Alton Towers Resort - Music and Videos

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
The_Smiler

Hello!

Recently, Ive found some unused music from The Smiler, and was wondering if anyone has an extended version?

It can be found here : )

Jack wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:00 pm No, that isn't the full one, and yes, the one he is on about is the full area music, only one that I can find is a bad quality recording.

The one he was on about is a lot longer, we all know that this was released but the full one (the area music) probably won't be released :(
I may be a tad bit late to this thread, but Ive seen it floating around
Last edited by Dan on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
HeidiCoaster

Sorry if this has been addressed before (I'm new) but i'm wondering whether there is any Towers audios available through spotify? Or similar apps/websites? I've not been able to find them online other than youtube
Chris_c_4
Team
Team

HeidiCoaster wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:43 am Sorry if this has been addressed before (I'm new) but i'm wondering whether there is any Towers audios available through spotify? Or similar apps/websites? I've not been able to find them online other than youtube
Unfortunately, the Alton Towers audio isn't available on Spotify/music streaming services :(

Some of the older music is available to buy from the composers here:
GreenFlower9106 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:21 pm
faust wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:58 am does anybody have some decent quality files of the music for air, nemesis, thirteen or rita? the only ones i could find are from videos uploaded onto youtube
ian habgood (composer for air) is selling a album of his music for tussauds on his website it includes air https://www.habgoodmusic.com/purchase-music

also graham smart is selling his music for tussauds on his bandcamp which includes nemesis
https://graham-smart.bandcamp.com/track ... s-abridged

happy listening!

bill
Other than that, the IMAScore CD which they sold on-park or on IMAScore's website last season is pretty good - although it's a shame they haven't put it on streaming services yet :)
HeidiCoaster

Chris_c_4 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 pm
HeidiCoaster wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:43 am Sorry if this has been addressed before (I'm new) but i'm wondering whether there is any Towers audios available through spotify? Or similar apps/websites? I've not been able to find them online other than youtube
Unfortunately, the Alton Towers audio isn't available on Spotify/music streaming services :(

Some of the older music is available to buy from the composers here:
GreenFlower9106 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:21 pm
faust wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:58 am does anybody have some decent quality files of the music for air, nemesis, thirteen or rita? the only ones i could find are from videos uploaded onto youtube
ian habgood (composer for air) is selling a album of his music for tussauds on his website it includes air https://www.habgoodmusic.com/purchase-music

also graham smart is selling his music for tussauds on his bandcamp which includes nemesis
https://graham-smart.bandcamp.com/track ... s-abridged

happy listening!

bill
Thank you for the response! It is a shame they aren't available on streaming services :(
LoopinLiam

Hey, I'm attempting to create an Alton Towers Media collection, and I am aware that TowersTimes used to have a Media section with some rare stuff. I've tried to get the files via the Wayback Machine and Internet Archive, but they weren't saved. Could anyone who happens to still have the files please share them? For reference these are the files I need:
1. Doom & Sons Speech
2. Doom & Son's Effects
Looping Liam/Theme Park Goose
4rchman155

The_Smiler wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:03 pm Hello!

Recently, Ive found some unused music from The Smiler, and was wondering if anyone has an extended version?

It can be found here : )

This is an old soundtrack composed by IMAscore and it was one of the first revisions of the smiler. It's likely the full version of this soundtrack no longer exists and the only evidence to it existing is from 1 video Matmi (developer of The Smiler The Game) posted, and a small section of what sounds like the same one which plays for about a second in the games splash screen. Any other ones like this on youtube including your linked video is recorded directly from the first video I said.

IMAscore obviously wasn't willing to just hand it to me when I emailed them last year but if anyone still has the soundtrack it will be IMAscore, it just depends on how extensive their backups and systems are. I would have also said Matmi might have them but they moved into a new office in June and its likely they didn't bring old resources from a 2013 forgotten game with them to the new studio.

Even if they did, there is no way to contact them as they do not reply if you email them about this. I don't think the extended version will ever see the light of day, and if someone already has it somehow PLEASE NOTIFY ME, I was searching for this during lockdown in 2020 but never found it.

edit:
by the way, here is the original clip
simonjonnemeth

LoopinLiam wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:03 pm Hey, I'm attempting to create an Alton Towers Media collection, and I am aware that TowersTimes used to have a Media section with some rare stuff. I've tried to get the files via the Wayback Machine and Internet Archive, but they weren't saved. Could anyone who happens to still have the files please share them? For reference these are the files I need:
1. Doom & Sons Speech
2. Doom & Son's Effects
I have those. I'm pretty sure they were backed up somewhere hence why I have them.
simonjonnemeth

Katanga Canyon theme

I have been having a difficult time finding any information on this track. I know there a excerpts from it on the ATMOS71 CD (The Adventure Begins, Over The Moon) but I wanted to go back further and see if I could track down a better copy of the full version. I know it's by Mark Russell and from his Cool Music account (http://coolmusicltd.com/composers/mark-russell/)I know that back in the 90s he did scores for a handful of BBC Radio film series (Batman, Superman, Spiderman and Independence Day). I noticed a subtle link to at least one these series (Superman) on the Universal Productions page for ATMOS71 (https://www.universalproductionmusic.co ... ion-heroes). On the final song of the first section (The Final Victory) it references Superman in the songs description. I have 100% placed a few of the songs from ATMOS71 in both Superman BBC Radio series that Mark was involved with. The song I'm looking for appears to be absent. A user on here mentions it was released in 1988. Could this be a mistake? I must say it is rather illusive for a song everyone seems to have heard but nobody knows where (maybe not now, but in the late 90's, early 2000s when I first heard it).
LoopinLiam

simonjonnemeth wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:21 pm
LoopinLiam wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:03 pm Hey, I'm attempting to create an Alton Towers Media collection, and I am aware that TowersTimes used to have a Media section with some rare stuff. I've tried to get the files via the Wayback Machine and Internet Archive, but they weren't saved. Could anyone who happens to still have the files please share them? For reference these are the files I need:
1. Doom & Sons Speech
2. Doom & Son's Effects
I have those. I'm pretty sure they were backed up somewhere hence why I have them.
I managed to get the files from the preserved old version of the site which was closed years ago (old.towerstimes.co.uk), they're low quality but definitely interesting.
Looping Liam/Theme Park Goose
ColaRoaster

Made a song, ode to rollercoasters and used a Nemesis pic for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNQn3ItpPVg
ColaRoaster

Do you ever think what we need is someone classicly trained and someone who knows show tunes? Graham Smart basically.
Chris
Admin
Admin

His music is certainly a cut above the rest! Sad that not much of it is played in the parks any more.
ColaRoaster

He really is. I actually paid to listen to his portfolio on bandcamp and I rarely part with my money...But that music, it just has so much character. I mean, you can tell it's been played on synthesizers but just imagine what he could do with today's synthesizers or even a real orchestra.
ColaRoaster

Hiraeth by Graham Smart:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8U5BD8Biy8

I really long for dark rides the way they used to make them.
MPoxon

Afternoon all,

Looking for a source of music for Alton Towers for my son who is theme park mad. I have most of the tracks from YouTube which I have converted into MP3. Is there are a depository like there used to be on Towers Times?

The fireworks music from 2021 is what a am particularly after.

Any help is much appreciated.
Chris
Admin
Admin

MPoxon wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:57 pm Afternoon all,

Looking for a source of music for Alton Towers for my son who is theme park mad. I have most of the tracks from YouTube which I have converted into MP3. Is there are a depository like there used to be on Towers Times?

I don't believe so - the best resource is now YouTube.
simonjonnemeth

MPoxon wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:57 pm Afternoon all,

I think most of it from TT is still backed up on the Wayback Machine. Graham Smart has a lot of the classic music he composed on his Bandcamp such as Black Hole, Toyland Tours, Haunted House and Nemesis along with music from the other Merlin parks. https://graham-smart.bandcamp.com/.