Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
jackf1tz

Anybody think we might get a BBFC 12A à la Nemesis: Sub Terra?
Ben-

But are you still allowed on it if you’re under 13? I get these things confused. I can go on it, but I have the mental age of a 5 year old so is that a suggestion or is it a rule?
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
Robert.W

Thorpe Park have decided to close the park over the weekend, due to the weather forecast.
https://mobile.twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/974334030828228608

Dan

Robert.W wrote:Thorpe Park have decided to close the park over the weekend, due to the weather forecast.
https://mobile.twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/974334030828228608
Not quite ;)
Because of the forecasted weather we may have to close THORPE PARK Resort this weekend.
Having the highest concentration of thrill rides in the UK, drops in temperature and high winds affect our ability to operate our coasters.
We’ll update you as soon as we can tomorrow.
Robert.W

My mistake haha! Read it too quickly probably.

Bert

Thorpe Park 2018 map, It features a new area called 'The Dock Yard' with DBGT and The Walking Dead:The Ride. 
[Insert Signature Here]
Nickolai

I thought the name didn’t make sense but I guess it could be linked to the darker side of Amity maybe?
Formally Smiler313
ThemeCrafter264

Well it fits the island theme with boats and the themes are dark/ industrial. Literally, the best explanation I have heard.
Dungeon-X-Smile

I think that the Dock Yard has something to do with the safe zone in the Walking Dead ride, where you maybe have to get to the safe zone because it's an 'island' and the zombies can't swim so they can't get there (haven't seen walking dead but sometimes this is used as an excuse that an area is safe). 

Something else I noticed that I find it rather strange is that none of the names are next to the rollercoasters on the map. I understand why, because a lot of parks do it, but it doesn't make the rollercoasters look as grand and I much rather prefer when at least the main rides have their names next to them. 
Justin

The Dockyard works well with the DBGT warehouse. Hopefully, they will add some more small touches to the area too.
Dom

Yeah, I don't get The Dockyard. A dockyard is an area for maintaining and repairing ships, yet its DBGT and TWD and in the middle of the island, all of which (i'm assuming with regards to TWD) have nothing to do with boats. The Yard or The Train Yard would have worked better, but its just a name I guess
Justin

I associate it more with Amity. It is also close to the Mega Store which has a shipping theme, along with KFC and the crashed shark. With the Island being surrounded by water, then this very loosely ties in. Nothing will change as Thorpe's areas are not as clear as Alton's. I do like The Train Yard though! :)
Dungeon-X-Smile

Personally, I don't think Thorpe are the best at naming their sections. Old Town has always managed to get on my nerves, that one doesn't seem to fit either, just like Dockyard. That said, I do like the names Lost City and Amity, and those do work. I agree with Dom that Yard would be more effective, but we can't count out Walking Dead for this name change, I still think that it will have something to do with docks, I mean that has to be the only reason for the strange name? 
ScareTOUR

Guys - I think you're all gonna be a bit surprised by this when it opens. I was part of the event with Jordan and there are some really fun elements to this ride, before, during and after the main ride experience. And it's not just a quick retheme and a splash of gloomy paint - the attraction tells a full story from beginning to end. Just remember - we're not in Atlanta anymore....
Ben-

ScareTOUR wrote:Guys - I think you're all gonna be a bit surprised by this when it opens. I was part of the event with Jordan and there are some really fun elements to this ride, before, during and after the main ride experience. And it's not just a quick retheme and a splash of gloomy paint - the attraction tells a full story from beginning to end. Just remember - we're not in Atlanta anymore....
Sounds neat! I think i have completely underestimated thorpe here. Are you allowed to tell us anything about the ride? Probably not, if so can you at least tell me how scary it is? I dont do that well with jumpscares  :O
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
The Nemesis Fox

Does anyone know what’s happening with Rush?
We were told last year that it like slammer would be SBNO. We were then told it would return 2018 following a replacement part being fitted. We were given updates that it had been paired but now there’s no news on it. What is happening with this ride as it has been removed off of queue times. Surely if it were to open it would stay on like the scare mazes have. Does anyone know what’s happening with Rush?
EDIT- I’m a Celeb and Rumba are also absent so Rush will probably be similar.
Joel Allen

I believe it has re-opened today after testing this morning :) Same with Im a Celeb and Rumba
Danny

It seems strange that they have introduced the ‘live actor attraction’ category, but TWD:TR doesn’t include this. With it being the year of the walking dead and the new ride themed around them, surely it would be standard that we get actual walkers within the attraction? Unless they have some sort of alternative, this is disappointing.
Justin

In what can be dubbed as 'Thorpe Loving Care', the SouthParks Facebook Page takes a look at some of the improvements made over the closed season.

Colossus Support Repaint & Brickwork Improvements 

Stealth's New Entrance Sign

Tidal Wave Repaint

Vortex

The Swarm

Entrance 

Nickolai

This is very promising that they are now taking action to keep things are good as possible. I particularly like the new entrance ideas.
Formally Smiler313