Phantasialand

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Schneck

ImageImage
Some new pictures from Looopings of the site. Showing that the underground station has now been enclosed, the new track and supports erected (extending the layout parts built last year) and the underground tunnels on the right house the launch (left tunnel) and brake run (right).
New massive 20m tall theming towers along the side of Wuze Town.
Last edited by Dan on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Linked to source
Swarm Chris

Something is being built/refitted next to the entrance for Hollywood Tour. Saw a reasonable number of what didn't look like construction staff all standing around inspecting things, plus a mini digger at the top end working. No idea what's going on, but I did notice it caught the attention of the local enthusiasts with their cameras. So I stood next to them and took a photo too. :P

Edit: From what I can tell this is something to do with the entrance for Fantissima being moved to a more prominent street side location. There were a lot of vans here the next day that looked like they were involved in signage.

The crane at F.L.Y. has been in action nearly all day, but everything seems very hidden, unless I didn't find the vantage point to see into the area. You can just see the top of what's probably a zero-g roll and another segment from the first lift hill of Colorado Adventure.
Morgan

Surprised that this hasn't been posted here already...
Are you ready for the latest news coming from Rookburgh that will launch the meaning of an “overall experience” into a new dimension? There awaits an enigmatic interplay between a themed world with a steampunk flair, the worldwide unique roller coaster F.L.Y. and …

Hotel Charles Lindbergh!

This is bonkers- the fact that they'll be cramming in a hotel and a coaster in this tiny space will be great, can't wait to hear more.
nicky.borrill

Looking like a capsule hotel isn’t it? Which is great, because I think PL’s hotels are already reasonable, especially with the annual pass discount, presumably a capsule hotel will be cheaper still.
Ladyofthelake

RCDB have changed the estimated opening date for FLY to 2020. Whilst there has been nothing official from the park, it is looking less and less likely that FLY and the surrounding area will be ready for 2019. Phantasialand do tend to work to their own timeline and don't commit to an opening date until they are 100% sure they can open it (thy ony confirmed the opening of Taron and Raik 8 weeks before they opened), so it wouldn't be a surprise if they do take a little longer than we first expected.
nicky.borrill

4 years between major additions seems reasonable anyway. Maybe there’s hope fior Wintertraum? 
LbranchieAnya

Hi Everyone, Ive just booked a trip to Phantasialand for June. when going to book park tickets on the website its not in English and a two day ticket is not available to purchase. Can anyone thats been give me some advise on getting tickets, is it easier to buy them on the day at the park? thanks 
Swarm Chris

LbranchieAnya wrote:Hi Everyone, Ive just booked a trip to Phantasialand for June. when going to book park tickets on the website its not in English and a two day ticket is not available to purchase. Can anyone thats been give me some advise on getting tickets, is it easier to buy them on the day at the park? thanks 
Hello, it looks like the Phantasialand website is having some issues on the booking site at the moment. Even for single tickets there is a warning that email confirmations aren't being sent.

There is ticketing at the entrance, however the entrance way is fairly small - its pretty much just a pavement next to the road. So in June I guess there would be a chance of a delay there.

It may be worth either giving it a couple of weeks and then seeing if it's fixed, or contacting Phantasialand via email. They typically come back fairly quickly and speak English. You may find that you can purchase tickets via bank transfer - which as dodgy as it may sound, is a way that Phantasialand and partially Germany as whole operates.

Hope you enjoy your trip, Phantasialand is one of the best theme parks in Europe in my opinion. :)
Morgan

There was a deal last spring where you would get a second ticket free if you registered it on the day. The offer is returning this spring so there's a chance it'll also make an appearance this summer :)
LbranchieAnya

Thank you, I’ll try waiting a while and see if the website gets fixed and if not I’ll email them. Thank you again! Looking forward to the trip
PhNx Survivor

So errr... Word on the street is that F.L.Y has had its final track piece installed.. like last month.. apparently 2 supports still wait in the car park as work on the hotel is needed first before adding the final pieces..

Anyone heard anything recently? Or new photos or news?
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Robert.W

Yep, I think the last piece was actually installed on 25th April. By far the best place to find regular(ish) English language updates, photos and videos, etc., is the F.L.Y. / Rookburgh topic on Coasterforce.

PhNx Survivor

Robert.W wrote:Yep, I think the last piece was actually installed on 25th April. By far the best place to find regular(ish) English language updates, photos and videos, etc., is the F.L.Y. / Rookburgh topic on Coasterforce.
Sound! Cheers, will keep a close eye on this one!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Morgan

It seems we finally have marketing for Rookburgh and Fly! This is making optimistic for some kind of opening in 2020.
DeadJack5

I am so excited for this. Having seen this ride being constructed for the last 2 years, I cannot wait to see this new ride and ride area when it's completed.

If Klugheim is anything to go by, we are in for a treat!
Swarm Chris

Fantastic theming. :)

Building near misses. :D

Flying coaster. :cry:

Maybe I'll find this style more comfortable than B&M flyers, but otherwise hotel ERT will be a waste for me on this one. :(
Mr_Gibson

Any news on how the construction is going recently? When I visited last year we couldn’t see anything as the theming was being built and blocked out our view!
mol7030

F.L.Y has soft opened today! The ride has reduced capacity to enable social distancing and unannounced closures can still occur. A bit of footage on YouTube showing it in action (no POV at the time of writing). The theming in the area looks amazing.
ft_arena

Check out this video with a lot of impressions, details, walkthrough of hole Rookburgh & F.L.Y. 

[/font][/size][/color]
Chris_c_4
Team
Team

I managed to visit Phantasialand again last September.
I've always loved Taron and how immersive the whole area is, and F.L.Y. matches it too! The number of cool details in the theming really makes the ride experience so much better!

When we visited, the ride was still in 'technical rehearsal', and on one ride we were lucky enough to get stopped on the 2nd launch - and got a launch from there! (A bit nerdy, but it was pretty cool :geek: )

One thing that struck me was how intense F.L.Y. was (for comparison, I've only done Galactica & Tatsu). I did wonder how well it would age potentially - especially with it being the first of its kind?

I also really enjoyed the themed food that they had in the area!