Thorpe Park - Stealth

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
bradd3rsroew

My weird Stealth train swap idea!!!!!

On heritage railways they often borrow Engines for events or swap them just to let customers ride a different engine.

What would the technicalities be of swapping 1 Stealth & 1 Rita train over so one of Stealth’s trains ran on Rita and a Rita train ran on Stealth’s track.

Yeah I know it's silly but I reckon it'd look cool. More Breds ridiculous ideas for shared coasters after the break. (That break might be years long)
Dan

bradd3rsroew wrote:My weird Stealth train swap idea!!!!!

On heritage railways they often borrow Engines for events or swap them just to let customers ride a different engine.

What would the technicalities be of swapping 1 Stealth & 1 Rita train over so one of Stealth’s trains ran on Rita and a Rita train ran on Stealth’s track.

Yeah I know it's silly but I reckon it'd look cool. More Breds ridiculous ideas for shared coasters after the break. (That break might be years long)
The technicalities would be simple, since, unless I’m mistaken, the trains are identical.
Swarm Chris

They were using a slightly adjusted soundtrack at the weekend, which seemed like parts of Fright Nights audio had been interlinked into the regular audio.

On one launch the countdown had been replaced with the heartbeats, but went back to the regular countdown on other launches. One of the radio discussions from the surrounding area seemed longer than normal as well, but the volume was too low to be able to fully make out what was being said.
ThemeParkEwan

Swarm Chris wrote:They were using a slightly adjusted soundtrack at the weekend, which seemed like parts of Fright Nights audio had been interlinked into the regular audio.

On one launch the countdown had been replaced with the heartbeats, but went back to the regular countdown on other launches. One of the radio discussions from the surrounding area seemed longer than normal as well, but the volume was too low to be able to fully make out what was being said.
Believe it or not the heartbeats was actually just a ride op tapping the microphone!
Swarm Chris

ThemeParkEwan wrote:Believe it or not the heartbeats was actually just a ride op tapping the microphone!
Well they did a brilliant job. :)
Icymice

I went on Sunday and we had the usual keep your head back and brace yourself, then the heartbeat, then the ride op said 'see ya' and launched it.
Justin

It is really nice when the ops take the time to interact. It makes it more memorable and adds to the overall experience. I wouldn't like it to be done on every ride, but Stealth having the fun vibe it does, works!
Swarm Chris

Still doing the occasional manual launch today. :)
Swarm Chris

Strangely they were only operating a single train today, even though the queue frequently showed they needed two.

I can't imagine the weather conditions would limit the number of trains in operation, especially when by late afternoon the weather was fine.

The maintenance workshop was also closed, which possibly could have been due to the wind, although other workshops were open. All season so far it has been open, so it seemed a little odd to only have a single train and the workshop closed.
Swarm Chris

Something seems a bit odd with one of the trains on Stealth at the moment. Last week it was running on a single train, then this week it started on two trains, but at some point went down to a single train.

At around 3pm they attempted to put the second train back on, but after 20 minutes and two launches of both trains, it failed to get signed off and had to be put back into the garage.

I did notice one of the technicians working on the wheel area of one of the rear cars of the rejected train afterwards.
raging_coasters

Yeah, I've noticed this as well, operations are painfully slow with only 1 train.
Wagstaff04

Before I start, I want to say that the last three coasters I have left to review are so tight. I could barely choose between them but, for the sake of listing things, I had to. 

Funny story to start off with. As we were driving down the M25 to our hotel the day before our visit, we past the park, and it was at that moment that I discovered my acrophobia. I had the shakes for the rest of the day. But, after getting evacced off of Rumba Rapids, my dad persuaded me to queue for it. And am I glad I did. 

First, the plaza is nice. It’s not extensively themed, but it gives off a nice, cheery feel to it. I’ll skip past the queue line, as there’s just a lake there, and cut straight to the ride. This. Launch. Is. Amazing. By far the best part of the ride, and the best launch I’ve ever experienced. I can’t explain why, it just is. The rest of the ride, to be honest, I can’t remember, just because the launch is so brilliant, but it’s at least almost silk smooth. 

So, an amazing launch that’s backed up well. Overall: 8.5/10
Swarm Chris

Stealth appeared to die fairly significantly today. I'm not sure if it ever came back online by the end of the day, but for most of today staff were stationed at the Stealth plaza entrance, turning people away.
Dan says hi

Stealth is also closed today so I assume that it didn’t open at all yesterday!
Isnt it normally around this time of the year that Stealth is closed for a week or two whilst they replace the launch cable?
Qzzb_UK

Dan says hi wrote:Stealth is also closed today so I assume that it didn’t open at all yesterday!
Isnt it normally around this time of the year that Stealth is closed for a week or two whilst they replace the launch cable?
It didn’t open yesterday. It spent most of the day DELAYED then about a hour or so before close, they changed it to Closed. Assume as it was Delayed not just Closed all day it was a fault? If it was scheduled they would just close it all day like Quantum surely?? 

On another note, Quantum did alot of testing yesterday so probably getting ready to re-open.
Swarm Chris

Qzzb_UK wrote:It didn’t open yesterday. It spent most of the day DELAYED then about a hour or so before close, they changed it to Closed. Assume as it was Delayed not just Closed all day it was a fault? If it was scheduled they would just close it all day like Quantum surely??

On another note, Quantum did alot of testing yesterday so probably getting ready to re-open.
I think whatever happened occurred unplanned yesterday, as there was a train sat in the station. It's possible it operated for the first half hour, but I can't remember. You're right about Delayed Vs Closed being their language for could open and definitely not opening.
Dan says hi wrote:Stealth is also closed today so I assume that it didn’t open at all yesterday!
It could well be time for its regular cable change, although I believe it had one in March and I'm guessing yesterday wasn't a planned closure.
Swarm Chris

Stealth has re-opened. :)
Swarm Chris

Thorpe Park have announced that due to essential maintenance, Stealth will be shut from Monday afternoon until Tuesday lunch time.

It's had a fair amount of downtime recently, including roughly 2 days closed last week and a couple of hours closure yesterday. Normally around this time of year it requires a routine service, and it's great that the Resort have announced when this will occur this year.
obliviongirl

Was at the park Tuesday 16th and despite announcements saying it would open at midday Stealth remained closed all day. Maybe it will be back in operation today (Wednesday)?
Swarm Chris

Stealth made a fairly nasty grinding noise as it went through the pre -station brakes. Little odd, as it's magnetic.