Did you know

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
mozza99

ok im a dumass i noe n i was havin a laff ppl i hav swear jar n we cant say gay sometimes thts how strict thy r lol but cargo ships to alton towers i shuda thort of tht :oops: #-o >feels like idiot
loop_the_loop

i was really upset about the removal of TL from AT since the year i was actually able to ride it i.e. over the height it was taken away .....but got on one at Walibi in Belgium instead - was told it was just as good!!
.........Chance favours the prepared mind..........
mozza99

i didnt get a chance to ride *$%& ](*,)
Satch

[quote=""mozza99""]ok im a dumass i noe n i was havin a laff ppl i hav swear jar n we cant say gay sometimes thts how strict thy r lol but cargo ships to alton towers i shuda thort of tht :oops: #-o >feels like idiot[/quote]

Could you refrain from text language please? It took three takes to understand what you wrote, and I'm still not sure!:lol:
mozza99

do u play online games @ all? :shock: :?: ill explain shall i? noe= know ppl=people =thts thats thy=they shuda=shoulda thort=thought tht=that hows that blimy tht took alot of doin didnt it :| o yea u= you
Anonymous

lol Mitchells got a mate!
tweenies_fan

do u play online games @ all?
NO
Satch

[quote=""mozza99""]do u play online games @ all? :shock: :?: ill explain shall i? noe= know ppl=people =thts thats thy=they shuda=shoulda thort=thought tht=that hows that blimy tht took alot of doin didnt it :| o yea u= you[/quote]

Erm no, I dont see the need to, and theres no need for the patronising explaination. I know exactly where you can shove it. But if we all have to spend ages de-crytping your messages, or being rude like that, you wont be welcome
mozza99

sorry im just soooo used to using that kinda style of writing i sorry if i hurt anybodys feelings funny its only this forum that i get mowed down lol has anybody got any picks of tl tht i cn c?
tallest_of_pauls
Location: Holding A Vigil Where The Thunderlooper Used To Be!

Please read THIS, you should read Guideline Point 1 several times I think.

Anyway, back on subject...
mozza99

Guideline Point 1
Please do not type in Text Language, please type the full word.
ya sorry but anyway to what i said before i got some picktures from google but im not sure if they are the thunder looper and funnily it came up with nemie and all http://www.themeparkreview.com/alton/alton.htm is that really tl at the bottom?
tallest_of_pauls
Location: Holding A Vigil Where The Thunderlooper Used To Be!

Yep,

See Here for other pictures.
mozza99

cool well i suppose it should have bin moved then such a shame though is it still used?
Xx Rita xX
Location: In front of my computer, though I wish I was on AIR !

Yes, was moved to Hopi Hari in Brazil, where it is now called "Katapul" :)
wez0s

To be honest i cant see why they didnt either move it or dig a long pit a few meters deep and bury it!
:D
I Am 32 And Three Quarters Years Old And I Work In A Condom Packaging Factory In East Iraq And I Handle The Lube!
Lets Rais Baby Monkeys Together
Phil

[quote=""wez0s""]To be honest i cant see why they didnt either move it or dig a long pit a few meters deep and bury it![/quote]

it was mainly down to the noise, however the height was also a side problem. Apparantly (i still don't beleive it...) the cows were giving birth at the wrong time of year??!!

Anyway, a big ditch would have hidden the sight, and reduced the noise, but it would have had to been bloody big!
smeg_head

[quote=""Satch""]
Satch you crack me up!
Well, I do try :D

Could we be seeing the same with the black hole? A pile of old Jet Star metal piled up by the spag junction, with a cardboard sign and a dog?[/quote]

"Will give rides for food"
Satch

Lol, replace "food" for "money" and we could see a new slogan for Rita here, when she ends up on the old street corner of retirement
Bailey

i remember only going on the Thunder Looper once and thats all i ever went on it before it was removed. Oh i wish it was brought back :(
blobalbob

Tussauds have never bettered the experience of Thunder Looper - It was simple, fast and totally unpredictable. You truly thought your were going to shoot off the end of the tower sonetimes. There was no 'safety' computer, block brakes etc - it was all done on physics. Nemesis, Air pah - this was a real ride - a shame it was kicked out by the do good local council.
Parks Visited in 2006
None - I hate winter!

Best Park - Cedar Point for Rides, Hershey for brainwashing!, Best Coaster - Storm Runner, Best Rocket - Storm Runner. TTD or KK - Top Thrill Dragster (5 hour queue for Kingda Pa!), Best Inverted - Nemesis AT (By a long shot) Best Dark Ride - Valhalla, Best Themeing - Amity Cove, Worst Park - 6fGA (what a rip off!),