Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
MakoMania

TheSmilerMan wrote:Sorry to disappoint but I don’t we will see it until April/May, April being the earliest, there’s still quite a way to go with the whole coaster and then tidying up and possible theming to go in. I’m open to being wrong but trying to be realistic. I do howev think if Blackpool don’t start a substantial marketing campaign soon they won’t recieve the hype or response I think they are expecting. 
According to many people in the know the park are currently aiming for a late March opening with the track expected to be fully completed in January. May is too pesimistic considering how quickly the ride is progressing, they've done about 50% of the track in just one month.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Ryan.B

What is the deal with the boarding passes? Do you need to get one to ride?
MakoMania

Ryan.B wrote:What is the deal with the boarding passes? Do you need to get one to ride?
No, Icon is included in regular 2018 wristbands. A regular boarding pass gives you access to the park (normally £6) plus one ride on Icon and a limited edition certificate. The VIP boarding pass gives park access and allows you to experience Icon before the park opens on selected dates that are yet to be confirmed.
Liam.W

What's the quietest time to visit BPB? Am I right in thinking September once the schools have gone back?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

ROYJESS

September is good, it's usually the time that I visit.  Beware that kids might still be off the first week back due to teacher's training days.  On a positive note, the illuminations are on and are worth seeing
Tom170499

I visited this year in October during the week (a Friday I think) and all rides were walk on. The Big One has its back two carriages closed off with sand bags because there weren’t enough people queuing to fill the train. Also, the last week of April is usually quiet.
MakoMania

Liam.W wrote:What's the quietest time to visit BPB? Am I right in thinking September once the schools have gone back?
Non school holiday weekdays throughout the season are usually very quiet.
NemesisRider

Obviously, Icon construction is well underway! Here's a few pics I got today. The first picture shows the constructed Immelmann, and the next two show the track in the car park. Someone with more time and a better attention span than me can probably tell you what bit of track corresponds to which part of the layout, but I can definitely see some launch track there (the straight and thick spine section).

ImageImageImage
MakoMania

Blackpool Pleasure Beach have released their opening times for the entire 2018 season:

11am-5pm during WOW weekends as usual.

"Walk on" days (as I like to call them) during the main season have 11am-5pm opening times. All other dates open at 10am.

Quiet days have a 5pm ride close, medium have 6pm and peak have 7pm. There are also several 10pm close fireworks nights throughout the season from June to November.
cubwolf

Just seen a post on FB suggesting the Wild Mouse is no more? I cant say i know the park that well to see if the pictures correct but what a shame if its gone?

Liam.W

NO NO NO!!! 

I'm absolutely devastated if it is gone for good. It was one of my favourites at the park :cry: The airtime on it is better than Shambhala :lol 
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Zach

In a shocking turn of events no one could have predicted, BPB have indeed closed the famous Wild Mouse, which has been confirmed in a statement from BPB themselves published by The rollercoaster club of Great Britain - 

“STATEMENT FROM BLACKPOOL PLEASURE BEACH

After very careful consideration and planning, our current winter work programme has seen the permanent closure and dismantling of the Wild Mouse and the removal of the facade of the former Trauma Tower attractions.  This will create an area for future exciting developments.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach is a constantly evolving amusement park and has been for the past 122 years.  The changes it has seen over the years are what has made it the great park it is today. This, coupled with a relatively small amount of space, means that in order to progress and look to the future we occasionally need to alter the landscape of the park to make way for future developments.”

Sad news but good to hear them are thinking about the future, what are your thoughts? 
Teammaddiz

Very disappointing, by far my favourite coaster at the park and most certainly one of my favourites altogether. I'm not too familiar with how BPB operates but not having any sort of word regarding its removal before the closed season leads me to believe there were intentions to remove it anyway but a significant issue with the coaster during winter maintenance meant it was only logical to remove it now rather than try and fix it to remove it in a few more months. Very sad nonetheless.
ROYJESS

Noooo!

One of my favourite rides, I will miss riding this

RIP Mouse  :cry:
MakoMania

Zach wrote:In a shocking turn of events no one could have predicted 
Its closure has been strongly speculated for months due to it being closed since mid August.

It seems that they can no longer find an insurer that is willing to cover the ride :(
Zach

MakoMania wrote:
Its closure has been strongly speculated for months due to it being closed since mid August.

It seems that they can no longer find an insurer that is willing to cover the ride :(
I hadn’t seen anything of it, seems neither had others as they too were shocked to see it gone, guess not as strongly speculated as you’d think.

Something barely anyone expected, if you knew different, you were in a minority.
Owen

I’m more annoyed in that by all accounts, they seemed to be planning to keep this a secret seeing as the park opens next month.

Considering how loved the attraction is I think it’s a little harsh to allow people to turn up and discover one of their favourite Coaster is now not even there...
MakoMania

Zach wrote:
MakoMania wrote:

I hadn’t seen anything of it, seems neither had others as they too were shocked to see it gone, guess not as strongly speculated as you’d think.

Something barely anyone expected, if you knew different, you were in a minority.
It's been discussed for ages on the TowersStreet forum for example, Coasterforce I think as well.
Luce

It is such a shame that a classic coaster has been removed and like others, I will miss it as it was one of the maddest coasters I've been on. However, I look forward to seeing what happens to that space.
Nickolai

I never got to experience this gem of a coaster however I am sure Amanda Thompson and the crew have something even better to replace in the future. I am not surprised about all the 'hoo haa' because Corkscrew received a lot of love from people before it departed to make way for TH13TEEN.
Formally Smiler313