Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Justin

Initial thought, a sea beast, I've discounted the Wickerman theme for a while, although it could be The Gruffalo  :lol
Adam.W

A dragon, perhaps? For me the first thing that came to mind was the dragon from Universal Studios Orlando. Could explain the potential for a fire/water effect mentioned a couple of months ago.
Justin

Yeah, could be! Would be a nice idea too!

The rate that they are constructing at is quite amazing! Does anyone know how many people are involved in the construction ?
Capt.Barnacles

There's usually approaching a couple dozen people visible on site each day (except Sundays of course, nothing gets done Sundays)
Bert

I noticed this when watching TPWW's most recent blog, It seems like a tribal necklace to me.

A dragon would explain a lot though, It would also explain the horns on the wickerman from the planning application. A dragon would also explain the piping(could be for sewage though) that is supposedly for water and/or fire effects.
[Insert Signature Here]
Adam.W

Also, regarding the size of the structure, are we 100% sure that it has reached it's maximum height? Looking at the top of it, it seems possible that something could be placed on it, maybe a head or something.

I was also just looking at the plans, and apparently there's going to be a theming structure where the flume turnaround is?
Is this still going to happen, or have newer plans been released since?
Robert.W

That is interesting to see... I remember at one point that the Flume station site was going to be a restaurant, but I haven't seen this yet. It seems unlikely that we will see another large theming structure built since all the other buildings and theming structure have already progressed so far.

By the way, I love the idea of the theming being a dragon!

T0mPr1ce

That looks like wire mesh to me too! (#rockwork)
Owen

It seems as though that was going to be the Flume station being used as that beginning of the queue. but this has since been scrapped. Maybe it's being refurbished off-site or something else will go in its place, however right now it looks like that isn't going to be part of the final product. :)
darrenhosker

I'm starting to think Gruffalo now too. I mean they only just got the I.P at Chessington and it is a family coaster.

Also note the black spikes on the picture;

ImageImage
PhNx Survivor

I don't see this being the Gruffalo.. the legacy of SW8, turns out to be a Gruffalo themed ride.. not gonna lie, that would be a waste of a good opportunity, not to mention John Wardley made an impact on this coaster.. my guess is something tribal, not a wicker man unfortunately but rock work does look likely.. but with the black fins.. if it's a Dragon.. possible Game of Thrones theme? although this is probably very unlikely! Would be cool though.
TheDuke

I doubt that it will be the gruffulo, it will be a new IP as they know a branded ride such as this would not go down well
ATI

It had better not be bloody gruffalo.
We were born to fly...
Rob
Admin
Admin

Its not going to be Gruffalo
T0mPr1ce

+1 on that, I'm sure it won't be an IP at all.
Justin

Rob wrote:Its not going to be Gruffalo
T0mPr1ce wrote:+1 on that, I'm sure it won't be an IP at all.
Of course, it won't, not with Chessington, but there is no denying that it looks like it :lol
I highly doubt any coaster will be an IP at Alton! It will be unique!

I've continued the speculation here... http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=31149&p=858853#p858853
Zach

Soooo back to construction....
Owen

The TV's are going in!

Credit to Theme Park Guide.
Justin

I'm really excited by these TVs. Let's hope that they are part of the SW8 marketing and not just screens advertising the Rollercoaster Restaurant, TTQ, Golf etc!
Capt.Barnacles

As much as I want to say that isn't likely, this IS Towers we're talking about here. We'll have to wait and see, hopefully I can get back on in the next couple weeks and get another update as things progress, and maybe catch whatever goes on these screens :)