Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Following additional plans being released yesterday, the project has today been announced to be a viking themed wooden rollercoaster.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg wrote:In 2017, a great battle will ensue in the trappers' village of New France. Vikings will invade, forcing the trappers to defend their village. Invade new territory on the first wooden coaster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. The 74-foot drop makes it a force to be feared and nine airtime hills wait to be conquered by bold warriors. Chart a course through the winding frontier at 48 mph and claim eternal glory for your crew.
Here's the difference:

There's currently a poll for the ride's name so head over to the Project 2017 page to cast your vote!
Altontowersbarlow

All three names are absolutely horrific. Despite this I am very interested to see this develop.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It has been announced that 'InvadR' will be the name for the coaster, having received 52% of the votes.
Owen

Personally, I feel the name of an attraction is very important. It needs to be memorable and eye catching, to make the ride equally as memorable and noticed. This name is cringeworthy and lazy - and I feel like this will soon be forgotten p, especially by those outside of the US, a shame really after the success of Verbolten.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The park did publish a blog post just over a week back explaining the process behind selecting the choices of names. Although 'InvadR' may seem lazy at first it is actually inspired by Old Norse names so does have deeper meaning, although admittedly this is unlikely to be something the average guest is aware of.
Owen

I like the idea, however Verbolten also took inspiration from the German word Verboten (which means prohibited or something similar) and it is much nicer to say than InvadR. I don't know if I'm being picky I'm just not a fan of the name really :-k
Danny

Despite the reasoning of the name InvadR, a name also needs to sounds good and suit the theme and ride. I don't like it, but will reserve full judgement until we find out more about it. :)
MakoMania

I think this is the worst name for a ride to come out of SeaWorld creative for a very long time, maybe the worst in the history of the company.

Still happy BGW are getting a wooden coaster though :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
MakoMania

Official POV of InvadR!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The name is growing on me.
Owen

It seems as though Busch Gardens will be using the trains from Tampa's Gwazi coaster on InvadR. Personally I'm not too excited about this as they weren't the best, however it'll be it resting to see what happens...
Burniel

Owen wrote:It seems as though Busch Gardens will be using the trains from Tampa's Gwazi coaster on InvadR. Personally I'm not too excited about this as they weren't the best, however it'll be it resting to see what happens...
They weren't all that bad - the Gwazi trains were fairly new and it would be a bit of a waste to not reuse them. The way I see it, the more money they save on the trains, the more they can put into more exciting aspects of the coaster!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Owen

A second poll has been started, where you will now choose the logo for InvadR. Below are the options.

[align=centre]Blue with Dragon Shield

Red with Dragon Shield

Blue with Crossed Shield

Red with Crossed Shield

Image[/align]

You can vote here!
Last edited by lewis97 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Link
MakoMania

Here is a run down of all the major new attractions at SeaWorld Entertainment parks for 2017 including InvadR at Busch Gardens Williamsburg!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/ex ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dom

We have train pictures for Invadr because of IAAPA.

Credit to Coaster Nation on Twitter
Theo

If I'm being honest, I dislike the Invadr cars but the ride looks decent.
Chris
Admin
Admin

I like how they are completely different from one another though.
Theo

Baffles wrote:I like how they are completely different from one another though.
Not me [-X it would bug me so much!
Rita Fan

I love that. No trains are the same. It just makes train recognizability a bit easier, and adds uniqueness.
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
Owen

Just a shame the lion one looks like a rushed job that has just been plonked on the front :P
MakoMania

Now this is a great use of VR!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;