Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Bexa

Are people wearing masks when not on rides currently, or are most people immediately taking them off once they get off
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
Dan

Bexa wrote:Are people wearing masks when not on rides currently, or are most people immediately taking them off once they get off
The majority of people are only wearing masks on the rides where it is a requirement.

From what I saw on opening day, the percentage of people wearing them while walking round the park is very small.
Bexa

Dan wrote:
Bexa wrote:Are people wearing masks when not on rides currently, or are most people immediately taking them off once they get off
The majority of people are only wearing masks on the rides where it is a requirement.

From what I saw on opening day, the percentage of people wearing them while walking round the park is very small.
Ah alright, so it's a bit of a gamble of safety to go I assume
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
swfc96

And sadly some people think the markings on the floor in the queue lines are just there for fun. Standing as close to those in front of them as they would without social distancing in place...
Dan

Bexa wrote:Ah alright, so it's a bit of a gamble of safety to go I assume
I wouldn’t say it’s a gamble on safety to visit the park.

Masks are only mandatory on the listed rides & attractions, it’s not a requirement to wear them at any other time. As long as you keep your distance from other guests and follow the guidelines set out by the Resort, you should have no problems keeping yourself safe.
SilverBullet

Hi all,

Splash Landings is now bookable but wondered how busy it was, has anyone been in recent times who can comment please?

My family are nervous about social distance.
Janey75

Hi, I’m due to go to the park this week and have read some reviews that state the back of the park is open an hour later than the front of the park. Is this still the case because we will be staying at a resort hotel and entering the park through the back entrance at Forbidden Valley. Will this be possible? Will this part of the park be open at 10am?

Also, I’ve noticed some restaurants requesting mobile ordering online but I can’t see mobile ordering anywhere on the app. Is this possible or do we just queue as usual with restaurants/fast food places?
Last edited by Dan on Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
AltonOperator

Janey75 wrote:I’ve noticed some restaurants requesting mobile ordering online but I can’t see mobile ordering anywhere on the app. Is this possible or do we just queue as usual with restaurants/fast food places?
Mobile ordering can be used in most food outlets across the resort. Use the app’s map to select the food outlet. If you can order there will be a button that says ‘order now’
Thanks Jack
WillR

I have tickets to visit this coming Friday, but having checked the forecast it looks really windy, especially wind gusts. Does anyone know the maximum wind levels the rides can operate in?
Dan

Janey75 wrote:Hi, I’m due to go to the park this week and have read some reviews that state the back of the park is open an hour later than the front of the park. Is this still the case because we will be staying at a resort hotel and entering the park through the back entrance at Forbidden Valley. Will this be possible? Will this part of the park be open at 10am?
This used to be the case, but not anymore.

As far as I can remember, Congo River Rapids and Duel open at 11am. Everything else is scheduled to open at 10am.
ROYJESS

WillR wrote:I have tickets to visit this coming Friday, but having checked the forecast it looks really windy, especially wind gusts. Does anyone know the maximum wind levels the rides can operate in?
It's gust up to around 30mph on certain rides, usually affects The Smiler and Oblivion
Janey75

Can anyone tell me what time the sky ride opens? We’re planning on heading to the back of the park at opening but I was wondering if the sky ride opens at 9.30am when the park opens, or 10 am when the rides open?
Thanks
ROYJESS

Janey75 wrote:Can anyone tell me what time the sky ride opens? We’re planning on heading to the back of the park at opening but I was wondering if the sky ride opens at 9.30am when the park opens, or 10 am when the rides open?
Thanks
 I think that the sky ride opens at 11am 
Rob_D_11

Hi Guys :)

I'm sure this would have been answered already, but the new(ish) Hotel entrance next to Extraordinary Golf says it's only open in the morning?

I've booked a short stay in October and wondered with the Monorail out of action, do Hotel guests need to walk back from the main entrance to the Hotel via the Car Park if they close this entrance off? 
Dan

Rob_D_11 wrote:Hi Guys :)

I'm sure this would have been answered already, but the new(ish) Hotel entrance next to Extraordinary Golf says it's only open in the morning?

I've booked a short stay in October and wondered with the Monorail out of action, do Hotel guests need to walk back from the main entrance to the Hotel via the Car Park if they close this entrance off? 
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

The Galactica gate is open between 9:30-11:30 in the morning and again from ride close, so depending what time you leave the park you may have to leave via the turnstiles.
Rob_D_11

Thanks for the Welcome and reply :)

Fingers crossed it's open around 8/9pm ish for scarefest . that will be timed perfectly for riding Nemesis at night and a 10 min walk to the hotel instead of 30+!
homer22422

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to inquire if Alton Towers has released any information regarding how the scarefest mazes are going to function throughout the COVID epidemic?

I would assume that social distancing will be implemented (no shoulder holding) but would this affect the number of maze tickets the park can sell on the day as I am contemplating if I should pre-book the tickets ASAP

lewis97
Admin
Admin

homer22422 wrote:Just wanted to inquire if Alton Towers has released any information regarding how the scarefest mazes are going to function throughout the COVID epidemic?
Yes, they have recently updated their website to detail the measures that will be in place.

In summary: all guests and actors to wear face masks, social-distancing between groups of different guests, new techniques and interactions, guests required to use hand sanitiser before entering mazes, and the mazes will be subject to cleaning over the course of the day.
timmy1372

Hi guys

Quick question, apologies if in the wrong section, I couldn't really decide where was best..... But.....

On BGT last night a magician called damien o'brien had a long sleeve t shirt on which looked like it had a roller-coaster on it, any ideas what it might be? A former alton towers ride?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hazard

I am thinking of going to the park tomorrow or Wednesday to do the Scarefest thing hopefully before the schools break up.

With limited numbers what are the queue times like during Scarefest (this year), would there be any fast track passes available after 4pm? How much are they (heard about £10!).

In two minds whether to go for 2 days, one really long day or an evening? All depending on queue times and how busy it's likely to be? Presumably it won't be any busier than a really busy day in the current climate.