Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Capt.Barnacles

I suspect that footage may be from the taller 'tower' like end of the preshow building. A sneak peek at the preshow itself perhaps? Time will tell and until then no one can say for sure.
ScottLann

Not sure if this has already been added in the discussion yet, but I've been thinking about the Soundtrack for Wicker Man. All the videos that we've seen released from AT have all had small snippets of some sort of music. Do we think that all of these together will form the Soundtrack for Wicker Man or do you guys still not think we've heard any of the actual IMAScore sountrack yet? 

Here is a Wicker Man Soundtrack Snippet that someone has put together will all of the existing clips :)
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time
Justin

Credit to the person who has put all the snippets together. If this gives a hint to the final soundtrack then I am pleased. It is unique and very atmospheric, suiting the ride's theme very well. I can't wait to experience it fully when it opens!
JC13

That video is high quality, i think it could be cool if a part like at 1:00 was played in the part of the queue that is kind of in the trees. Probably won’t happen, just my guess
JenRawrRizzle

The promo shots and trains look really impressive. My only gripe is that the ride looks really short unless something amazing happens in the pre-show area. The centrepiece with the big rams head looks very well done. Hopefully the ride whips you at a decent pace over some of those airtime hills and banked turns.
Phild94

JenRawrRizzle wrote:The promo shots and trains look really impressive. My only gripe is that the ride looks really short unless something amazing happens in the pre-show area. The centrepiece with the big rams head looks very well done. Hopefully the ride whips you at a decent pace over some of those airtime hills and banked turns.
So which would you prefer? A fast ride or a long ride!

Personally I don’t mind the length of a ride as long as it’s got some good Gs around the ride
CoasteRJoe3000

I’ve just recently seen a post on Twitter from Coastertouring, that John wardley has ridden Wicker man and has given a short review on his experience. Let’s just say he really enjoyed it, and by what he’s experienced it sounds very promising!
Tom170499

Phild94 wrote:
JenRawrRizzle wrote:The promo shots and trains look really impressive. My only gripe is that the ride looks really short unless something amazing happens in the pre-show area. The centrepiece with the big rams head looks very well done. Hopefully the ride whips you at a decent pace over some of those airtime hills and banked turns.
So which would you prefer? A fast ride or a long ride!

Personally I don’t mind the length of a ride as long as it’s got some good Gs around the ride
Oblivion is proof that a short ride can still be fantastic. 
Phild94

Exactly my point! The ride experience is all to do with the story and novelty of track layout.

Oblivion is a great example of how a simple ride can be brilliant
Capt.Barnacles

CoasteRJoe3000 wrote:I’ve just recently seen a post on Twitter from Coastertouring, that John wardley has ridden Wicker man and has given a short review on his experience. Let’s just say he really enjoyed it, and by what he’s experienced it sounds very promising!
Wardley was on site Monday to ride Wicker Man and provide a briefing for the rides team for the 2018 season. I'm told by some friends there this year that he stated Wicker Man 'surpassed his expectations'. So here's hoping it does the same for everyone else!
Phild94

Capt. Barnacles wrote:
CoasteRJoe3000 wrote:I’ve just recently seen a post on Twitter from Coastertouring, that John wardley has ridden Wicker man and has given a short review on his experience. Let’s just say he really enjoyed it, and by what he’s experienced it sounds very promising!
Wardley was on site Monday to ride Wicker Man and provide a briefing for the rides team for the 2018 season. I'm told by some friends there this year that he stated Wicker Man 'surpassed his expectations'. So here's hoping it does the same for everyone else!
Still not particularly high praise as his original comments were something along the lines of ‘it was a dull unimaginative layout and I would’ve done things very differently’

I hope it is a solid ride though, not even a blockbuster but something which is just fun to ride I.e thirteen
themealgang

Just spotted on Twitter that staff have already taken their ride! 
Capt.Barnacles

Phild94 wrote:
Capt. Barnacles wrote:
Still not particularly high praise as his original comments were something along the lines of ‘it was a dull unimaginative layout and I would’ve done things very differently’

I hope it is a solid ride though, not even a blockbuster but something which is just fun to ride I.e thirteen
Those comments were relating to the original layout he was shown. He had Skyline Attractions (the people who design for GCI) reprofile two parts of the ride, one being the first drop after the lift, and he said at TTSP@15 that he was looking forward to it and thought we'd all enjoy it.
Nickolai

Are the staff in uniform?
Last edited by Nickolai on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formally Smiler313
Phild94

Not knocking it! I look forward to riding this come March! Just saying his initial comments weren’t all too positive.

Still better than expected is good enough for me!
Adam W

Leaks left right and centre on some other forums, I'm not sure how TT feels about staff reviews but if what's been said is true, then wow. The pre-show alone sounds amazing, I feel like we've got something special here.
TheBeornen

Have they gone into actual details or have they just said "a great pre-show"?
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Adam W

Actual details on the preshow and some odd pictures of the ride here and there. I feel like this ride's upkeep is really gonna be make or break with all these effects.
Justin

Adam W wrote:Leaks left right and centre on some other forums, I'm not sure how TT feels about staff reviews but if what's been said is true, then wow. The pre-show alone sounds amazing, I feel like we've got something special here.
We are aware of the images and details emerging from the staff previews, however, be mindful that staff have signed Non Disclosure Agreements, so anything said is done so at their own risk.
ROYJESS

I've keep away from any leaked spoilers on other sites, I don't want to know as I want to ride this first hand.