The Future of Oblivion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Bert

Mickeyray wrote:In my honest opinion, Oblivion needs a retheme. It doesn't need changing physically. Smiler has a theme with uniforms, Oblivion needs that too. It may be old but I see so many people and kids going on for the first time and in my view it is not 'old.' Just outdated and need a retheme. Nemesis is old too and I still love it having first rode it way back when it first opened and I'm never tired of it. 
It's not meant to look 'new', it's supposed to be retro. Even in the 90's it was supposed to look retro. 
If you want a modern take on Oblivion I suggest you visit Gardaland, They have reimagined version of Oblivion.
[Insert Signature Here]
Justin

I do believe it is meant to look retro, but I do believe it needs a slight refresh. Not with the theme, but just the overall aesthetics of the station and queue line. X-Sell also needs to make a return, or made into a new catering outlet. How about X-Press Coffee Lounge?
Robert.W

It needs some more of that TLC, because let's face it, some areas are looking a bit worse for ware and just painting the bins and handrails along the queue doesn't fix that.

Swarm Chris

It also needs the steps opened up on quiet days so you don't need to walk around-and-around-and-around to get on!

Also maybe move the vending machines from behind the barrier :lol
elisa.lloyd

I love Oblivion as it was the first coaster I had ever been on at Alton Towers when it first opened all those years ago. I was at AT on Monday and Oblivion is just as scary. It could use a little tlc and I’d love to hear the voice as you hang over the edge make a reappearance. I miss that it definitely enhanced the experience!
Wagstaff04

The voice won’t come back. It was removed due to noise complaints by locals. 
elisa.lloyd

Oh I see that’s why they had to get rid of it. It sure was cool though guess if I lived near by and had to hear it all day I might feel differently lol
Robert.W

The noise was likely barely noticeable... god help them silly people if they move to the city!

Dan

Robert.W wrote:The noise was likely barely noticeable... god help them silly people if they move to the city!
It was the reaction of riders to the sound effect at the top of the drop that caused the increased noise levels, not the sound effect itself.
elisa.lloyd

I still scream at the moment of the drop lol sure others must as well how much noisier can it be with the sound? But again I’m not a local resident so can’t really say I know what it’s like living with these things(don’t think I’d mind though lol)
Mikw

elisa.lloyd wrote:I still scream at the moment of the drop lol sure others must as well how much noisier can it be with the sound? But again I’m not a local resident so can’t really say I know what it’s like living with these things(don’t think I’d mind though lol)
I''d love it if i lived nearby and could hear the noise. I could walk into the park then!
Mickeyray

Every time I go on Oblivion when I get to the top I look around at the houses in the distance and wished one of them was mine...
elisa.lloyd

Mikw wrote:
elisa.lloyd wrote:I still scream at the moment of the drop lol sure others must as well how much noisier can it be with the sound? But again I’m not a local resident so can’t really say I know what it’s like living with these things(don’t think I’d mind though lol)
I''d love it if i lived nearby and could hear the noise. I could walk into the park then!
How great would it be to be able to walk over to the park anytime lol I’d love it :-) :-) :-)
wamdue

Mickeyray wrote:Every time I go on Oblivion when I get to the top I look around at the houses in the distance and wished one of them was mine...
Could you be any more British right now? On a rollercoaster, and thinking about the location of a future house purchase.
Justin

You do get some very good views from the top of Oblivion. The area around Alton looks amazing!
Ben-

In my opinion the whole back of the X Sector needs a bit of TLC, it's looking a bit grey ever since Submission left  :cry:. I know its supposed to be retro but couldn't it be updated with more soundracks and more just emphesize that its retro, Oblivion being one of my favourites, I just think more people need to know it's retro (But definatly keep that video :love it's so nostalgic, and gives me chills. Maybe update the entrance/entrance sign?

Ben.
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
owengm123

20th anniversary of the original dive coaster can't be missed!
Justin

It is this year though!?
PhNx Survivor

owengm123 wrote:20th anniversary of the original dive coaster can't be missed!
Looks like you missed it :lol

There’s always the 30th anniversary aye? ;)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
cookiee_munster

Hearing the rumour of Nemesis getting an overhaul/re-track I'd love to see the possibility of Oblivion receive the same attention in a few years’ time, BUT... just after the tunnel, I’d love it if they added a new element like a barrel roll or something.

Back in its day, the whole world’s first vertical drop element was pretty special, now it seems to be a pretty standard thing for most rollercoasters (smiler has that vertical lift hill) it’d be nice to see Oblivion receive something extra.