Alton Towers Stargazing Pods

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
abigsmurf

They're going to embed a TV into the roofs,lowering the already low ceilings even further...

Don't envy whoever has to cut that grass with all the trees and rocks preventing you using a ride on mower.
Justin

Leek Signs have provided another interesting update, this time for the Stargazing Pods which are due to open on April 12th.

Their latest images show the toilet block and Tipi.

Dan

I can’t help but feel that that Stargazing Pods graphic will look really out of place in the Tipi once it’s all finished, as it’s not in the colour scheme that I would choose for that kind of environment.

Sure, I get that it’s connected to the Pods so there will naturally be some branding, but it could have been a bit more subtle.
Swarm Chris

The counter in the Tipi looks like a trade show stand to me.
DeadJack5

From the photos, it just looks a bit empty? I do hope there is more added inside those Tipis to make them a bit more filling but honestly they look very empty at this point.
Justin

I very much doubt everything is in place yet.
I do agree about the colours though. They dont match in, but could this be because we have seen what it has been used for in the past, with the Enchanted Village?
Ladyofthelake

Although the colours do look a little out of place in those photos, I think that we do need to wait to see the finished product - as Justin said, it's unlikely everything is in place. I think they could get away with the colours if they tie into the wider look of the furniture in the Tipi.

Even if the colours aren't quite right, what is more important is that the Tipi will provide much needed additional bar capacity and entertainment for the Enchanted Village area. I'm actually quite interested to see what it's like this weekend :)
DeadJack5

Leek Signs have revealed more signature that has been produced for the Stargazing Pods

Source: Leek Signs Facebook

stevebrown

Advert for the Stargazing pods
Liam.W

I have a suspicion that there may be an opening ceremony for the stargazing pods tonight.

There are some temporary lights and speakers set up in one corner and there is a team of people from Jubilee Fireworks present!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Ben-

The pods are actually really nice, once you get around the fact there's less space. Granted, it’s not the best, but it’s good enough for cheap accommodation, although I'd like to see cheaper prices all around, as we paid the same amount for the pod as we could have done for an Enchanted Village lodge, so a bit too expensive. The eventual price exceeds the labelled price.
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
DeadJack5

As reported by TowersTimes, the Alton Towers Stargazing Pods welcomed their first guests over the weekend with a special, one-off, opening ceremony featuring a special appearance from Mark Thompson, Stargazing LIVE co-host, and Sir Algenon. TowersTimes were there to experience the celebrations.

Promotional footage from the celebrations: