Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NemesisRider

DrKelman wrote:The new map design looks like it's being taken over by Cbeebies land which is quite sad really. :(
Slightly disagree - Forbidden Valley (the main area for thrillseekers) is easily as big as CBeebies on the map. Also consider there are people who will visit solely for CBeebies Land, whereas thrillseekers will travel between various areas, so I think it's about fair.
ThemeCrafter264

I think what it comes down to is there is a higher density of rides on the east side of the park than the west side. The west side involves more of the gardens/ woodland and has areas with 1/2 rides- Katanga canyon and gloomy wood. Hopefully, sw8 will bring some more life to this side of the park.
ThemeCrafter264

Sorry for double post but has is the maps backside which as a hotel map Image
Stan.H

OhShambhala wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned yet as the article was from a few days ago, but it seems a construction worker was injured possibly on the SW8 site, due to being run over by a dump truck.

The article from the Stoke Sentinal doesn't state that the 21 year old man was seriously injured but emergency services were called.

The full article can be found here...

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/investig ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And thats why I hate the media... Need I say more. :)
Theme Park Callum

Here are a few photos that I took yesterday, including the new park map as posted above.

Fence blocking the path from Mutiny Bay to Katanga Canyon. It also appears that The Burger Kitchen in Mutiny Bay is not in operation for the 2017 season.

The Haunted Hollow has had some work done over winter.

All that remains of The Flume.

House of Monsters will be returning to Scarefest 2017.

Ice Age 4D has now gone, with it being repainted over the winter break.

Hex was running really well, with new lighting being the main highlight.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has now been fenced off, as well as changes to the Cloud Cuckoo Land sign.

The Blade has seen a fresh repaint as part of Towers Loving Care.
Burniel

Given the popularity of House of Monsters, I wouldn't be surprised if the building remains a Scarefest-only venue in the long term, much like the IAC building at Thorpe was before 2015 and probably will be from 2018.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Stan.H

Those pictures just got me a lot more excited for the 25th and open season to come around! Thanks for sharing them! :)
Dom

Great photo's. Can't believe how little is left of The Flume. Such an iconic water ride, gone. But hey ho. CCL is looking very colourful to the point its quite painful on the eyes :lol Having been unable to experience House of Monsters last year, I'm so glad its coming back again this year. May actually get to experience it. Thanks again for the photo update :)
S.J_O'Grady

Not the best attempt at removing Ice Age theming from the CCL sign, painting the ice orange! :lol Great photos anyway, thanks for posting, Callum.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Bert

Wow, I have to admit Hex and CCL look really good! One question I have though is the CCL Burger Kitchen closed too? Please say yes as it was a poor food outlet.
[Insert Signature Here]
Theme Park Callum

Bert2theSpark wrote:Wow, I have to admit Hex and CCL look really good! One question I have though is the CCL Burger Kitchen closed too? Please say yes as it was a poor food outlet.
No, it was open on Sunday and is on the 2017 park map.
Owen

Stan.H wrote:
OhShambhala wrote:The full article can be found here...

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/investig ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For reporting on an incident in the area they're supposed to cover? :-s

I am confused, are we now classing every negative article remotely linked to towers as an issue? :lol
Sawboss

Owen wrote:
Stan.H wrote:
OhShambhala wrote:The full article can be found here...

For reporting on an incident in the area they're supposed to cover? :-s
Yes, that comment confused me as well.. I clicked the article expecting a Smiler reference :lol
Stan.H

Noooooo, you've taken it the wrong way!! What I was trying to get at was like just how the media slate Alton Towers, and really put it in a bad limelight no matter what nowadays - the picture especially. Not sure if that made sense, but I hope you get the gist!! :lol
TheReven

don't suppose anyone knows if Galactica got any new destinations? The posters that were displayed last season looked interesting

Sorry If I have posted in the wrong page, new to forum
Dom

Not to worry. We were all new on here at some point.

Galactica is currently being discussed here
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I can't recall whether this was previously noted, however it appears that, after opening in late May, Splash Landings Hotel will close again from September 4th.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Theme Park Callum wrote:Here are a few photos that I took yesterday, including the new park map as posted above.
Thanks for sharing your images.
JonDoesTT

Stan.H wrote:Noooooo, you've taken it the wrong way!! What I was trying to get at was like just how the media slate Alton Towers, and really put it in a bad limelight no matter what nowadays - the picture especially. Not sure if that made sense, but I hope you get the gist!! :lol
Doesn't matter, someone got run over by a truck. Are they supposed to make that sound good?

Credit to NemesisRider
Count-Vonduel

After seeing those pictures, I'm quite excited for opening day.
Think they will open House of Monsters in August or not?