Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Swarm Chris

Electric vehicle manufacturer Miniportworld appear to be partnering with Chessington to install their minisafariworld product into the park. Whilst details are unknown, the ride type consists of electric vehicles styled upon a Land Rover Defender that children under 10 can drive around a set out course. With installations at UK zoo's and wildlife parks including ZSL Whipsnade Zoo and Twycross Zoo, the ride type looks extremely suitable to be the Jungle Rangers ride. If so, it will have meant the full removal of Toadies Crazy Cars, and not a re-theme as was initially believed.

abigsmurf

Can those manage the kind of capacity that Chessington would need? They need quite a lot of supervision and hands on help from ride attendants which limits how many you'd have out at a time.
Swarm Chris

Presumably the throughput on those would be terrible without a significant number, and would require staff to drag them out of wherever they'd been crashed into, much like Legoland Driving School.

Due to the throughput issues, it's possible this could be a separate additional charge thing, like the random animal cars they added last year on the space Flying Jumbos is going this year. At the moment it's a little unclear, the advertising image shows something much more similar to Toadies Crazy Cars for Jungle Rangers, yet the text matches what these things could do very well.

But it's modern day Chessington, where capacity doesn't seem to figure into too many of the decision making processes.
abigsmurf

Wonder if they could have a guide track, Autopia style.
rainbowryder

I wonder if it will be the same model or a completely new model using a similar base area. There are new foundations, so we should expect this new ship to be with us for a long time. 
Jared

rainbowryder wrote:I wonder if it will be the same model or a completely new model using a similar base area. There are new foundations, so we should expect this new ship to be with us for a long time. 
It's a brand new ride. It is no longer going to be a Huss (or so I'm told).
rainbowryder

Jared wrote:
rainbowryder wrote:I wonder if it will be the same model or a completely new model using a similar base area. There are new foundations, so we should expect this new ship to be with us for a long time. 
It's a brand new ride. It is no longer going to be a Huss (or so I'm told).
Oh, interesting! Hopefully it swings as steep as Black Buccaneer did. 
Jared

Seeing as this is the replacement for Black Buccaneer, I thought a new topic would be in order. :)

Who's looking forward to seeing the new ride when it arrives later this year?
Last edited by Dan on Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Coaster Chall

The Blue Barnacle is a decent name with potential for a creative story behind it. Hopefully Chessington do exactly that, I know they can do great stories for their rides and attractions, whether they are original, IP's or based on IP's.
Dan

Chessington have announced on their social media that their new land, the Rainforest, will officially open on March 19th.

With the MAP preview day being this weekend, could we be seeing a soft opening of the area?

lewis97
Admin
Admin

As posted on SouthParks social media, Chessington have today revealed the theme park map for the 2020 season.

As well as featuring the new area, the Rainforest, and Elmer's Flying Jumbos, other notable changes include the addition of The Blue Barnacle, the replacement swinging ship, and the rebranding of Original Sandwich Co. in Land of the Dragons to Dragon's Lair Cafe, seemingly sponsored by NOW TV.

The eagle-eyed will also note that 'something new is being unearthed' on the former site of Rameses Revenge...

Dan

We’re at Chessington World of Adventures today for their Annual Pass Preview Day.

Keep an eye on SouthParks social media for the latest updates.

LoopinLiam

Does anyone have the new music for The Vampire? It’s great music, but I cannot find it online anywhere.
Looping Liam/Theme Park Goose
Dom

Tomb Blaster has received a lot fo work over closed season. It now has new audio as well as a new storyline. The effects and animatronics inside look to have had a lot of work over closed season with them all seeming to work and it feels like a new ride, i won't lie.
Dom

I'm sure the music will appear online at some point in the next few days. Given it was only annual pass day yesterday, the vloggers and people who do that probably haven't had a chance to upload it yet.

As for Vampire, what they have done is nice. The new bits of small theming in the queue line are nice and the restoration of the organ and organist is actually stunning. They have genuinely done such a great job with it.
DeadJack5

Chessington World of Adventures Resort opened for the 2020 Passholder Preview Day on Sunday, providing an opportunity to see the changes and improvements at the Resort for the upcoming season.

SouthParks News rounds-up everything we spotted during our visit, including progress on the new attractions, the refreshes made to existing areas and attractions, as well as the Resort's COVID-19 measures.

Swarm Chris

Social media appears to be awash of people attempting to change bookings at Chessington, and are being told no or to pay more, even in cases where customers are requested to self isolate by the government.

I honestly do not understand how Chessington, and I suspect Merlin more broadly, can operate in such a disgusting manner. When the Prime Minister yesterday said no one should be financially penalised for following government advice.
Swarm Chris

Chessington World of Adventures Resort has announced that the Resort will be closed from Saturday 21st March in light of the recent measures announced by the UK Government as a result of the COVID-19 virus.

The Resort have confirmed that the theme park will remain closed until further notice. Those with hotel bookings are advised they will be contacted if their stay falls before 25th April.

Further updates will be provided as and when the Resort is able to provide further information.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Here's our new POV.
What do we make of the changes for 2020?
DeadJack5

Chessington World of Adventures Resort have received two nominations in this year’s ScareCON SCAR awards, including ‘Best Halloween maze’ for Creepy Caves After Dark. SouthParks News has further details on the awards.

Which was your favourite scare attraction at last year’s Howl-o-ween?