Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
ROYJESS

Great news for single riders like me  :)
mol7030

Anyone know what time The Walking Dead Living Nightmare Extreme will open tomorrow? Is it upon park opening?
Swarm Chris

Should be midday.
mol7030

TPC wrote:Should be midday.
Hi TPC, ok great, for definite? No earlier? Means I can have a lie in haha.
Swarm Chris

mol7030 wrote:
Has been midday all week :)

Think all the actors have a lie in stated on their contacts too :lol
mol7030

TPC wrote:
mol7030 wrote:
Has been midday all week :)

Think all the actors have a lie in stated on their contacts too :lol
Haha! Great, thanks for your help.
DeadJack5

Today I was able to experience the Living Nightmare Extreme maze a few times. Having done the maze only twice at the beginning of Fright Nights, I had high hopes for the maze with its new "Extreme" tagine. I was impressed last time, did I feel the same this time?

Yes.

The maze is well themed on the inside in some scenes with others having more detail than others. The actors on the day were good, took some time for them to find their rhythm but by the end of the day they were on top form.
Spoiler
In the first scene, they did well to break up the group and single out those for their own little "face it alone". I was singled out to go with Jack but ended up splitting up, I did get some close interactions and was even pinned against a wall waiting for the others to move so I was alone.

The bus scene was probably one of my favorite scenes as I saw actors group up from other side of the bus and even In front to close in on visitors. Another great scene is the "chair" scene, I wasn't able to experience this scene but I was (as mentioned eariler) pinned against a wall, a great way to make the experience last longer and send you in the rest of the maze alone.

I did experience an evac when a tree prop had fallen over resulting in the scene we was in (the Neegan scene where I was about to be picked to face it alone) to be evacuated along with the other 25+ actors.

Overall I did enjoy the maze. Whether or not it really needs the "Extreme" tagine is debatable, I did have some close encounters but then at other times I had nothing. If the actors inside were a bit more intimidating and pressuring, I could see it deserving the extreme name. I did enjoy the Maze a lot and found it a great improvement over last years addition. Minor issues like batching into the tunnel far too early resulting in a dark, uncomfortable wait. Paired this with the hit & miss interactions, I still think this maze needs some work but with a more permanent signage and queue line, I think this maze is here to stay for a while and I am honestly excited to see what they do with it in the future.
Swarm Chris

DeadJack5 wrote: I did experience an evac when a [...] prop had fallen over...
Well I guess they really meant it when they said it wasn't coming back :lol.

Glad they were still pinning people in places. On the quieter runs last week, the majority of people got stuck in places and one particular walkway was impossible to get through without being pinned.

So now that it's all over I'll share some of my experiences, particularly mid way through, from last week when the park was pretty empty.
Spoiler
Half way through there is a room with a saviour. On my runs this was manned by two people. A woman who played a fairly crazy character who would shout, scream and bang against the walls with a machete (a rubber one thankfully as did get accidentally smacked with it at one point). The other was a guy who would frequently hide then step out as people came through and often had a walker on call for his part.

I ran into the guy several times and got placed in the interrogation seat. Had to wait a while until the following group passed through, but then the integration happened and he wanted me to go get supplies just for him. When the walker staggered in he - fairly literally - threw the walker against the wall to "protect" me, so I could go get him his stuff.

Well I did the run through several more times. One time I became a spectator to someone else's integration - it didn't go well for them. But later times the same guy recognised me. So the story expanded, more stuff now needed and getting annoyed with excuses.

The last run was the best, as I figured couldn't just keep making excuses. So when he saw me and demanded his stuff, I told him I'd thought about it and that I wasn't working for Negan any more (or words to that affect...). He was taken aback for maybe a second, but then went straight into anger mode and "sit in the chair". Next thing his on-call walker came in, the saviour grabbed the walker and threw him at me.

So yes, I died in Living Nightmare Extreme. Eaten by a walker in the interrogation chair.

:lol
Swarm Chris

Some sad language being used by Thorpe Park Twitter. Gone is the usage of "under redevelopment":
a-sad-sad-day.png
https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/1003537845053730817
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan says hi

Not sure if this is recent or not, but Vortex is no longer on the queue times section of the Thorpe Park app. Not sure if this is just because it’s currently closed but Quantum wasn’t taken off the app when it was closed for a long period earlier this year.
Robert.W

Uh oh.. a bit worrying that :-k

Swarm Chris

I saw them mention it on Twitter and they suggested it should be.

It's currently listed on http://www.thorpepark.tv, which is Thorpe's official web version.
DeadJack5

Sorry to just break the conversation flow for just a second but Thorpe do need to consider improving their parking as soon as. They suffered the same fault as a few days ago and was stuck in the car park for 3/4 hour. The barriers I don't think were working correctly so was stuck for a long period of time in the car park.

The system seriously needs to be rethought. It's extremely frustrating for visitors as I'm sure it is for the staff having to step in and become a temporary solution.

Back to the ride situation, I think it had been having problems for a while, it was working a few weeks back but at the end of our stay they were working on the Ride's restraints. I'm not sure if this related to the problem but so seats were blocked off on the ride.
Swarm Chris

DeadJack5 wrote:They suffered the same fault as a few days ago and was stuck in the car park for 3/4 hour. The barriers I don't think were working correctly so was stuck for a long period of time in the car park.
Management really taking ownership of the problem then. Saw complaints online of the entrance ticketing system also still taking 2 hours plus to get people through.

The barcode scanners they use are some of the worst they could find as it can take a lot of persuading just to get them to accept an annual pass.

Concerned about this Saturday now then. Wonder if I can just stay in Fin's for an hour or two rather than battle with the car park...

Edit: Seeing Chessington having the same issues tonight, I think the gates are working exactly as they have been designed to: terribly.
DeadJack5

TPC wrote:Concerned about this Saturday now then. Wonder if I can just stay in Fin's for an hour or two rather than battle with the car park...
I would wait and hold back if you can. I waited just over an hour after park close and that was my situation. If you can afford to wait, i would say it would be best to.
Swarm Chris

DeadJack5 wrote:
TPC wrote:Concerned about this Saturday now then. Wonder if I can just stay in Fin's for an hour or two rather than battle with the car park...
I would wait and hold back if you can. I waited just over an hour after park close and that was my situation. If you can afford to wait, i would say it would be best to.
I may just do that. Have left earlier on some of the busier days, but if it looks crazy I might just hang out in the dome until it clears.
SmileAlways

So just a small update. I’m at the park this week and yesterday the tv in the Dome said Vortex was on 5mins as did the time board at the ride, however it was definitely closed as there were step ladders at the centre of the ride. We haven’t been given much information when we asked aside from maintenance and that it’s removal from the app was most likely accidental when they removed Living Nightmare and I’m A Celebrity. We heard what could have been them working on it after park close yesterday evening and my friends have said that the ladders have since been removed as of this morning.

As for other rides. Rush has a case of one arm going higher than the other, the one closest the dome goes significantly higher. Samurai was down for a good portion of the day until around 3-3:30pm when it opened with one arm remaining empty.
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98
Swarm Chris

SmileAlways wrote:... the tv in the Dome said Vortex was on 5mins as did the time board at the ride, however it was definitely closed as there were step ladders at the centre of the ride....
This could be another reason to remove it from the app, if the queue times for it are showing up incorrectly!

But sounds like it has now risen to the top of maintenance's job list, which is more positive.
DeadJack5

Just a quick one, does anyone know the easiest way to get to Monk's walk and where is nearby to park whilst going through the walk?
Justin

I haven't been down it, but it appears Monks Walk starts in the village of Thorpe, on Coldharbour Lane. The entrance is next to Thorpe Village Hall and St Mary's Church and lasts for 1.5 miles :)