Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Swarm Chris

maxjbutton wrote:Has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of general advertisement by Merlin for Thorpe Park. Just looking through some emails and noticed that merlin advertised literally every other halloween event (even the London Eye event) but not Fright Nights. Anyone have any thoughts? http://f.news.merlinentertainmentsmail.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=8fa7ece7c8bae55c8aace6c5c2ceaad9
Oddly, this isn't the first time this has happened this year.
Mr_Gibson

Hey everyone, I have one day (Monday 21st Oct) to visit a park before the end of the season. I usually do Alton Towers but I’ve never been to Thorpe. Is a long round trip for me but as the opening hours are longer I thought it might be worthwhile. Do you think it’ll be very busy? Is it worth a 2.5 hour trip each way? I’ll be going solo too, are there many single rider queues? Thanks!
Swarm Chris

Mr_Gibson wrote:Hey everyone, I have one day (Monday 21st Oct) to visit a park before the end of the season. I usually do Alton Towers but I’ve never been to Thorpe. Is a long round trip for me but as the opening hours are longer I thought it might be worthwhile. Do you think it’ll be very busy? Is it worth a 2.5 hour trip each way? I’ll be going solo too, are there many single rider queues? Thanks!
Easiest answer first, there are no single rider lines at Thorpe Park.

In terms of how busy it will be, Fright Nights during school holidays will typically be the busiest time of the year at Thorpe. I have it in the back of my mind that that particular Monday may not be part of the local school holidays, so it may be worth investigating that yourself. If the park is wet, it could be quiet. The biggest thing you'll want to keep an eye on is the wind forecast, as the wind in October can play havoc causing all rides to close.
ROYJESS

London are off school that week
Mr_Gibson

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ve got some things to mull over!
Swarm Chris

As reported by SouthParks News, Quantum has reopened this afternoon! It appears popular with guests, as it has quickly jumped up to a 20 minute queue.
Swarm Chris

So Samurai and Vortex have now given up, with Quantum looking suspiciously like it only operates Friday afternoons and the weekend.

The park appears extremely busy already this week, and I believe they opened Creek Freak Massacre early, possibly as a result of this.
KaiPhillips

They did not, they just let us into the queue early.
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA
Swarm Chris

As reported on SouthParks Social Media, Thorpe Park have released their 2020 Season Passes, with the price of a Standard Season Pass currently being £45.

The Standard Season Pass is valid from the start of the 2020 season until 1st November, with Friday-Sunday exclusions throughout the school summer holidays and all Fright Nights dates. During the exclusion dates pass holders can gain entry to the Resort from £10 per day.

Premium Season Passes are also on sale for £75 and include unlimited access throughout summer, parking, a Thorpe Park Digipass, and entry on 6 selected dates during Fright Nights. The Premium Season Pass currently has Fright Night exclusion dates of 3rd, 10th, and 17th October – 1st November 2020.
Morgan

Fancied a change yesterday, so decided to eat at Pizza Pasta. We'd eaten at the one at Alton Towers several times across the season, so we knew how it worked- get shown to a table, then go up to get food and fight your way through the crowds until you're satisfied with the amount you've got, before repeating until you're about to burst. Thorpe's, however, was pure chaos.

After paying, we eventually found a table (was interesting to see mostly large tables, which meant finding space just for a group of two was a struggle). Deciding to start with drinks, we scrambled around to find cups, which weirdly enough wasn't by the dispensers- and we were off-puttingly greeted by this:

Then back to the other side of the restaurant to get drinks, where the surfaces were also incredibly messy and was caked in various liquids and cups, alongside a dispenser which was wrapped up in plastic; presumably broken. Weirdly enough, they had a more "traditional" machine dispensing pure juices, like the ones you'd see during breakfast at a hotel. Cory decided to sample the orange juice, and assured me that it tasted weirdly off.
Well, food next. Now, I understand that we did go during peak time, so we understood that getting to the pizza pans was going to be a bit of a battle. But unfortunately, they were very poorly stocked. Every time I went to grab a slice, the pans would virtually be empty, with no signs of more pizzas on the way. I eventually gave up bothering to go up and get more, because I knew that by the time I'd gotten there, there'd be nothing left. Meanwhile at Alton Towers, there's a seemingly endless supply of food- so even if you take the last bit from a pan, there's always more so you can really have as much as you'd like- but at Thorpe, there was barely enough to seem satisfactory.

Our experience here was incredibly frustrating, and I really don't want to eat there again. The surfaces were all incredibly messy, staff seemed dis-interested, and there was a lack of food, which made the whole ordeal a bit worthless.
livinglamden

Hi guys/gals!

I'm new here. So I'm visiting Thorpe tomorrow for the Fright Night. However I'm currently struggling with anxiety relating to my size.

So I’m quite a big lad. I play a bit of rugby etc. I'm around 18st 9lbs, Waist 38-40", Chest around 47". My gut doesn't stick out too much. however I do have big thighs! I'm worried about the walk of shame etc. Has anybody else had an experience with fitting in the seats at Thorpe? Which rides should I avoid (if any). I've heard the Thorpe rides are far less forgiving than the ones at Towers! (I've been 10-11 times now!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :) 
Swarm Chris

livinglamden wrote:Hi guys/gals!

I'm new here. So I'm visiting Thorpe tomorrow for the Fright Night. However I'm currently struggling with anxiety relating to my size.

So I’m quite a big lad. I play a bit of rugby etc. I'm around 18st 9lbs, Waist 38-40", Chest around 47". My gut doesn't stick out too much. however I do have big thighs! I'm worried about the walk of shame etc. Has anybody else had an experience with fitting in the seats at Thorpe? Which rides should I avoid (if any). I've heard the Thorpe rides are far less forgiving than the ones at Towers! (I've been 10-11 times now!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :) 
Hi :)

The best thing will definitely be to try out the test seats at the entrance to each ride. 

The only ride I would caution against is Colossus. The restraints are particularly terrible, and will fail for many reasons including larger chest and long or larger legs. I believe the test seat for this ride is not the greatest representation of what the actual seat is like.

The restraints on Nemesis Inferno are the same as those on Nemesis, so you should have a good idea on that one. There are seats that allow more room in the center of the train on that ride if you are concerned.
Rollback Ricki

I take it nothing is happening at Thorpe Park again next year?
Swarm Chris

Rollback Ricki wrote:I take it nothing is happening at Thorpe Park again next year?
No public planning requests have been submitted, and there's very little they can do at the site without one.
DeadJack5

At this point I certainly wouldn't expect Thorpe Park to be doing anything major for next season. They may host a series of events similar to this season but unfortunately I cannot see anything major happening with the park in 2020
Swarm Chris

Everything seems to be pointing at a Season of Events Mk2, with Jungle Escape and Fright Nights already confirmed. Bit of a step down from where we thought Project 2020 could have been heading.
Swarm Chris

Barely 3 weeks after going on sale, the Thorpe Park Season Pass is having a sort-of sale. Purchasing now will see a £35 Thorpe Park DigiPass thrown in for free.

So before the season even starts, we have a sale that essentially values a Thorpe Park Season Pass at £10. I can't help but feel they're massively devaluing their product.

Qzzb_UK

Or they value the digipass at £0!
Swarm Chris

Premium pass costing £75, includes a stated £35 DigiPass and £30 car parking pass. Really appears to me that that they've valued a season pass at £10.

All I can see happening is the park being very busy next year, but with gate sales being practically zero, meaning the money making for the park is reliant on food, merchandise and fastrack sales. :|
theparklifekid

Rumours are floating about that Thorpe Park has lost the license to The Walking Dead.

If true what does this mean? A removal of the IP and change to a generic zombie containment themed ride? X return? SBNO? Or a complete Removal?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!