Towers Loving Care

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheDuke

Owen wrote:Duel's sign has seen some refurbishment, and is now back in its place!
Towers Loving Care wrote:A refurbished sign for Duel, with further TLC treatment planned for Duel next closed season!
Good improvement can't wait to see further improvements for it's size gloomy wood is one of my favourite areas
Dom

Yay! Next closed season is going to be interesting now with a Duel TLC and SW8
S.J_O'Grady

Duel has always been in such a terrible state and yet it's really important to me, so glad to see this and that there's more to come. Means it should be around for a while longer (though arguably Ice Age could deflate that theory)
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Tom170499

Just a thought. With the 2017 map stating SW8 will be in GW, and now that Duel will be receiving TLC next closed season, could this point towards SW8 actually being in GW? Just thinking that it's not unusual for a neighbouring attraction to receive a refurb before a new one opens (a la Oblivion repaint in 2013)?
S.J_O'Grady

Tom170499 wrote:Just a thought. With the 2017 map stating SW8 will be in GW, and now that Duel will be receiving TLC next closed season, could this point towards SW8 actually being in GW? Just thinking that it's not unusual for a neighbouring attraction to receive a refurb before a new one opens (a la Oblivion repaint in 2013)?
Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon have been receiving some TLC as well though.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Tom170499

S.J_O'Grady wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:Just a thought. With the 2017 map stating SW8 will be in GW, and now that Duel will be receiving TLC next closed season, could this point towards SW8 actually being in GW? Just thinking that it's not unusual for a neighbouring attraction to receive a refurb before a new one opens (a la Oblivion repaint in 2013)?
Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon have been receiving some TLC as well though.
That is a good point. We'll have to wait and see. It's all speculation at this time but that's the part I love about a new development! It will be interesting to eventually find out all the details :D
Dan

After spending the weekend at Alton Towers I can safely say that all the TLC work is visible and the park itself is looking the best it has in many years.

The refurbishment to Hex has been completed to a very high standard (not enough to have kept it closed for a whole season but we all know the real reason why it was closed) and it's great to see it looking so fresh. I just hope they maintain it and don't just leave it to rot as they did before.
S.J_O'Grady

I was also there yesterday. Nemesis looks better than it did in '94 and Hex was also very atmospheric with all effects working well. Other little things across the park were noticeable.

Driving School wasn't bad but it's a shame it's in such a now terrible area. Also the bubble machine wasn't working and after having it closed for a year I'd expect everything to be top top.

I also saw quite a bit of work in the gardens. The pagoda now completely covered and lots going on at the conservatories. It looked to me like the Swiss Cottage had been repainted lately as well.
Luce

I was also impressed with all the TLC that's gone on over closed season and was nice to see everything looking so much nicer. Hopefully this can be kept up and I especially loved getting back on Hex after the work that's been done - still one of my favourite things at AT :)
Adam.W

Not sure whether this has been confirmed elsewhere, but according to Alton Towers' Twitter, Nemesis: Sub-Terra is closed for TLC. Presumably, this confirms that we will see the return of N:ST in some form or another in the future.

S.J_O'Grady

Don't forget Wobble World and Charlie were also closed for TLC ;) But yes, I've always had the impression that it will reopen at some point.
Bert

My guess it will open in 2018 along side SW8. 2018 is looking to be an exciting year for the resort in a long time!
[Insert Signature Here]
Justin

I really hope N:ST opens again. It is a good addition to Forbidden Valley, adding to the overall story of Nemesis and the area. Phalanx seems to have been written out at present (apart from Scarefest), so the military feel has gone! Having their presence around the ride was good, bringing the area alive!
Count-Vonduel

Adam.W wrote:Not sure whether this has been confirmed elsewhere, but according to Alton Towers' Twitter, Nemesis: Sub-Terra is closed for TLC. Presumably, this confirms that we will see the return of N:ST in some form or another in the future.

That last bit of the tweet, I find the wording of it strange, think they are hinting that it could open this year (perhaps at Scarefest)?
Dom

The end of that is probably just in reply to someone who asked if it will be open on that day. I wouldn't read too much into it
TheDuke

Dom wrote:The end of that is probably just in reply to someone who asked if it will be open on that day. I wouldn't read too much into it
Yeah couldve sworn we've gotten this reply before from them we won't know what's happening with NST until the outright say whats happening to it
Robert.W

When I was last at Alton Towers, I swear the sign for NST was missing.

Count-Vonduel

It has been missing for a few years now.
Anyway, do you think TLC might get extended to 4 years because short of global fraud, it is by this point, impossible for them to do everything that needs doing on whatever downright offensive budget they have been given in just the 1 year!
Justin

Towers Loving Care will continue and Alton hopes it will be a rolling project. Duel is up next for TLC with Twirling Toadstools receiving work this season. Nemesis is also up for Phase 3 this winter, but beyond that nothing more has been announced yet.
Nickolai

I will wait with anticipation to see how much will change with Duel. Whether they give it a nice Hex 'polish' or something more (or less), who knows...
Formally Smiler313