Thorpe Park - Derren Brown's Ghost Train

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
cianjs

I will tell you this;
Spoiler
pre show, onload, Vr section 1 (good, realistic and scary), offload, small section of live action and then final Vr segment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by lewis97 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added spoiler tags.
ThemeCrafter264

Just tell us what happens as a spoiler tag. I really want to know if it would be worth queuing or not for me
Jack

Liking the sound of "love action" there ;)
Owen

One thing I'm wondering is if they're using the disabled pass system today or not...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Even for the most simple details about what happens within the attraction it is recommended that you use spoiler tags so as not to detract from the experience of those who want to go in blind as it were.

Obviously anything that has been revealed in an official press release is fine, but the reasoning for adding tags to the post above is that it pertains to the sequencing of the attraction.

If you're in any doubt over whether to use spoiler tags or not, it's better just to include them and avoid upsetting anyone!
craig.day.92

Im going on Monday, Cant wait now... Be good to hear any reviews later :)
Owen

UK Theme Parks have posted some images of the queue line!

The Posters

General Queue Shots

Photo Ticket

First Photo Checkpoint *minor spoilers*
Spoiler

Jared

It was fun, but it's still very glitchy. 5/10.
Dan

Jared wrote:It was fun, but it's still very glitchy. 5/10.
Hence why these "technical rehearsals" are taking place. The attraction isn't yet ready to open fully to the public so we can't expect it to be fully finished.
Jared

Oh, I know that. The transit system is fab and works great, it's the VR that's the issue.
Owen

There's been a very large mix or reviews, with these mainly being toward the 7-10 area so I believe these issues are only for certain riders. :)
ThemeCrafter264

Using spoilers, how does it work transit wise.

Also how quick does the queue move and maybe ideas about capacity
Owen

Spoiler
You can't really tell as you don't ever see the ride moving, as well as this you don't really feel the genuine movement, as the ride sometimes feels as though it's moving in one direction when it's moving the other
Justin

I was part of the testing last Saturday and while I can't reveal what happened/occurred due to the NDA, we were fully aware that issues may crop up.
Let's just say Thorpe Park want it right and there were many managers about to ensure things run smoothly.

Although I have been on, I'm not rating it (and don't think it is right to do so). I'm going to wait until a couple of months down the line. As Dan says, it is important to remember that these are dress rehearsals and things may change.
jonny9403

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:Using spoilers, how does it work transit wise.

Also how quick does the queue move and maybe ideas about capacity
Spoiler
The train is a shell it moves out the back
Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Kurtis12

Am the only one that thinks the 1.4m height restriction is stupid ? There's not restraints and very little movement ?
Horras64

I can't wait to ride it and see how much we got right and wrong. Fingers crossed its open on the 10th next weekend.

Owen

Kurtis12 wrote:Am the only one that thinks the 1.4m height restriction is stupid ? There's not restraints and very little movement ?
Just because a ride doesn't move violently doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered 1.4M. The content within the Ghost Train could be considered as too intense for children and so this is why this is in place, as generally children don't reach 1.4M until about 10 years of age.
Kurtis12

Owen wrote:
Kurtis12 wrote:Am the only one that thinks the 1.4m height restriction is stupid ? There's not restraints and very little movement ?
Just because a ride doesn't move violently doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered 1.4M. The content within the Ghost Train could be considered as too intense for children and so this is why this is in place, as generally children don't reach 1.4M until about 10 years of age.
well there's a over 13 only restriction for that! What about little people ? Can they not ride then ?

Ladyofthelake

Kurtis12 wrote:
Owen wrote:
well there's a over 13 only restriction for that! What about little people ? Can they not ride then ?

Owen is right in what he is saying. Sometimes a height restriction is used to help enforce any age restrictions placed on the ride. A park will look at the average height for the age limit they wish to put on it and then put that height limit in place. It is far easier and quicker for staff to enforce a height limit than it is to check ages. I know that the park would have considered both the height and age limit very carefully and would not have put it in place if they didn't think it was needed.