Thorpe Park Resort - The Future

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
The Nemesis Fox

After a think I have come up with some ideas for new coasters.
My first is for the island behind the swarm. It will be either a flying, a dive or even a flying dive coaster. It will be themed around the RAF and will be about trying to stop the swarm, it will be very interactive with the swarm. Another way it could go is that you have a flyer and a dive and the dive could be the practice and the flyer the mission. There could also be a flat either air race or Air Force.

Another idea is for a hyper on the land behind inferno. Theming would be around the volcano. If it couldn't be a b&m hyper then could be a stand up?
Burniel

A very much doubt a standup coaster would come to Thorpe Park, they don't seem to be very popular rides at all!

By the time Thorpe Park do add another coaster (I think it's fair to say we probably won't see one until at least 2019), it'll have to be something big. Not only will it be their longest gap between coasters ever (unless you count the gap between Space Station Zero and X:\ No Way Out), but it will also be following The Swarm, their most expensive coaster to date. I think a hyper is not too ambitious, nor is a large-scale flyer or dive behind The Swarm.

Whilst I do think wood (hopefully in the form of an RMC) will come to Thorpe some day, I think Merlin would want to see how SW8 goes down first and so I personally would hope for another coaster before then.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
theparklifekid

Im a little bit worried Thorpe have nothing new to offer for 2017, sure DBGT cost quite a lot and they don't want to spend a lot on something new but I feel like something should come about. When I went to Thorpe yesterday, I did Slammer for the first time and all day it was a 5 minute queue, seeing how it always has technical difficulties I wouldn't be surprised if this is its last season its with us, if it is we could get a new flat ride in its place.

Or they could just re-open Loggers Leap with a new theme and brand it as the "New Ride".
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Owen

To be honest I would think Ghost Train may have stopped any developments for 2017 now. It's nice to have something new and shiny every year but honestly I don't think we need it. I'd rather wait another year and have something amazing! :D
Georgie

I'd rather they not have a new attraction and give the park some Thorpe Loving Care than open something short sighted like I'm a Celebrity or Angry Birds Land.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
timmy1372

This may if been asked already but do we know if loggers leap is back next year?
NeoXIII

timmy1372 wrote:This may if been asked already but do we know if loggers leap is back next year?
I think TP said it will return for next season, but I have no confirmed source for that unfortunately.
Owen

As far as I'm aware there are currently no plans for Loggers Leap - who knows what they could be coming up with now though...
timmy1372

Owen wrote:As far as I'm aware there are currently no plans for Loggers Leap - who knows what they could be coming up with now though...
I do hope it comes back! Much better than the Flume was.
Burniel

The park definitely started the season by saying it'll be back for 2017. They haven't said that since, however.

Found these over on Thorpe Park Mania. Doesn't look as hopeful now!

Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
timmy1372

Do you think it's a coincidence the flume closed at the same time? Seems a bit odd! After not riding it for what could be atleast 20 years the double drop was a pleasant surprise, no sooner have I been reacquainted it's closed the next year, potentially without even a proper send off.
Justin

They didn't seem to sure what was happening in the summer when I went on my lift hill climb of The Swarm. It seemed like discussions were taking place back then to decide the rides future but nothing had been confirmed.

Wasn't the closure of a lot of flumes due to new safety procedures across parks?
Tom

The guy on the BTS tour of Platform 15 mentioned that the fencing they'd installed between the route of the maze and Loggers meant that both could be operated simultaneously. Not sure how true that is or whether it was just the usual tour type spiel...
Jared

I doubt it'll re-open. Dragon Falls had a lot of work done to add in new evacuation platforms and steps that are most likely too costly on Loggers and Flume. So I believe it's a H&S thing.
timmy1372

There was somebody in the Loggers queue line doing some mantainance back in August, I could see them from the top of Saw or Samurai, the bit of outdoor queue line next to the beginning of the ride.

I really hope they keep it, it would be cost cutting that would be very short sighted on Thorpes part, it adds some nice variation, unless they build a better version of course, but something like it is definitely needed.
Georgie

The queue itself is currently being used for Platform 15 so you might have seen them doing prep for that.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
Ryan.B

Saying something will return and then not never ends well..
Owen

The resort never really confirmed it would or wouldn't be, just that the area was undergoing redevelopment.
theycallmealex

Judging from when we had a look whilst queuing/enduring/suffering through Platform No 15. I would say it's safe to say it's probably not due to the lack of 'visible' work it's had done.
Liam.W

PLOT TWIST:
When you are looking at Loggers Leap, you are actually looking at a giant photograph of Loggers Leap, and behind that photograph a new coaster is being constructed :lol

If a park ever did something like that and pulled it off it would be amazing :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!