Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Tom_Skeleton

I know that this may be a bit of topic and a bit of an odd post but what exactly is Open Source is it a shower gel of some description or another bathroom product.

I do hope that this doesn't ruin the ride but still if it brings the magical effects back then I'm happy :D

:W
BlackHole2006

Hopefully they wont go too OTT Like they did on the flume at AT!
This is my dignature. For now.........
towersart

[quote=""Sarcasm""]What exactly is Open Source is it a shower gel of some description or another bathroom product. [/quote]

Original Source is produced by Cussons (Imperial Leather people). They currently produce bathroom products such as shampoo, shower gel, soaps and roll on's. The products are great, I have a bunch of them. They currently stock there items in the hotels at Alton Towers.

Visit there Website here.
Tom_Skeleton

Thank you Towersart, I have heard of them and like you mots of my bathroom is plastered in the stuff :lol:

I can't see this working. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that Tidal Wave was in Amity Cove and Amity Cove was themed around a natural Disasters area. This isn't going to fit in oddly.

I don't mind sponsored rides peronally, but why does the ride all of sudden need sponsorship.

:W
Queen of Speed

How do you know its not going to fit? The ride isn't being themed around it!

For all we know, all it is could be a few "Amity style" advertisments around the area, much like the 'Tame that mame' fake stuff at Stealth.
TenZero

[quote=""Sarcasm""]
I can't see this working. Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought that Tidal Wave was in Amity Cove and Amity Cove was themed around a natural Disasters area. This isn't going to fit in oddly.
[/quote]

I think the idea is, that a sponser for the ride will be a disaster therefore fitting with the theme. In the year 2020 the whole of Thorpe, Alton and CWoA will have themed rides.
Last edited by TenZero on Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjw

I think you should wait until you've seen it or at least got any idea of what they are doing before doing "OMG I HAYTE SPONSERSHIP ITZ GAY!" signitures.

Original Source have based their advertising on the product around destructive weather and nature. http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=14898

Other than a few logos around the ride area, i don't think it'll be anything major.

What would you rather have? Tidal wave-ducked up by imperiall leather?
lol none lol i predicted your reply before you even said it
Anonymous

I hope that this doesn't mean that Tidal Wave's water is now going to sting your [censored by Original Source] to high heaven like their mint, lemon and lime shower gels.

Ouch!
Cjw

To be fair, it's only the mint that burns you :P

The lemon one almost makes me want to eat it if i didn't want to choke into a bubbly death.
nasha

Greetings and Welcome to you spanking new Thorpe Park General Discussion thread - umm- OK - it's actually just all the random small TP topics merged into some sort of uber topic: anyhoo, please generally discuss Thorpe Park here!

For Stealth Discussion Please click here!
Hello ppl,
           Dont get me wrong I love Thorpe Park(not as much as A.T) and I cant wait till open day to ride stealth but are tussauds gonna extend the park coz by lunch time I have been on all the rides more than once and even though Stealth looks amazing when you are on it you are looking right up Tidal waves bum?
:roll:  :!:  :?:  :idea:
Adz
Admin
Admin

Hmm.

Yes they plan to extend the park onto the lakes in the future.

Can you please check your spelling and grammar? oh and also text language is not really wanted on this forum. thanks.
nasha

Thanks Adz for that advice
Anonymous

What do you expect, it's an old quarry near London. This isn't a statley home we're talking about. For it's size, they've managed quite well.
Kaz

Thorpe park is alot bigger than you think. They have only used around 30% of the land they own. Ill try and dig out some blueprints.
Mattmills

They could extend, but to be honest the park is a perfect size as it is, it would be a lot bigger if they had filled in all the gravel pits but as that would have taken too much time it was quicker to flood the area. In my opinion the lakes add to the scenery of Thorpe and it makes the area feel seperate and peaceful.
Anonymous

I like it how Thorpe is. It is small and compact which means for families with small/young children, there are not too many places their children can get lost in. The theming works great with the small area of which Thorpe have actually used. My mum likes it because there is not alot of walking to do to access the rides (she has a bad knee).

I think Thorpe have done exceedingly well considering it's size and the amount of flats and coasters they have managed to fit in there. Colossus takes up alot of room and it's great how they have built it to sail over the paths. NI, it's terrific how they have made the track so close together which i feel adds to the thrill. Stealth, unfortunately they had to remove a favourite but still, they have room still in Amity Cove now for another ride. We may see Flying Fish again :D!

Thorpe is not too small. Alton Towers is 500 acres, this has it's pros and cons and TP is very small (of the land they have used) which also has pros and cons.

At the moment, Thorpe is fine. Anyway, they will start filling in the lake sometime in the next year to make some room for a new coaster in 2008 :D.
james0507

well it is big most theme parks arnt even that size, you only think that because alton towers is huge!
davidredge

Does anyone know where i can get discounted thorpe tickets before monday?
themeparkfreak

I was thinking exactly the same thing,not before Monday though, I need to ride Stealth(even though it dosent look that amazing, Ive still got to ride it.)
HighExtreme

Lastminute.com

Thorpe £19.95 - book before March 31st (to visit anytime during 2006)

Chessington £10 (for visits until March 31st) £15 for visits after April 1st

Select, Days Out and Theme Parks - offers for Legoland, Alton Towers, Camelot, Drayton Manor and Lightwater Valley also