Alton Towers Resort Future Discussion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
User avatar
Chris
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2666
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Location: London
Contact:

I laughed at the fact they put Charlie XCX as the headliner instead of Dua Lipa, let alone the shoddy photoshopping skills...
User avatar
Coaster Chall
Member
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:54 pm
Location: Doncaster

User avatar
cookiee_munster
Member
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:53 pm

Coaster Chall wrote:Nemesis could get overhauled!

https://www.lifthillsandthrills.com/nem ... -overhaul/
big news indeed! but welcome news regardless! The ride is getting on a bit now, i always thought due to its popularity the ride would never be removed but just retracked much like Hulk at islands of adventure.
If any extra theming elements were added that would be a massive bonus. AND BRING BACK THE BLOOD WATERFALLS! :D
User avatar
N F Attractions
New Member
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:55 pm
Contact:

cookiee_munster wrote:
Coaster Chall wrote:Nemesis could get overhauled!

https://www.lifthillsandthrills.com/nem ... -overhaul/
big news indeed! but welcome news regardless! The ride is getting on a bit now, i always thought due to its popularity the ride would never be removed but just retracked much like Hulk at islands of adventure.
If any extra theming elements were added that would be a massive bonus. AND BRING BACK THE BLOOD WATERFALLS! :D
apparently they cant have the blood waterfalls due to the environmental agency finding it in water outside of the park
User avatar
Coaster Chall
Member
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:54 pm
Location: Doncaster

N F Attractions wrote:
cookiee_munster wrote:
Coaster Chall wrote:Nemesis could get overhauled!

https://www.lifthillsandthrills.com/nem ... -overhaul/
big news indeed! but welcome news regardless! The ride is getting on a bit now, i always thought due to its popularity the ride would never be removed but just retracked much like Hulk at islands of adventure.
If any extra theming elements were added that would be a massive bonus. AND BRING BACK THE BLOOD WATERFALLS! :D
apparently they cant have the blood waterfalls due to the environmental agency finding it in water outside of the park
That's unfortunate
User avatar
Stan.H
Member
Member
Posts: 1037
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:04 am
Location: astroworld

Coaster Chall wrote:Saw this on twitter... Is this fake or is it happening?
i know this is a late reply, but it was a joke on twitter 
User avatar
cookiee_munster
Member
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:53 pm

Stan.H wrote:
Coaster Chall wrote:Saw this on twitter... Is this fake or is it happening?
i know this is a late reply, but it was a joke on twitter 
That's a shame, essentially i think this will happen in the not too distant future.
User avatar
Coaster Chall
Member
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:54 pm
Location: Doncaster

2022 - My Dream Year:

- Nemesis Sub Terra Reborn
- New Live Show In The World Of David Walliams
- Cuckoo Cars Rethemed To The World Of David Walliams
- Interactive Walkthrough Attraction In Cbeebies Land (Nina's Science Lab Building)
- Events Yearly (Oktoberfest, Scarefest, Fireworks, Parkvibes-Type Summer Event?) - Mardi Gras Returns!

What Could They Prepare For Post-2022?

- Permanent Flat Ride Construction (2023)
- Nemesis Overhaul? (Closed During 2022?)

Any additions or changes?
User avatar
scruffy_
Member
Member
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:34 pm
Location: Wales

Having been 3 years already since Wicker Man opened, and we usually get a coaster every 5 years or so? Would it be right to assume a new one may go into planning this year or next?
User avatar
Chris
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2666
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:38 pm
Location: London
Contact:

That’s usually the case, but COVID has got in the way and delayed all Merlin capex projects by varying timelines.
User avatar
Javs
Member
Member
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:56 am
Location: Southern UK

I'm surprised no one is talking about the public consultation news! Can we start speculating already? It seems like the right time for SW9. I'm sure it wont be a trackless dark ride as AT are already overhauling the Haunted House and although GG isnt trackless, it would be overkill imo. So my theory is that this is going to be part of the World of David Walliams, and the perfect fit would be a ride based on his SpaceBoy book. A cosmic rollercoaster adventure. Come on, we all miss the Black Hole!
User avatar
cookiee_munster
Member
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:53 pm

Javs wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:36 am I'm surprised no one is talking about the public consultation news! Can we start speculating already? It seems like the right time for SW9. I'm sure it wont be a trackless dark ride as AT are already overhauling the Haunted House and although GG isnt trackless, it would be overkill imo. So my theory is that this is going to be part of the World of David Walliams, and the perfect fit would be a ride based on his SpaceBoy book. A cosmic rollercoaster adventure. Come on, we all miss the Black Hole!
I do hope that the project (whatever it is) gets green-lit. It's time for the park to start using space it had and not replace other attractions. I'd be welcome to seeing another rollercoaster in the dark, the black hole was always one of those entry level coasters i'd go on as a kid, which would build my confidence in tackling ones like nemesis and oblivion (this was a long time ago!)
Post Reply