2017: New Attractions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
towerslover

Forgive me if there is already a thread for this, though it deserved its own rather than the 2015-2019 one!

Wondering if we could see any new rides or attractions for the 2017 season. There is a lack of flat rides around the park, so potentially a new one, or even two?!

If not what do you think will be new for next season, I would love to hear your thoughts!
MakoMania

What I want:

New flat ride in Dark Forest
Some sort of small new attraction in CBeebies Land
New Pirate Show
New exhibit in Sharkbait Reef

What I think we'll get:

New small attraction in CBeebies Land
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
towerslover

I should hope that CBeebies land does not get another attraction. Most of that area is pretty new and there are obviously other outdated areas around the park that need some investments (ccl)!!
S.J_O'Grady

What I'd hope for:

-New X-Sector flat ride
-New Forbidden Valley flat ride
-New Dark Forest flat ride
-All closed attractions reopened
-Do something about CCL
-Something else (not fussy)

What it will likely be:

-Another building on Towers Street repainted
-Some new signs and fences
-Increase in ticket price
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
craig.day.92

Couldnt agree more, X sector is screaming for a flat ride along with dark forest. All I can see is a lick of paint.
Aidan Lowe

craig.day.92 wrote:All I can see is a lick of paint.
Something is coming as seen on the lead creatives LinkedIn page with a 2017 attraction planned. I'm assuming this particular project may have something to do with the Charlie building as it states on his page Starting November 2014 so its a project heavily researched and planned.

Sticking a few flats in doesn't require much creative input I would imagine either.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
towerslover

What's going to be in that building, another boat ride with a ip?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As reported on TowersTimes Facebook, it seems Alton Towers have now submitted an application for the "demolition of existing structures and installation of a new ride and construction of associated buildings, along with landscaping works".

Given that it is listed as a 'minor' application and doesn't specify that it will be indoors (like Sub Terra's application did), I wonder if this could be for a new flat ride. It also doesn't seem like this would be for a retheme of Charlie with it mentioning the demolition of existing structures.

Currently my thoughts are a new flat ride on the site of Ripsaw and Refresh@Ripsaw with the resort having already hinted at plans for that area.
theparklifekid

This is great news for the park! Im hoping it maybe a flat ride in the dark forest or the demolition of CATCF and a new flat there.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
MakoMania

Don't care where it is, Dark Forest, Forbidden Valley, X-Sector, anywhere! Just pleeeeez be a flat ride pleeeez :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
S.J_O'Grady

MakoMania wrote:Don't care where it is, Dark Forest, Forbidden Valley, X-Sector, anywhere! Just pleeeeez be a flat ride pleeeez :)
Or all 3! :D
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
stealthsmiler

I just hope this is a flat ride that caters to the thrill market and not the family one! Alton towers needs a new thrill ride given that it's been three years since the smiler, and whilst I understand that we do not yet need another thrilling coaster, the park desperately needs some thrilling flat rides!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan

Just remember that the planning application states "removal of existing structures"

A building in itself doesn't fall under this category so I don't think we're going to see a Ripsaw replacement.

Could it be another extension to CBeebies Land?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Dan wrote:A building in itself doesn't fall under this category so I don't think we're going to see a Ripsaw replacement.
The SW8 application also refers to the 'demolition of existing structures' which includes Mexican Cantina, so I wouldn't be so sure.
S.J_O'Grady

I think they'd be mad to add anything more to CBeebies next year. This would mean three consecutive years of CBeebies additions. The area is already huge having eaten through the farm, storybook land and half of adventure land, and it has everything it could possibly need. I would hope that they would just leave it as it is until around 2019 and focus on the thrill market for now.
Dan

lewis97 wrote: The SW8 application also refers to the 'demolition of existing structures' which includes Mexican Cantina, so I wouldn't be so sure.
Hmm maybe so but isn't the removal of The Flume also covered under that?

I'd have thought that any specific buildings would be mentioned and that "structures" would indicate a rides removal rather than a building.

We'll have to wait and see :)
S.J_O'Grady

I wouldn't have thought they need to specify individual buildings at this stage so "structures" could mean anything. Anyway, yes, we'll see!
Master_feedback

Well here is my guess for what its worth

rework to sub T to give it what I can only call the dbgt treatment

Sky sailor what did cbeebies have new this year to make it have something new three years in a row ... ?

For what its worth from a commercial point of view it makes lots of sence to add to cbeebies land next year to keep the little ones coming back after all it was the only area of the park that didn't see a drop in attendance last year
xylyx

Yeah it only had TLC over closed season. It's still very sparkly new though and with the big fun time area having the shows rotate and the selection of rides and attractions that are there being quite broad it's not really desperate for anything more at the minute.

They do need a bridge between the kiddy rides and the family rides, something for my girls to want to ride when they're bigger that isn't an intimidating coil of track or a plunge into oblivion. But I'm selfishly going to hope for something a little more thrilling :D
S.J_O'Grady

Master_feedback wrote:Well here is my guess for what its worth

rework to sub T to give it what I can only call the dbgt treatment

Sky sailor what did cbeebies have new this year to make it have something new three years in a row ... ?
Sorry, I was referring to Octonauts. I'm in the wrong year ](*,) :lol

I still think it's too soon to add anything to CBeebies yet though - they should focus on something else for a while.