The Future of Oblivion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Coaster Chall

cookiee_munster wrote:Hearing the rumour of Nemesis getting an overhaul/re-track I'd love to see the possibility of Oblivion receive the same attention in a few years’ time, BUT... just after the tunnel, I’d love it if they added a new element like a barrel roll or something.

Back in its day, the whole world’s first vertical drop element was pretty special, now it seems to be a pretty standard thing for most rollercoasters (smiler has that vertical lift hill) it’d be nice to see Oblivion receive something extra.
Agreed! I reckon Oblivion will be next in line after Nemesis! A new inversion, along with a preshow in the queue line, new updated storyline, new trains, new updated soundtrack and new paintwork, along with some track modifications and replacements.
Ben-

A storyline is must for me. There is room to make it a bit longer too. People would say its a waste, but the more feelings and hype before the ride the scarier the better tile be.
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
Coaster Chall

Absolutely agree! I wanna see either the guy from the queue videos return or some new people come in as part of a new extended storyline based on the Don't Look Down Group that helps the main guy manipulate the public and capture them for the Oblivion experience.
cookiee_munster

Coaster Chall wrote:Absolutely agree! I wanna see either the guy from the queue videos return or some new people come in as part of a new extended storyline based on the Don't Look Down Group that helps the main guy manipulate the public and capture them for the Oblivion experience.
i've not been to the park in such a long time, but hearing that the guy from the Oblivion queline video has been removed is absolutely shambolic.
Storyline is key to any themed attraction. It's pretty much the first thing you begin with and build from there. It's what has set Alton Towers apart from your bog standard amusement park.
Chris
Admin
Admin

He was very much on the TV in the queue line building the last time I rode in October!
cookiee_munster

The speakers that had "Don't Look Down" played just at the drop, we're they removed because they were considered too loud? Or was it the fact that they were seemed to incite screaming just before the drop? Or both?
Chris
Admin
Admin

Both - the sound could be heard from well outside the park.
cookiee_munster

Chris wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:10 pm Both - the sound could be heard from well outside the park.
damn... could they not just turn the sound down and gag all potential screamers? :p :lol:
smeg_head

From watching the John Wardley panel at TT20 it's clear that Alton will now be discussing Oblivion's future. I suspect it won't hold the same hallowed status as Nemesis so, could we see a new ride or reprofiled Oblivion in the next decade?
Chris
Admin
Admin

It's a very big and expensive hole to fill if they did want to remove it! New floorless trains, and maybe a reverse row on the back could enhance the experience and be marketable, IMO.
ArchiprntUK

smeg_head wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:44 pm From watching the John Wardley panel at TT20 it's clear that Alton will now be discussing Oblivion's future. I suspect it won't hold the same hallowed status as Nemesis so, could we see a new ride or reprofiled Oblivion in the next decade?
I could see them lengthening the track if they have the space to do so! Oblivion is great but compared to the likes of Sheikra and such it needs some love!
Alton Towers theme park prints:
http://www.archiprnt.com

Sale now on!
Prints are cheapest on our website, but you will also find us on Etsy and EBay.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ArchiPrnt