed season?
Coke

alex tyler:
You will be able to claim the discount and you can only claim it over the phone.
Tom:
Flambos is around £16 excluding Annual Pass discount. I don't think there is a price drop though.

Are you thirsty?
AstroDan

[quote=""Tom""]How much is Flambos these days? And does the price go down during closed season?[/quote]

£16.95 is the standard rate. I doubt it will go down as Coke says... the price has actually already gone down somewhat since 2006/7. Beware that Flambo's does not open on quiet periods.

:)
ShadowTD

Are winter weekends still happening? I'm passing on the way back from my olds tomorrow and I fancy some adrenaline!
Chris W

[quote=""ShadowTD""]Are winter weekends still happening? I'm passing on the way back from my olds tomorrow and I fancy some adrenaline![/quote]

The park is closed. There are the Bouncing Bugs and Carousel in the hotel grounds, they don't give out much of an adrenaline rush though.
Tom M

Annual Pass discount at Flambos, can I use my discount on my friends aswell or is the discount only for people with passes? :?
Coke

Just show them your pass and they SHOULD just take the 20% off the whole group's buffet price.

Are you thirsty?