Black Hole Finally Going

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ash

Oh guys just so you know this will take just 6 weeks to remove :D
daboywunda

Can confirm that the Black Hole is indeed leaving the site as the first bits of it were coming out today.

Seems that the much talked about Re-Generation of X-Sector is about to happen too as some of the Oblivion cars have been repainted and some of the Logo's have returned in a major bright orange. There's also been some cleaning up going on around that area. AND even more hot goss. heard one of the ride ops on Submission say today "God, I can't wait till they have both arms working again" -> 25 min Q today caused by one arm opperation. so maybe it's not as unpopular as people may think!

Ooh, I also saw some suits milling around the pits of Oblivion pointing at the water jets and making notes. but these may have just been a day trip

It would also seem that the re-installation of Submissions both arms & small bits of paintwork is gearing up for either a relocation to another part of the park, or some kind of increased interest in the area (ie new ride / clean-up / re-generation) which may require a higher thru-put (remember when they re-painted corky & increased the Q lines for Rita's "launch" last year. increaced capacity for an increased popularity)

Still, I would like to re-itterate that these are just things I noticed today and I may well be reading too much into it. but it may look good for X-Sector for 2007 if it all adds together.
oldgitBEN

Actually mentioning submission last time I went it was the back arm in operation which I havent seen used since last season!

I'm gonna be on park Wednesday and I would love to see a piece of BH removed, id find it very symbolic, like when I saw a piece of rita lowered into position - plus Ive always loved black hole.

Dont panic I'll have my camera!
Williscroft

It's all sounding very promissing for X-Sector in 2007 then, and even if there's nothing new at least the place will look nice a fresh, hopefuly Oblivion will finaly get its re-paint.

Also i think it was the Charlie open day, i was in X-Sector with i think it was Craig, Ant etc and Submission was using both arms, only one will people in it though, looked so much better than the one arm operation. :)
oldgitBEN

ive always said with both arms it looks so much better and will bring a decent crowd in.
Ash

True,

I think the ride would suit the blade site perfectly!

It would be good if it was able to spray water aswell! When your held upside down. Perhaps move the ones from ripsaw? Always a possibility and make Ripsaw last a little longer, however on a side note Techies dont think its the water causing problems!?

Anyway yes Submission would suit Forbidden Valley much better in the Blade location. And walking in the other day i thought. Theres one hell of a big gap in the middle of FV with no fastrack and no Nemmie Nosh if you removed blade. Theres a huge strip of un used land down the middle!

You could even put 2 flats there!
ShadowTD

I knew there was something I'd forgotten about last Tuesday's trip. I nearly fell over when I say the Oblivion logo on the front of one of the cars. Mist was on as well.
oldgitBEN

Ive thought the space is quite big before titler but with 2 big coasters there already you could be cramming too much into one area and too many guests.

Also adding fountains, that takes away Ripsaws main draw - 2 quite similar rides with similar effects together could be damaging to both.

I dont think Submission will ever bring the crowds energiser did, but its a small footprint and when working right looks brilliant in x-sector, very modern and clinical, i strugle to see it fitting with FV - just my view tho.
daboywunda

Yeh, I agree. leave Submission where it is.

But agreed on the fact that 2007 looks like a promising year for the X-Sector. and given the location, could they be keeping what's happenning in there a secret? Maybe it is a new flat. I like to believe that over there being nothing new for 2007. I dont think that this is a feasable move for a park that's looking to change it's image.

I also think that if Submission used both arms all the time, it looks better and so will pull crowds. but if it looks crap then people will avoid it. just think about how Enterprise still pull the crowds.

Also, for the first time EVER, I saw Blade with a Q yesterday (and a Q of more than one cycle) and for the first time in an absolute age, I saw Oblivion with a 45 min Q and Nemesis with just 25 (so for a time Oblivion's Q was longer than Nemesis. until they openned the extended Q of Nemesis) So those that have said that X-Sector is dead are talking complete rubbish. there were more people there than were in FV yesterday.

The mist of Oblivion was on. but seemed to be having problems as some-times it was misty, and others it was just water.

What has been done in X-sector does look good and helps to bring the magic back to the area. and only realised late last nite that our foto is when we were on the car that has had it's logo re-painted.

So yes, a repain for 2007 may be on the cards as this year it's looking as grey as ever.
Coasterboy

This is my first time on the forum, But i agree with daboywunda, I have never been a big fan of submission, but it is the right place for the theme. The last time i went to the park on a sunday, many of the Q were only 5 min long, but by lunch and later on the q's were getting longer, Can the fastpass system which was working on the black hole work on oblivion as well. For the Black hole area can the park put in a new dark launch coaster please, not a tower
ashayling

Welcome to the forum Coasterboy!
Can the fastpass system which was working on the black hole work on oblivion as well.
Unfortunatley, the fastpass system is now obsolete on all rides and the only similar system in use is to purchase a shortcut ticket for priority passes on some of the rides.
Shortcut

Shortcut is a pay extra priority access pass which you can use on Nemesis, Air, Oblivion and The Flume. Shortcut pass allows one ride on each ride without queuing, you can get your pass from guest services for £7. Alternatively, if you book online, you can buy a shortcut pass with your park ticket for a combined price of £30 for adults or £23 for children. Passes are very limited so get your Shortcut pass first thing in the morning or advance book
Also I think you can pay a tenner and go on Rita as well.

Regards,
Ash.
ShadowTD

ISTR Mr Burton or someone else informed me that because The Testiculator (sorry, Submission) is so badly designed it uses twice as much power again to run both arms! (if that makes sense)
oldgitBEN

Id have thought that with two arms, ie the double of one - the ride would use double power :D :lol:
daboywunda

true. u expect it to be that way when running twice as much!

I spose that with a shorter Q, it's better to run 1 arm, but looks better with 2!

And it's £3 for the Rita "fast-track" ticket. but can only be purchased with the Shortcut ticket as an add-on and not seperately. And works just like a fast-track ticket in the sense that you buy a "time" to ride Rita. unlike the Shortcut tickets that you can use when-ever you want.
Nick

Best to get back on topic :roll:

Has anybody seen track being removed from the tent? Have they had to disassemble one side of the tent to remove it!?
daboywunda

no, they seem to be taking it out of the exit of the tent. i head drills and stuff the other day, so dismantling is on going. but as yet, no track emerging. The area is cornered off and there was a crane there too.
Anonymous

I got a lift to rita yesturday for the staff party which meant goin behind black hole. And yes the track is being removed from the back exit where there are lots of fences up saying hard hat area. I belive half the track is already in the oceane to mexico and the rest is due to go later this week early next week. :(
Lauren

With the money of black hole , i wonder if they will spend it on a new ride. Or just improvements? Anyone know how much it was sold for?
Ash

Couldnt say, It will be interesting to see what replaces it and how soon.

There has been talk of moving Submission to Forbidden Valley by the way. Which is why i mentioned it. Also wouldnt Enterprise be good on the Ug Swinger site?
Matt 125

There has been talk of moving Submission to Forbidden Valley by the way. Which is why i mentioned it. Also wouldnt Enterprise be good on the Ug Swinger site?
Ooooh, anyways! Yes Enterprise could probably fit in the Ug Swinger site but I would prefer it to stay where it is. I mean Ug Swingers is perfect there, just swooping past Rita every now and again!

Sad to hear that BH is almost in Mexico :(

Matt :(