Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Gilly

Hello! Apologies for my first post being a question, long time lurker but never actually joined.

I’m returning to the suite in a couple of weeks as we got engaged there so a bit of an anniversary...does the ANR still have it’s own car parking space towards the front of the hotel car park? I think it was probably 2012 last time we were in the room!

Absolutely cannot wait to ride Wicker Man! We’ve not been to Alton since the smiler reopened.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Last edited by DeadJack5 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swarm Chris

Gilly wrote:Hello! Apologies for my first post being a question, long time lurker but never actually joined.

I’m returning to the suite in a couple of weeks as we got engaged there so a bit of an anniversary...does the ANR still have it’s own car parking space towards the front of the hotel car park? I think it was probably 2012 last time we were in the room!

Absolutely cannot wait to ride Wicker Man! We’ve not been to Alton since the smiler reopened.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Hello! :)

As this is one of the themed suites, I believe this should have a marked parking space somewhere on the front row of the car park. They certainly still exist for other themed rooms.

Have a great time!
Gilly

Swarm Chris wrote:
Gilly wrote:Hello! Apologies for my first post being a question, long time lurker but never actually joined.

Thanks in advance,

Ben
Hello! :)

As this is one of the themed suites, I believe this should have a marked parking space somewhere on the front row of the car park. They certainly still exist for other themed rooms.

Have a great time!
Thanks for the answer! I guess I will find out on Friday!
matt.flynn

Hi apologies if this has been asked many times before - am looking at staying at AT hotel for a night - how does it work with the two day ticket ‘included’ - do they supply an email or something that gets you into the park on the first day? Assuming you can’t book into hotel until the afternoon? and can you get in early on both days of the ticket? Also regarding meals do you just book an evening meal when you check into hotel on first day?
Swarm Chris

matt.flynn wrote:Hi apologies if this has been asked many times before - am looking at staying at AT hotel for a night - how does it work with the two day ticket ‘included’ - do they supply an email or something that gets you into the park on the first day? Assuming you can’t book into hotel until the afternoon? and can you get in early on both days of the ticket? Also regarding meals do you just book an evening meal when you check into hotel on first day?
I'm unsure whether they will send you an electronic ticket for the park, or if you would collect a paper one from the hotel reception at check-in. However, in order to get early access to the park, you will need the paper card that you get given at check-in, so the hotel reception will be your first destination regardless if you're arriving early, who will be able to sort your tickets out if they're not provided digitally. The hotel card along with your ticket, should give you early access to the Resort in the morning throughout your stay.

You can check-in at any time and have the option to leave your bags with the porters, but you likely will not have access to your room until 3 or 4pm.

For meals, I would highly advise booking them online as soon as you can before your trip. You can do this for both breakfast and dinner following the links on this website. For Alton Towers Hotel, breakfast will be in Secret Garden and for Splash Landings breakfast will be in Flambo's Jambo (breakfast booking link for this will be included in booking confirmation).

Have fun! :)
davey_will1980

matt.flynn wrote:Hi apologies if this has been asked many times before - am looking at staying at AT hotel for a night - how does it work with the two day ticket ‘included’ - do they supply an email or something that gets you into the park on the first day? Assuming you can’t book into hotel until the afternoon? and can you get in early on both days of the ticket? Also regarding meals do you just book an evening meal when you check into hotel on first day?
Hi Matt, 
You should get the tickets within the email confirmation when that comes through, that's what's happened for me when we've booked with Legoland Twice and Alton Towers once. If it's not with the email or a separate email then there's usually a link in the email along the lines of 'Print Vouchers For My Escape' and also 'View Information Pack' it may be off one of those.
Hope this helps
Justin

Yes, your email confirmation should have all the details you need for entry and ERT :)
timmy1372

Hi

I was just wondering what's the cheapest way to get tickets for the theme park for a couple of people who don't have annual passes but are joining us in the hotel, preferably a way that we can get the ticket beforehand so we can all go straight into ERT! We won't be going into the park until after the 1st night so can always pop to the entrance the day before to grab the tickets. Or hotel reception might be the best bet? We might need 2 day tickets as we are staying 2 nights!

Any help much appreciated.
Justin

Hey :)

There are three ways...

1) Purchase tickets as part of your hotel package.
2) If you have Premium Annual Pass then you can use your 'Share the fun' vouchers.
3) Once again, with your Annual Pass, book 'Friends and Family tickets'.

Hope this helps :)
MakoMania

timmy1372 wrote:Hi

I was just wondering what's the cheapest way to get tickets for the theme park for a couple of people who don't have annual passes but are joining us in the hotel, preferably a way that we can get the ticket beforehand so we can all go straight into ERT! We won't be going into the park until after the 1st night so can always pop to the entrance the day before to grab the tickets. Or hotel reception might be the best bet? We might need 2 day tickets as we are staying 2 nights!

Any help much appreciated.
If you have annual passes/are staying in the hotel then your whole group will be fine for ERT. They never split groups at the entrance no matter what tickets they're on.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
timmy1372

Cheers for the help
If I booked the friends and family tickets online can I pick them up from hotel reception? Or maybe at the park entrance the day before? It says you have book online up to 24 hours in advance and can only collect at attraction.
gregorya17

Hi, I was just wandering if the price for OAP's is half the online price or half the gate price.
Bexa

With the free tickets from The Sun, can they be upgraded to a season pass or can that only be done with a purchased ticket? Also can premium season passes be bought on the day?
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
Dan

Bexa wrote:With the free tickets from The Sun, can they be upgraded to a season pass or can that only be done with a purchased ticket? Also can premium season passes be bought on the day?
Premium Season Passes can be bought on the day of your visit.

As for The Sun free tickets, I don’t believe they are able to be upgraded to a Season Pass, as there is no monetary value assigned to them. It’s only tickets that have been purchased that allow you to pay the difference/upgrade to a Season Pass.
CoasterBoyyt

Does anyone know if you can still sit next to your friend when using fastrack on rides? (We are both using the same type of fastrack pass)
Justin

Yes, you'll be batched with your friend :)
AltonOperator

Bexa wrote:With the free tickets from The Sun, can they be upgraded to a season pass or can that only be done with a purchased ticket? Also can premium season passes be bought on the day?
As you pay £0 for the free ticket, you would have to pay the full price for the season pass to upgrade to it.
Thanks Jack
scruffy_

How busy will it be when the schools break up? Thinking of going 15th or something as I have a week off that week.
ROYJESS

The kids will still be at school on the 15th July, however you will have hit the prime School trip season which will be busier than the summer holidays.  I personally would avoid.

If you are talking about the 15th August, then it will be busy but will be better than the prime school trip season. People tend to go abroad during the first couple of weeks of the summer hols, so that will be your best bet.  The park will be busier as the school holidays goes on. 
scruffy_

ROYJESS wrote:The kids will still be at school on the 15th July, however you will have hit the prime School trip season which will be busier than the summer holidays.  I personally would avoid.

If you are talking about the 15th August, then it will be busy but will be better than the prime school trip season. People tend to go abroad during the first couple of weeks of the summer hols, so that will be your best bet.  The park will be busier as the school holidays goes on. 
Schools in England actually start their holidays on the 15th July, Wales the week after (22nd) according to here. 
Last edited by Dan on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added hyperlink