Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Merlin hotel rooms with the printed carpet and walls can look quite cluttered / in your face. First noticed this with the Moon Voyager rooms at ATR

Guess it's what makes them different though!
Bert

Looks old but does anyone know the meaning behind this?
[Insert Signature Here]
Robert.W

Chessington are now also advising that ride availability may be limited due to the forecasted weather, but the park will be open as normal.

Dom

Bert2theSpark wrote:Image

Looks old but does anyone know the meaning behind this?
It looks like it was something that could have been conceived before Tiger Rock. They probably thought it was the wrong ride for what is Chessington's target market and therefore ditched the idea and came up with what they have now :)
Dan

As detailed on SouthParks News, Chessington World of Adventures have been nominated in this years SCAR awards, with Creepy Caves Unearthed being nominated for ‘Best Set, Costume
and Make-Up’ and ‘Best Original Concept’
Jared

It's a concept that was drawn up by John Burton. It's not an official concept and one that was put together before he went on to work for Merlin Entertainments.
JC13

For anyone who got to do it, what was Creepy Caves like?
Justin

The other week, Studio FortyThree posted some images from the Tiger Rock construction at Chessington World of Adventures. Their website also includes a "Cleaned up 3D scan of original concept model with additional detail sculpting."

Robert.W

Well, I have to say, that looks pretty cool! Can't wait to see it all finished! :)

Justin

I'm hoping it brings the charm back to the area. When they removed that iconic facia a few years back, the area didn't feel the same and it felt very tired and Dragon Falls felt very much like a standard log flume. Seeing this work being done excites me. I'm sure it will be a great addition, especially after hearing some of the teasers from the TTSP Spring Spectacular event!
Robert.W

Just a few pictures of the new Land of the Tiger. :)

This picture from Chessington Buzz shows the new entrance to the land!

And these pictures by Theme Park Guide show new theming around the land, as well as the Tiger Rock itself!

Chris
Admin
Admin

Looks great. I really hope they demolish / repaint the old rockwork in the foreground. Rather yucky!
Justin

That frame is interesting. I wonder what this is for as it looks permanent. I doubt they will get rid of the wall. Hopefully they'll paint it!
Luce

I'm liking this too and I look forward to going on it once finished :)
Robert.W

I really hope they do do something with that old bit of rockwork. Really doesn't look that good, and does detract from the fresh new look of Tiger Rock somewhat. Even if it's just a quick paint to match the newer colour scheme of the Tiger Rock, that might disguise it enough so that it isn't as easy to notice. 

Dan

As posted on SouthParks Facebook; The rockwork formation surrounding Tiger Rock’s main drop is almost complete. Who likes the look of the tiger shaped theming?

There’s not much longer to wait until Land of the Tiger opens at Chessington World of Adventures Resort on May 5th!

Justin

It looks really nice. It is really good to see them rejuvenate the area!
Jared

Dan wrote:As posted on SouthParks Facebook; The rockwork formation surrounding Tiger Rock’s main drop is almost complete. Image
Just to confirm, it's not 'Almost' complete. Land of the Tiger is complete bar snagging which is on going by the contractors.
streetmagix

Along with the (I think rather nice) theming does anyone know if the ride mechanics are getting a refresh? It felt like it was on its last legs when I rode it before it closed.
Justin

I am unsure about the mechanics, but the ride will have additional effects installed.