Wicker Man Construction Discussion

Feed the flames! New for 2018.
Chris
Admin
Admin

This is your main port-of-call for any discussion related to construction progress. If on your day out at the resort you take some fascinating photos of SW8 construction then share them here.

For discussion about SW8 itself, then head over to our Ride Speculation and Discussion topic. Also don't forget our Area Speculation and Discussion to discuss any ideas or observations about how SW8 will affect Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon. Once the Alton Towers Resort marketing machine gets into full swing we will also have our Marketing and Viral Campaigns Discussion thread.

Have fun! :)

______________________________________________________________________________________

Reminder on adding photos

1) Host your pictures online using any of the many picture hosting services (such as photobucket).

2) Copy the image url (usually displayed under the image on photo hosting services).

3) In the 'Create new post' page click the little Mona-Lisa icon.

The following code should appear... Image

4) Paste the image url between the two generated codes like so... Image

5) Repeat the above steps for every image you wish to post.

Finally preview your post to check that the image is visible.
Owen

Little update from Towers Street.

The Flume and Mexican Cantina are both gone now!

The Flume entrance is now gone.

The final section of The Flume.

The new path from Mutiny Bay to Gloomy Wood. This starts close to where The Flume's first lift hill was and at the start of Haunted Hollow.
LaurenceColes

Ahhh it's good to be back and seeing updates for SW8, I haven't really been on here since the Smiler was finished! Nice photos Owen, thanks! :D
Owen

It seems station construction has started, although I'm sure there will be photos to confirm this today. :)

From Theme Park Guide -

It also appears construction on the new hill has begun, with supports for the dirt in place!

Here are some images from TPWW taken from the Skride.

Here you can see the station to the left, and at the far right is where the new hill will be constructed.

A look at the station.

TheDuke

Now that the park is open and groundwork being hopefully we'll see the coaster and themeing come together as the weeks go on
Owen

Another couple from Theme Park Guide.

Dan_Roe

Just realised how amazing it is going to be to see a wooden rollercoaster on that site in 1 years time!
smokenmirrors

Great to see construction is underway!

I wonder if the grey rock work seen above will stay or if these are just foundations? It looks suspiciously as if it could be cascading down to a water feature?
Owen

Right now I wouldn't think anything is near ready, so I doubt it's anything of significance just yet :)
T0mPr1ce

Looking good!
Liam.W

Some shots from the skyride today:

Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here are some close up shots of various areas of the SW8 site from TowersTimes Facebook. It's good to see things progressing nicely :)

TheDuke

Looks like rebarb for the concrete foundations maybe we'll see foundations for the station and track soon
JonDoesTT

There were a lot of bits of metal near the monorail station, what are they? Couldn't get any pictures but I'm guessing someone else saw them

Credit to NemesisRider
Dom

I think its safe to say that every single angle was covered yesterday by all the different sites/groups/fans out there :lol . Is anyone else getting the feeling that AT are trying to be as visible as possible with this? If they wanted to keep things secret they would have put up fencing near CRR ending and put up like a cover on the Skyride window that makes it hard to see out. I am probably just over thinking it, but it is nice to be able to see everything they are doing on site
TheDuke

JonDoesTT wrote:There were a lot of bits of metal near the monorail station, what are they? Couldn't get any pictures but I'm guessing someone else saw them
If you can get me a picture I'd wager I could have a good idea on what they are
T0mPr1ce

If I had to guess I'd say that rebar could be in place for the foundations for the first turn/drop from the lift.
scruffy_

smokenmirrors wrote:Great to see construction is underway!

I wonder if the grey rock work seen above will stay or if these are just foundations? It looks suspiciously as if it could be cascading down to a water feature?
could be on to something there!
Bert

I don't know if anyone has picked up on this yet but the SW8 comes extremely close to the rapids, cuasing some interaction with the rides. Also all 'Pirate' SW8 banners have been removed and replace with the 'Wooden' banner ones
[Insert Signature Here]
Liam.W

Bert2theSpark wrote:I don't know if anyone has picked up on this yet but the SW8 comes extremely close to the rapids, cuasing some interaction with the rides. Also all 'Pirate' SW8 banners have been removed and replace with the 'Wooden' banner ones
Wow, I never noticed that before! We totally didn't see this the other week :whistle:
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!