Tuesday 17th October Construction Update

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Chris
Admin
Admin

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Rockwork looks good.
Capt.Barnacles

Good to see they're finally preparing the shop foundation! Looks like everything is staying true to plans with this one, unlike another secret weapon we could name :sus:
MakoMania

This is looking like a really fun coaster now, I just hope they maintain it well. Merlin and maintain don't always see eye to eye.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
simononestop

second picture photo bomb! lol
Aidan Lowe

simononestop wrote:second picture photo bomb! lol
Do you know what at that point in time he saw I was taking pictures, stopped & moved out of view while I finished taking a few pics. Incredibly polite as they had a job to do and there was like 6-7 of them along that footpath behind him. Seeing as he was so kind I featured him.
Aidan Lowe

Sorry for the double post but looking back again at a picture before they installed the head this below was snapped. After seeing the completed piece under the sheets it is most definitely as others have suggested & illustrated a face facing towards the sky ride while the back of the head has the ram horns.

Robert.W

Great pictures Aidan! This is already looking amazing nearly six months before next season! I can't wait to ride this ride when it opens, the themeing alone just looks incredible! 

ROYJESS

Aidan Lowe wrote:Tuesday 17th October Construction Update

Over the past few weeks there is a couple of things that I've notice about the structure.  It has a service ladder inside which indicates that there will be more to the structure than meets the eye.  Maybe to service some form of special effects?  The other thing I've also notice that is strange, and maybe I'm looking too much into it.  The track entering the structure has not been built and comes to a sudden stop?  Is there something that we don't know like a gimmick (worlds first) or have they just delayed adding the joining track at the moment?  From a construction point of view, to join a new section without staggering the wood (if you get what I mean) is not the strongest way to do it, unless there is something that we don't know?
Chris
Admin
Admin

There's definitely a washing machine element inside it! :P

In all seriousness, there's no reason why they have not constructed the track inside other than the structure has been heavily under construction up until now, blocking access through it. You can now see where the track is being built inside it, shown in the above photo.
simononestop

Worlds first coaster to jump from track to track  ](*,)
mikecloud

Has anyone got a pic of the "unfinished" track through the themeing element from the station side? Does anyone know what length of track is missing?

Could we see a potential anti-clockwise barrel roll through the themeing element here? Is there enough room? It would make sense for Alton to complete this after the gates shut for winter break.

Remember that AT hid a number of inversions from the Smiler so plans may not be 100% accurate. 
Capt.Barnacles

0 chance. The bents are already in place and have been since long before the theming element first got covered up months ago. It's just a drop through the structure.
Aidan Lowe

Few more pics from yesterday:

Roofing is being added now to the games unit in the first pic, second pic you can see rockwork & nice paving near the operations unit? for the theming structure as well as some large black things. Also, the elevated part is now looking like part of the queue line at the bottom of the picture. Third pic another view of the shop foundation, those black things, the rockwork & station.

demz_4

The black things look like piles of that rubber/plastic floor tile square things that join together? I wonder if it could be that and what that would be for if so
simononestop

yeah looks like a black landscaping/ membrane for a path or something? like a stabilisation material
Capt.Barnacles

It's interesting all that stuff is there NOW, considering there's been LOADS of black plastic 'crates' and pipes just sitting near the old flume entrance for several months now. Be interesting to see if it's those if the stuff isn't there anymore.
cactuselves

Capt. Barnacles wrote:0 chance. The bents are already in place and have been since long before the theming element first got covered up months ago. It's just a drop through the structure.
Was on park today and can confirm that the bents for the track have now been completed entering the "chest" of the wickerman. They have placed two steel beams with bents on top so that the apparent gap shown on Aidens photos isn't there anymore. Looks like there is a small airtime hill as you enter the wickerman and a drop through him so will give a great headchopper moment.
mikecloud

Thanks.

Would have been a cool effect to go in-through the themeing element upside down and heading into that helix turn - but knew it was a next to zero chance. 

It was quite a gap though! 
Danny

This is already such a picturesque ride already! Loving the rockwork and the buildings, but when are they going to unveil this wickerman?! :P