Winter Wonderland - Hyde Park London

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Jared

Who excited for Olympia Looping this year then? [emoji4]
theparklifekid

Is It making an appearance this year!!!???
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Jared

Yup.
theparklifekid

Man thats awesome!!! :D :D

Do you mind me asking where you found this out?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Jared

From the ride team on the coaster when I rode it recently in Austria.
Max

Well, I'm definitely going if Olympia Looping is there. Been wanting to ride it for ages, never found it in a convenient place.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Eirdy

Well its the 10th birthday of the event this year, its certainly an Olympic year and um something kind of "dark" is coming ;-)
Dom

So as i'm sure everyone is aware by now but Olympia Looping is going to be at Winter Wonderland this year. So YAY!
Dom

Here is this year's map of Winter Wonderland

Chris
Admin
Admin

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you get the opportunity, head over to Winter Wonderland as Munchen Looping is a sight to behold.

Already had a 30 minute queue with three trains on opening night, so is going to get very busy!

A few of us are meeting up on the 10th of December if anyone is interested. No official meetup, but will be a lot of fun!
Justin

Looking forward to trying this. Heading down between Christmas and New Year!
I didn't go last year, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Winter Wonderland has in store this year.
Count-Vonduel

Why is that Munchen Looper such a big deal? It looks quite bland in the picture's...what am I missing?
Jack

It's the biggest traveling coaster in the world, I believe it's just short of being as tall as the Swarm if I'm not mistaken. It is apparently very, very smooth and stands up to most major permanent coasters due to the high forces its loops pull...Nah it's just a small thing to come to the UK obviously ;)
Count-Vonduel

But why all the hype about it?
Jack

Pretty much for the above reasons, it's one of the few coasters on earth to reach a "legendary" status, people go from the US to Germany just to ride Olympia Looping because it's supposedly one of the best out there and the fact we have it here in the UK for the winter is something very special. :)
coasterchemist

Baffles wrote:A few of us are meeting up on the 10th of December if anyone is interested. No official meetup, but will be a lot of fun!
We'll be there!!
Count-Vonduel

Jack wrote:Pretty much for the above reasons, it's one of the few coasters on earth to reach a "legendary" status, people go from the US to Germany just to ride Olympia Looping because it's supposedly one of the best out there and the fact we have it here in the UK for the winter is something very special. :)
Ohhh I read that as sarcasm... Sorry!
Owen

Olympia Looping was a good solid ride but not worth the hype in my opinion. It was a very odd experience where I felt as though it was fun rather than thrilling. To put it into perspective I personally find TH13TEEN much more thrilling. Also the restraint system is very flawed, due to the forces experienced on the ride the shoulder restraints seem to slam down onto your shoulders if you aren't careful, leading to a fairly uncomfortable ride. It should also be noted the forces experienced are reminiscent to an enterprise as opposed to something like The Smiler, so for those who don't enjoy that feeling - you have been warned!

It's definitely a great travelling ride and I'd like to see it return, however it by no means stands against a large amount of the permanent coasters in the UK and at £9 a ride, I wouldn't pay twice! :P
Count-Vonduel

Would it stop an overweight person from riding?
Owen

I wouldn't say so, if you can ride 13 I'd say you'd be okay (I'm a bit cuddly myself! :lol) . What I mean by the restraints is they don't seem to click full in the station and so during intense portions of the experience they come down further and sort of pin you in. If I can help with anything feel free to PM me in order to keep discussion focused on Winter Wonderland as an event as opposed to just Olympia Looping :lol