Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
T0mPr1ce

May I add, regarding the speed, the train is only half full with water dummies..
Phild94

T0mPr1ce wrote:May I add, regarding the speed, the train is only half full with water dummies..
That’s a seriously good point... this thing could absolutely fly!
Froboi

That train is still going at some speed tho!!
Nickolai

It could be going at exactly the same speed as the drone footage but because it is at ground level it seems faster  :P. I am really liking this little bit of testing footage and it gives hope for it to be an exciting ride!
Formally Smiler313
Uttox83

I was worried that the effects might not live up to the hype but the lights in the wickerman teamed with the smoke makes it look like its burning as the carriages pass through.. Like people have noted, only half full.. That thing is going to fly round the track :o)
PhNx Survivor

You also have to bear in mind.. if the train is going that speed on that section of track, with a half full train..

Imagine the speed coming out of those 2 sound tunnels, with that extreme banked turn and to the turn with the camera.. it is going to be quite a spectacular thing to witness!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
NemesisRider

That video has me a lot more optimistic! That looks like a lot better speed - maybe it could run even faster on a full train? Also, the effects look pretty awesome! My hype levels are about as high as they're going to get! :lol
razgriz33

New video up! :) Doesn't show anything, just a hype trailer really...

[youtube]5rIH_UD5g4w[/youtube]
RubyGaga

is that a soundtrack preview I hear? or just dramatic drumming for hype
ScottLann

I am honestly so excited for this! Even at day time, the effects look great and I love how they are still using mist even if it isn't as much shown on the pictures a few days ago.
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time
Robert.W

I too am really impressed with what we have seen lately. The quality of the theming looks really good, the effects look fantastic in both light and dark environments, and the ride looks much faster than I expected it would! Can't wait to ride it! :)

PhNx Survivor

Doesn't show anything?? Are you joking? :lol

That soundtrack! I hope to God that is the audio for this ride, has a really good vibe towards it.. plus that spinning room/camera?? What could that be? There is definitely something about this ride that we don't know, that trailer brings so much hype! I suspect we will be receiving an advert sooner than we think! I'm so excited now for this ride!

EDIT: freeze the video at 0:15.. looks to be entering a tunnel, preferably the last tunnel at a slow speed.. hard to tell to be honest but you can see the structure of the entrance for a split second.

freeze at 0:20:25 you can see something which looks like a box of some form, or an entrance/exit.. different to the wood, and if you freeze at 0:20:75 (or so) you can see a green light, which looks to be a fire exit sign.. might just be me.
Robert.W

I agree, I'm quite curious as to why they keep showing the spinning thing... there must be something to it for them to keep showing us it... also, at the very end of the video, there is what appears to be a close up of the ram head on one of the ride trains. :)

DeadJack5

I imagine this is now the start of ride teasers and press to come for the ride.

The audio I imagine is just part of the whole soundtrack, made up of other audio clips we have heard already a bit like Ghost Train at Thorpe Park's lengthy soundtrack made of individual audio clips. I do really like the audio, it does fit the mood and theme extremely well.

I have been thinking this for a while and I do think there will be something happening in that last tunnel/room. This is just my opinion and theory on it so please take it lightly.
Spoiler
Inside I think you'll stop and like in the video you will rotate. Whether this is an actual motion track that rotates or maybe screens placed around the room to simulate the rotating, if its as true to the video as its making out, this could happen

The only other theory I have is you'll stop in the tunnel room and the room will be set on fire with the use of effects, lighting, smells and whatever else to simulate the sensation of being set a light. I'm not sure how this will fit in with the entire ride experience/story but it's an idea.
Still very excited and the opening grows ever closer.
Dom

I really hope the spinning doesn't hint at things otherwise I will have to close my eyes and miss out on it, which really wouldn't be fair to those who can't do spinning
NemesisRider

Calling it: it's a washing machine in the preshow :lol

In reality, I'm unsure if this is intentional or if we're looking too far into it. Could be something fire related though in the preshow, if I was guessing.
Phild94

I’m not sure that there would be space for a large turntable like device in the maintenance shed, especially with the required space for “Maintenance”.

Besides, I think we would have seen this during main construction as it would make more sense to put this type of mechanism in before the roof/walls were built

EDIT: Image Amended

I can’t see any additional workings beneath the track in this image (courtesy of TT of course)
Last edited by Phild94 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert.W

Isn't that the station and the maintenance area the bigger building behind / next to the station?

Phild94

Robert.W wrote:Isn't that the station and the maintenance area the bigger building behind / next to the station?
Yeah you’re right! I’ve seen an image somewhere and thought that was the one!

Image now amended
PhNx Survivor

It is odd that the 2 teasers now have had that spinning camera/room.. I don't personally think it'll be in the Maintennce Shed as there is hardly any room for such a device like you say..

Maybe in the pre-show area? Or maybe it's just showing you a quick glance in the pre-show area with the camera spinning around! Less than 4 weeks till we find out :P