Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
PhNx Survivor

Wait till Monday.. start of the week.. preparing for the weekend.

If nothing then, I will be confused.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Kraken

ewoodier82 wrote:A week until opening day and still no TV ad, is that normal? Now that we know the opening date I would have thought we would have seen something by now, as I can't really think why we haven't got one yet.
I have to admit, now that Alton Towers have publicly stated the opening date is 17th March, it is odd there is no TV ad - it has been filmed.  Can understand the lack of a TV ad when they were just saying "Spring 2018" for opening, so they could avoid egg on their faces if they needed to delay (as was the case with The Smiler opening).  
I guess TV Ad space has to be booked in advance, so if Alton were relying on Plan B of "Spring 2018" just in case, then other advertisers will have booked the prime slots up.  The main press launch for Wicker Man is on Friday night (16th March) I believe, so expect to see lots of night-time fire & smoke pictures in next weekends papers.  I look forward to riding it next Saturday.  
Owen

The TV ad still has to be edited, had any VFX added and have it’s graphics and CGI material added, so whilst it was filmed before it may have only just been finished more recently.

In the past the TV ad for attractions has even came out the day before opening, so it really could be at any point now!
Dan

Alton Towers have provided us with some of the first on-ride footage of Wicker Man, capturing the reactions of TTSP Team members when they rode during Thursday’s ‘Meet the Maker’ event.

[youtube]cgzlrmIJdSg[/youtube]
Justin

Please note, the above video may contain spoilers!

Whilst we encourage discussion of this video, please use spoiler tags if discussing anything at length that may be seen as a spoiler. :)
PhNx Survivor

Funny how the maintenance shed wasn’t shown.. :-k
Jcoaster

PhNx Survivor wrote:Funny how the maintenance shed wasn’t shown..  :-k
in the Q&A Bradley mentioned how they may be adding something in the shed for opening day so I expect there'll be something in there
Chris
Admin
Admin

The maintenance shed is pitch black - so nothing to see!
Evostance

You know what irks me about the layout/theming of this ride..

The fact that the station exits into the outside, and then goes back down into a tunnel.  It ruins the ambience of the station, and to be honest, from the videos, makes the tunnel look like another concrete air tunnel.
Personally, I'd have kept that bit entirely in the dark until it exits at the bottom of the lift hill.
Keeps the station area dark which adds to the ambience, and adds a bit more suspense to that area of the ride
joshy.brown

Hoping that this question hasn't already been answered as I can't find an answer...

Does anyone have any knowledge on if the Wicker Man ride will operate a single riders queue? Planning to visit the park solo at first this year, so I'm hoping so! :) 

Thanks for any info! :)
MakoMania

joshy.brown wrote:Hoping that this question hasn't already been answered as I can't find an answer...

Does anyone have any knowledge on if the Wicker Man ride will operate a single riders queue? Planning to visit the park solo at first this year, so I'm hoping so! :) 

Thanks for any info! :)
Unfortunately not, single rider queues have been removed on all rides with the exception of Spinball Whizzer to reduce staffing costs and increase fastrack sales.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
theparklifekid

Have the park made a TV advert yet? Or do we think they'll drop it before the school holiday?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
DeadJack5

theparklifekid wrote:Have the park made a TV advert yet? Or do we think they'll drop it before the school holiday?
As said by others, the advert has been recorded a few weeks ago but obviously requires time to edit and create the full advert, I imagine we may see something when the ride opens or a few days before
Ben-

Do you think anything big will be in the shed? I hope so, it will make the ride way better. The shed could look like its on fire! That would be cool what do you think?

Spoiler
(Wait a minute i saw a video which revealed, that infact nothing is in the shed, you go into a dark room, then come back to the stationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFvRYDC1HRQ)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFvRYDC1HRQ
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
Bert

bendaboss wrote:Do you think anything big will be in the shed? I hope so, it will make the ride way better. The shed could look like its on fire! That would be cool what do you think?

Spoiler
(Wait a minute i saw a video which revealed, that infact nothing is in the shed, you go into a dark room, then come back to the stationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFvRYDC1HRQ)
Spoiler
13:45 This video explains that the intention has always been that the Wicker Man has been defeated and him saying 'You will not escape' with audio in the pitch black, however he said that they are looking at creating a bigger effect in the room between now and opening. Personally, Once they move the trigger I think it'll be quite simple and effective trick. The reason they are still working on it is because with Mystic Timbers opening, people were hoping for an extensive post show (Although Wicker Man's sounds better).
[Insert Signature Here]
PhNx Survivor

It could be a possibility that they have left it pitch black so that any effects in the future could still be a surprise for people who have been on it.. I do like how they still haven’t finished with the ride and are adding little details in.. cannot wait for Saturday! Early doors people!
Wildboy

As the end of the ride is meant to suggest escape and defeat of the Wicker Man, I think there should be water vapour in the shed and it should fill with a blue water projection to suggest that the fire has been extinguished.
DAN31

I wonder what kind of queue times we will be looking at opening day/weekend? People will no doubt flood there in droves. And why not it looks incredible!!
Dan

DAN31 wrote:I wonder what kind of queue times we will be looking at opening day/weekend? People will no doubt flood there in droves. And why not it looks incredible!!
On opening day I wouldn’t be surprised to see the queue time peak at around 2 1/2 - 3 hours. The Sunday should be a little quieter but I still expect there to be 2 hour queues for Wicker Man.
Loakin

New teaser time! Anyone got popcorn?

[youtube]pgfIbOoMq1c[/youtube]