Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
RobJackson85

PhNx Survivor wrote:The only difference I can tell from those on Mystic Timbers, and on SW8, they face the opposite direction from that on Mystic Timbers, than on SW8.. I'm not saying they are anti-rollback.. things.. but I understand why they could of been anti-rollback.. things (what are they?). because on Mystic Timbers from that picture they couldn't be?
AS others had pointed out, they are just something GCI do on their rides while under construction. Just looking at them you can tell there is no substance to them a 1"x1" piece of wood would not hold back a full train, Ok a few together may stand up better, but either way wooden anti-rollbacks would be a no go.
Justin

Is anyone planning on staying for a winter break or February half term at Alton? I'm sure with Sealife being open then it will be an ideal opportunity to see the site?
Burgertaster

I took this photo this afternoon from the coach park the light was going so the photo is grainy but this is clearly a wicker man with horns. This is about 2 meters tall so it is probably for entrance or station theming.
 Image a
Cred count: 65
Dan

Great spot, thanks for sharing!
Dom

Is it me or does it look like there is a mouse of something there too?
Burgertaster

There was no mouse Dom, there were curly ram horns from the side of his head and it looks like tree branches coming from his shoulders.
Cred count: 65
118hazaman

It's great to see that additional theming will be placed around the ride, other than the large structure.
demz_4

Kind of upset it looks a bit happy lol! Was expecting it to be a bit more horror like, or a skull like design instead of it being an actual human feature head design. It’s defo a miniature version of the main themeing element I can tell the facial features are the same as the tarp covered version. I can’t un-see ‘the head’ off of the children’s programme art attack lmao! I’ve probably just ruined the whole way I look at this forever haha.
cookiee_munster

demz_4 wrote:Kind of upset it looks a bit happy lol! Was expecting it to be a bit more horror like, or a skull like design instead of it being an actual human feature head design. It’s defo a miniature version of the main themeing element I can tell the facial features are the same as the tarp covered version. I can’t un-see ‘the head’ off of the children’s programme art attack lmao! I’ve probably just ruined the whole way I look at this forever haha.
HAHA! omg, now i can't un-see it! :p
simononestop

let me see! lol the image link doesn't work?
ROYJESS

Do not use photobucket to post pics unless you intend to pay the $400 a year ransom  #-o

Photo taken by Burgertaster

Liam.W

Just me or does it look like a 3D printed chocolate head?

Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Loakin

It looks like the BFG. And is also an extremely similar shape to the existing main theming structure that has been covered up for ages.
BigAlan

It reminds me of the monster from a monster calls.
I think the film is unrelated but the monster does looks similar.
Justin

I wonder if it will be similar in posture as it certainly completes the look, but more woukd have to be added to the structure over the closed season. I could see something similar, but I expect it will be pushing itself out of the ground as it awakes.
Adam W

I'm wondering where this guy is gonna go? He's pretty big anyway but I have no idea where they could put him.
Dan

Adam W wrote:I'm wondering where this guy is gonna go? He's pretty big anyway but I have no idea where they could put him.
I could see him being part of the ride entrance structure and that we’ll walk under him as we enter the queue line.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Dan wrote:
Adam W wrote:I'm wondering where this guy is gonna go? He's pretty big anyway but I have no idea where they could put him.
I could see him being part of the ride entrance structure and that we’ll walk under him as we enter the queue line.
It could however look a bit odd to have a small version of the wicker man almost directly next to the actual theming element.
Robert.W

I'm thinking it could possibly be something for the pre show. 

JC13

Robert.W wrote:I'm thinking it could possibly be something for the pre show. 
I hadn’t thought of that! That could work well, if there was a screen showing a video and then a light shines onto the statue, with a screen behind it showing flames rising, it might not work, but it could!