Congo River Rapids - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Swarm Chris

The ride page for Congo River Rapids on the new app highlights the waterfalls being part of the ride. Can anyone remember whether this is the same image and description as used last year? For such a short description, it's strange to talk about something the ride hasn't had for a few seasons.

Htjc_

I imagine by waterfalls they mean the slight drops that all rapids rides have. They were probably trying to make it sound better than it is with marketing. Merlin aren't afraid to big things up with marketing...*cough* Th13teen :lol
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!
ProfBurp

It would be great to see the waterfalls back working again, not the same without them and certainly not visually appealing when you go through that section of the ride either. Fingers crossed perhaps they may have a comeback this season. But as mentioned Merlin do like to market things better than they actually are!
Piplup2003

Quick question, is there still a rule that you have to be with an adult if you're under a certain age?
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.
ROYJESS

Piplup2003 wrote:Quick question, is there still a rule that you have to be with an adult if you're under a certain age?
The age restriction was only enforced during the school trip season just before the summer
The following taken from Alton's website, 

Can you ride?

You must be at least 0.9 metres tall to ride The Congo River Rapids. Riders between 0.9m - 1.1m must ride with an adult (16+)
rcopus

Went on the rapids a couple of days ago, how depressing and boring they have become.
It was a really hot day and everyone was coming off bone dry.

There are no ‘wave machines’ or whatever they’re called running, no waterfalls, no jets, no nothing!
I used to love this when I was younger but can’t say my six year old would feel the same as I did with how it’s run now.

It’s an embarrassment, felt like I was in some soviet abandoned theme park :lol:
To call the rapids a shadow of their former-self would be paying them a complement!
SilverBullet

rcopus wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:05 pm Went on the rapids a couple of days ago, how depressing and boring they have become.
It was a really hot day and everyone was coming off bone dry.

There are no ‘wave machines’ or whatever they’re called running, no waterfalls, no jets, no nothing!
I used to love this when I was younger but can’t say my six year old would feel the same as I did with how it’s run now.

It’s an embarrassment, felt like I was in some soviet abandoned theme park :lol:
To call the rapids a shadow of their former-self would be paying them a complement!
I completely agree. It literally may as well not run without the waterfalls imo.