Thorpe Park Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Bert

I could see a B&M/Mack Hyper/Giga coaster fit in between Loggers Leap and the entrance. 
I mean it would have it's station and lift hill where Loggers Leap is and have a curved drop and go into a bunch of Airtime hills over the lake then go over the bridge into a hammerhead turn and under the bridge before going into more airtime hills before hitting the brakes. 

However one problem with having a ride over the lake would be laying footers. 

But what do you lot think?
[Insert Signature Here]
streetmagix

As far as I know the lake is owned by someone else and is in constant use. I don't think they'd be able to install anything substantial over water :(

That picture also shows just how tiny the bridge is compared to the rest of Thorpe Park, I really really hope they plan to replace it. 
JamieDeath

Anyone know what's going on with Rush? Seems to have been shut for a long time. Also have they actually started removing any parts of Slammer yet? Or could they change their mind and re-open it.
theparklifekid

Was on park today so I can answer both.

Rush is apparently having a cable used to help it swing replaced, verious repair equipment is scattered around the arms.

Slammer is SBNO currently, the only thing removed is it's sign and it on the map.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
streetmagix

Here's a few pictures I took yesterday of Rush, looks like all the cables are being replaced on it: https://imgur.com/a/grbzd
theparklifekid

Yesterday I had the worst ride I've ever had on Colossus, I had a gigantic headache and had to sit down and rest for a bit. Probably gonna avoid it next time, I think the ride needs ether new trains (Altair style), retrack or just scrap it. Don't know why the GP flock to this ride.

Also I heard the new soundtrack by IMAscore, not really a fan, its basically a remix of the island theme. Much preferred the old one.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Dan says hi

Thorpe is getting so much stick on social media this morning after their power cut. It seems like operations have been quite abysmal with quite a lot of guests moaning about the seemingly lack of staff on the rides to get more trains on. At the moment everything seems to be on 1 train!
streetmagix

They seem to have had quite a few power cuts this year, I assume it's the feed(s) coming into the park rather than a local issue? They're also directing people to the on site customer services, I'm guessing that will be snowed under right now! They should probably admit defeat and start offering free return tickets on the next like they have done previously.
Dan says hi

They seemed to suggest that it was a local power cut instead of a park power cut but you can never be sure.
Burniel

The park's app is suggesting that the maze may be back next year, contrary to what many of us thought:

Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dan says hi

Thorpe have now confirmed on their Twitter page that Rush will be closed for the remainder of the season due to maintenance.
JamieDeath

Went yesterday, glad I didn't go today, looks like they are having terrible problems with the weather - all rides apart from derren brown/x look to be shut (not sure how the dodgems are effected by the wind?).

Found this by the clown tent, is this a clue for whats coming next year? (said 'O? 2018') Image

As for Rush, looks to have been dismantled even further than the post further up, seats have been completely removed, took some pics: https://imgur.com/a/tjlVO 
ThemeCrafter264

Legacy could be referring to the new Saw: Legacy AKA Jigsaw film, suggesting a possible revamp for saw alive for 2018.
Pins

Hey,

Quick random question. I've always noticed that Tidal Wave doesn't really 'float' like say a log flume does, it's just wheels on metal, and sometimes you can visibly see it going round without the water on the drop. However when it reaches the bottom I believe it uses the water as its brakes, bringing it back to a natural speed.

My question is, what would happen if the water was not in the lake at the bottom, or maybe was at too low a level, would it carry on at high speed on the track?
Justin

ThemeCrafter264 wrote:Legacy could be referring to the new Saw: Legacy AKA Jigsaw film, suggesting a possible revamp for saw alive for 2018.
They won't invest any further in Saw Alive. Not after what was said at the Summer Sizzler regarding the boat!
JamieDeath

Pins wrote:Hey,

Quick random question. I've always noticed that Tidal Wave doesn't really 'float' like say a log flume does, it's just wheels on metal, and sometimes you can visibly see it going round without the water on the drop. However when it reaches the bottom I believe it uses the water as its brakes, bringing it back to a natural speed.

My question is, what would happen if the water was not in the lake at the bottom, or maybe was at too low a level, would it carry on at high speed on the track?
I would be interested in knowing the answer to this, I was thinking yesterday could the amount of water be lowered to reduce the splash for colder days (or just remove the water completely). I know similar rides use magnetic breaks, but I am guessing tidal wave just uses the force of the water to slow, and then the momentum to go back to the station? Can't remember ever seeing any pusher wheels or water jets or anything to help it get back to the station after the drop. 
A bit unrelated, but would love them to fix the effects (church/water tank) and add back the fire jet. Don't want them to completely refurbish it/retheme it though, it is one of my favourite rides just because of the theme.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Tidal Wave's water stays at a constant level to ensure the boat is slowed down appropriately. If the water level goes down, a sensor will trigger an alarm and the ride will shut down.

There are pumps near the station that push water around the circuit to ensure the boats keep moving.
DeadJack5

Justin wrote:
ThemeCrafter264 wrote:Legacy could be referring to the new Saw: Legacy AKA Jigsaw film, suggesting a possible revamp for saw alive for 2018.
They won't invest any further in Saw Alive. Not after what was said at the Summer Sizzler regarding the boat!
The only thing I could think is just maybe little nods to the new film, storyline (not that it really did have one) change, or maybe a brand new maze? Walking Dead has had 2 mazes created for this year. Maybe Saw: Alive will be joined by a new addition or dependant on the situation with the boat, shut and a new maze planned?
ThemeCrafter264

Rumba Rapids alongside Rush will remain closed for the rest of the season and will reopen in 2018. This will bring the amount of closed attractions at Fright Nights to 4.
JamieDeath

I don't get why they would shut the rapids so randomly without notice? Guessing its to cut down costs on staff, but it seems silly having it shut for fright nights as its probably the best water ride out of the lot to go on at night (you don't really want to get wet at night). 

Could they be renovating it or something? It seems so dull and pointless at the moment 

Also I noticed one of the flood lights right on top of slammer on the other day, is that normal? 

Feels like at this rate thorpe park will have more SBNO rides than operating ones.